1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Discussion in 'Random Chit-Chat' started by bakum4tsu, Jan 17, 2012.

1. bakum4tsu

bakum4tsu Pokémon Master

Actually its my least favourite Shinkai movie but hey it was quite cheap so cant complain. I decided I would only buy it when I could get a nice price and that's what I did. Wolf Children is way better than I was expecting so I was waiting for a price drop too.

Buzzkillington likes this.
  2. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

[​IMG]

New keyboard! I'd had my old keyboard for quite some time now so I thought it was time I got an upgrade. Was looking for a mechanical one since I'd never had one before and I stumbled across quite a bargain. This is the Corsair STRAFE, which normally seems to retail for around the £100-£120 mark, but I managed to get this for ~£60. It is a refurb, but it comes with a one year warranty, so I figured I'm probably alright. I was supposed to get the Cherry MX Blue switches, but they had a stock issue, and only had Red and Brown switches, so I opted for the Browns because I wanted the satisfying clack, and so far, I'm not dissapointed. I was told the Blues are even clunkier than the Browns, and the Browns are already pretty damn clacky!

serpantino likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe Student Council President

Received today all 6 of the Geneon volumes for Tehxnolyze, along with the artbox to hold them all and most of the lenticular cards that came with them. Actually paid for this going on for three weeks ago, because the eBay seller went on holiday the day after the auction ended, however, because of the disgustingly low price I managed to snag this set for, I wasn't too bothered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also picked up the second season of Love Live from MVM's easter sale, and the Japanese Global Edition of 5 Centimeters Per Second for a great price in eBay.

[​IMG]

Raxor, msgeek, Blaize and 1 other person like this.
  4. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Nice one Joe, also have that Tehxnolyze set and all cases still had their lenticular card included when i bought it second hand. Started watching it some time ago, but now it's on my on-hold list. Need to finish it, or maybe even better for an old man like me ;), start from the beginning again.

5. sideways

sideways Dandy Guy, in Space

1st Little Witch Academia bluray, the Shiny Chariot cards r really nice
    wasted about 1000yen more than should of on this as mistranslated the text on amazon (thanks google translate)
    by getting the amazon exclusive which turned out to be a code to use when u buy all the vols but after looking on the site u type the code in doesn't look like can get unless u live in Japan

IMG_20170421_150125.jpg

Stiivun and NoSurprises like this.
  6. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

AoT from Amazon and the rest from MVM's 50% off sale:

IMG_1281.JPG

Stiivun, msgeek and HWR like this.
  7. demonix

demonix Adventurer

[​IMG]

Second place (the order from books etc) came in today and the order from the book depository has only just shipped today.

Stiivun likes this.
  8. bailey1985

bailey1985 Straw Hat Pirate

9. Emulsion

Emulsion Vampire Ninja

Arrived yesterday.

Really nice art book. Both the paper and print quality are very good. This is mainly pure art work(about 220-225 pages of art work) with small notes under the images to say where are from or done for. There are some pages towards the end that have character info and some pages with an interview from game director and artist.

If you're a Senran Kagura fan I would recommend getting this. Doesn't have art work from Estival Versus though.

Has artwork from:
    Skirting Shadows
    Crimson Girls
    Shinovi Versus
    NewWave
    Bon Appetit
    Deep Crimson

001.jpg

10. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

Wixoss from @unknownfate and after months, maybe a year of searching i found Baka & Test S2 LE for a decent-ish price (just under £60).

IMG_1282.JPG

Stiivun, msgeek, HWR and 1 other person like this.
  11. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

[​IMG]

Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Forever) Alone was at Uni for a while so I just got back today and retrieved it. I can confirm it's the exact same discs as the Funimation release; including AB/124 regions, old Funi subfont, on-disc content etc.

The booklet will be the same as prior but it feels nicer than the usual.

Zin5ki, Stiivun, msgeek and 1 other person like this.
  12. Neil.T

Neil.T Adventurer

13. demonix

demonix Adventurer

[​IMG]

Replacement interviews with monster girls 2 from wordery (along with another improperly sealed envelope which could have caused another batch of damage which is making me think that the envelopes they use aren't suitable for the larger books) and third place item came in as well (which has made me think up a direct from store vs amazon marketplace challenge for the book depository to see if one gets sent out faster then the other).

Jaysgba and Stiivun like this.
  14. Joe

Joe Student Council President

15. speedyspeck

speedyspeck Brigade Leader

P4250007.JPG

These arrived last week from the MVM sale, but only just got around to picking them up from the PO today as I've been too busy with work! Really happy to have got these at such a good price.​

Stiivun likes this.
  16. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

17. HWR

HWR Straw Hat Pirate

Firstly from Fopp:
    Blue Velvet
    Ran
    Runaway Train
    The Honeymoon killers
    The Ninth Configuration
    IMG_0719.JPG

From Musicmagpie for a mere £4:
    Overlord (Criterion)
    IMG_0718.JPG

And my final package from the Rightstuf sale (once again no customs Yay!):
    Amnesia
    Angel Beats
    Diabolik lovers season 1
    Dusk maiden of the Amnesia
    IMG_0717.JPG

Stiivun, DragonBlaze67 and msgeek like this.
  18. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Runaway Train, that's a great pick, Voigt was awesome in this one.

HWR likes this.
  19. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

Part 1 of Operation PS3 Haul has arrived, with the Suda51 games: Killer is Dead and Shadows of the Damned!

[​IMG]

Despite ordering from Amazon UK, the version I received for Shadows of the Damned ended up being the US version which caught me by surprise because I thought that it went out of print.

Stiivun likes this.
  20. Patient-X

Patient-X Student Council President

Received today...

image.jpg

Jaysgba and Stiivun like this.