What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

My first Black Friday Week Sales items arrived today, these are from Rightstuf - Gate, A Town Where You Live, Yosuga no Sora, Record of Lodoss War, and The Art of Castle in the Sky hardcover art book:

And from Amazon JP - Little Witch Academia TV Volume 8, and Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin V:

What condition did your Amazon JP order arrive in. I had Gundam arrive in a bubble mailer where one of the edges was damaged in the end :(

Wow, haven't used a fountain pen in forever... I like the dragon motif. Gonna practice some calligraphy?

Got my Black Friday Sales order from Sentai today, five titles - The Fruit of Grisaia, The Eden/Labyrinth of Grisaia, The Good Witch of the West, The Perfect Insider, and Kino's Journey DVD. I've only seen Grisaia; the other three titles are total blind buys, although I am watching the current Kino's Journey series, and liking it a good bit.

bfsentai.jpg

What condition did your Amazon JP order arrive in. I had Gundam arrive in a bubble mailer where one of the edges was damaged in the end :(

My items arrived in great condition, as you can see by the photo - thanks to a little trick I use now. I recently had two back-to-back shipments from Amazon JP arrive with damaged LE box sets in them. Amazon JP seems to be cheapening up their packing practices now, using a lot of bubble envelopes for anime just like Amazon US tends to do. Grrr! Returning the damaged items back to Japan (the items were all over ¥7500, so had to be returned) was a big headache, too.

Fortunately, I was given a tip from someone else who imports a lot of anime from Amazon JP; they told me to just include a large magazine like Newtype if you only have one or two anime sets in your order. That way you are guaranteed to get the order shipped in a box with the items shrink-wrapped on the cardboard plank, rather than chancing it to arrive mangled in a bubble envelope. Yes, the magazine is an extra ¥740 or so, but I think it is well worth that extra cost, just to have the peace of mind. Plus, you actually get some very nice items inside those magazines - clear files, posters, multiple large foldouts with some really nice artwork - even if you can't read the magazine at all! See my post from over on BR.com where I included pics of all the magazine goodies in one of my shipments:

View Single Post - Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

I included a Newtype magazine in my last two orders from Amazon JP, and both packages arrived in shrink-wrapped plank boxes with undamaged sets inside, so it does really work!

Last edited:
Wow, haven't used a fountain pen in forever... I like the dragon motif. Gonna practice some calligraphy?

Got my Black Friday Sales order from Sentai today, five titles - The Fruit of Grisaia, The Eden/Labyrinth of Grisaia, The Good Witch of the West, The Perfect Insider, and Kino's Journey DVD. I've only seen Grisaia; the other three titles are total blind buys, although I am watching the current Kino's Journey series, and liking it a good bit.

bfsentai.jpg

If Sentai's store shipped internationally, I would have been financially ruined several times over already. Some of their deals were insane!

Hoping my order shipped today was in a box. I've been assured its been packaged securely.
How did they tell you that? Had no idea Amazon JP was actually telling customers, or any other webshop for that matter, how they actually ship items, so am a bit puzzled by your statement that they gave you assurance regarding the packaging.

How did they tell you that? Had no idea Amazon JP was actually telling customers, or any other webshop for that matter, how they actually ship items, so am a bit puzzled by your statement that they gave you assurance regarding the packaging.

I was chatting to the CS agent over the early purchase benefit since i was curious about its size/what exactly it is. After that I asked if the package will be packaged securely to prevent damage like some previous parcels faced. He assured me it would be.

@bailey1985 See the thing with that is that the images didn't load up immediately and you didn't write anything so it just looked like you had nothing to say. Interesting. Like the Ajin picture though.

From the Wordery code BOOKWEEKEND which runs out at midnight tonight (15% off after the first, most expensive book). These were the ones that I got the discount on. Still waiting for In This Corner of the World to ship.
DSC_0223.JPG

First three black friday items have arrived (Tetsuo i ordered earlier)

OlxyXNyeBwRhEvsZb0hLXvrX9QvXZDbFH5oomqBGC2PI0vbPQK-8cv0zDoBxXOr8C_WavT45XqE0coRxV0MZ3tsVSLqmqv1IqJITxoaMtzYDqYb2qT6BHfmlnZdB8t-QT5LgtMc43AqPXESfMrIrxsOnIvT8s_dR99i5Y9ntDplbCo-0fel1OmNexjeJ-BuRSywhAc3bDvdaO7Zfcpcx_rk87cG3uhRFvGu0e_j8yoQ9TqFF7bTRc3DP-SrdFlbXu_wwnHnlqNcVimtsGGwe9ZzL4GiNN-Ku8eGR993_HYH0-RQvQaTQ9IInvY5zMD27K_PlURFkYstk0_4n_LaErLY-Bm78E145vANX5Js_WLR8kR1VEvk0_C2x09W1Dewfw8f7Gd2fgBJzkzdh4lUOVwU5urmBPWLdIKeHWGyM0wzagailB7S4tjAuMhJCtFm1ofsE0l_C-CypaUrAWiCphzhRFSmEj4uLklI4XlpDMrR4HrUaDt-gcXZSvo8WWkPOxVOJan4S3hcfAmeuDcT4i3b4SKlfkPyVvnUFt-KvAlADB5EUAZ1JKisG0-nTf1DXgPGxG97HgD2dUeMbn0ijrSpV50Y98XaODIUDUMavgg=w1216-h912-no

-asOZpADmB4xfEEAbu5oc8koQr_v6HO1GWjQOeSGIYRjeu_9thB6PHh5H1Abxn-H0tfkLvXfqOr06fRVHgscBjCm3eaWAYB7A5nROWEbm8-fj506Eap5LfmFrA3Fyn7fVW6KGoa0RcV6a0iTOsMGchNGDTiEeQ2vGrBnVnsiiLcZ08OsQrZYNFHCh-FI4RTIk34Xr6fSv_HUgc9qKd5-U-Voh54fy6wPBOkKX2-5Y6bUAUzRomI0eHgY1nJhP0tpvhoV-rkePfbGLmg9t1t0gzKduJD5TuAw3RX--aWrjC_ZxH-zd4P0j_eBl9tYcFwgek9TDa4H8k_MC_TDThGDSpjRj3FXJoI4nzME2mzzmZH7vsIGKuu4WYCuTTnbgeWsrGXlvZSxUKmF8unMyPaqdIq-Q9QP2p-hzcOh8TnD5Vu_qzV-xVVPT06EfAQOWhxk2HRwpNtidIH8ebaE4OjN3G6ShDdKWO0NREXOUV0AIJu2FgrQTdBMleC6V--EGvz3FLIWsLQCfnffFJnSATbmLf_BRJfQ14ZU5gS3zHmRoOpM_fUZ5tMlCc0eg5m0JsenqYGjJ7QkQlcnYDOMQtiN_xcvtUsSFsOJvLws44QjkA=w1216-h912-no

Your Name is the Finnish edition but they released ghibli films here and i don't think there was anything wrong with the subtitles on those so 8 euros for this was pretty sweet deal.

Back