What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

32088200771_b410a4b40b_b.jpg

No tax! Considering my TRSI order had 2 AoA releases in it, I'm relieved. Hope I have as much luck with my Madman parcel!

Lucky one.
My TRSI order is in custom since 2 days... so 99% of custom for me. :(

Anyway, I still can't believe that AoA have finally crossed the red line for Kizumonogatari, aka charging more than the JP limited edition for an inferior release (No extra/bonus/booklet with lower pages count/no jp quality digipack)
RRP for the Aniplex+ limited JP edition is 7800 Yen (~68$) while RRP for AoA set is 89$
What a joke.

Lucky one.
My TRSI order is in custom since 2 days... so 99% of custom for me. :(

Anyway, I still can't believe that AoA have finally crossed the red line for Kizumonogatari, aka charging more than the JP limited edition for an inferior release (No extra/bonus/booklet with lower pages count/no jp quality digipack)
RRP for the Aniplex+ limited JP edition is 7800 Yen (~68$) while RRP for AoA set is 89$
What a joke.

Honestly, I totally agree, the pricing is egregious and absurd. However, as a huge Monogatari fan, it's currently the only legal way to obtain the film, so alas I paid the crazy high price. That and seeing as I'm getting the other Monogatari sets (which are a fair bit cheaper, if still expensive), I'm already down that rabbit hole, so I kinda had to.

Last edited:
So glad i have enough willpower to not buy AoA, no matter how pretty they are and how much i want to watch and own kizu asap after reading the novel :(

If you're anything like me, one day you'll look at your anime collection and think "wow, i can't believe I've wasted so much money which could have been put towards my mortgage deposit"!

Honestly, I totally agree, the pricing is egregious and absurd. However, as a huge Monogatari fan, it's currently the only legal way to obtain the film, so alas I paid the crazy high price. That and seeing as I'm getting the other Monogatari sets (which are a fair bit cheaper, if still expensive) so I'm already down that rabbit hole.

Totally understandable.
Shame there was no legal VOD distributor for the film in english speaking countries, here in french speaking countries we got the film via Wakanim on DL with no DRM / streaming.
Anyway, I'm also getting all AoA set for the Monogatari serie, (still 4 sets to get) but as an big monogatari fan I simply cannot get annything else than the glorious Jp set for Kizu.

So glad i have enough willpower to not buy AoA, no matter how pretty they are and how much i want to watch and own kizu asap after reading the novel :(

Well I plan to go AoA for Blue Exorcist S2 if Manga gets it here in the UK, but in terms of Kizumonogatari hopefully MVM will give it a nicely priced release soon.

If you're anything like me, one day you'll look at your anime collection and think "wow, i can't believe I've wasted so much money which could have been put towards my mortgage deposit"!

Coming from someone who is also saving for a mortgage, that's a bit of a sad way to look at your collection. You can say that about anything in life. I've spent so much money on frivolous things but I wouldn't say any of it was a waste. Anime is something I take joy in watching and talking about when people let me, there is no way I would say it was ever a waste of money.

Yeah I'm not as far in my saving as I could have been if I hadn't brought any anime, games, alcohol, holidays etc but I'd rather have stuff in my life that I enjoy. Also at least I'll have an awesome anime collection to fill my house with once I get it. :)

Amen.

Yes after some fifteen years of collecting I could have bought/built a house with the money I've spent on games and Anime but I could also build a house out of DVD, CD and BD cases, it'd be recycling so good for the environment too :)

Well I plan to go AoA for Blue Exorcist S2 if Manga gets it here in the UK, but in terms of Kizumonogatari hopefully MVM will give it a nicely priced release soon.

I feel like I've missed the boat on that due to the first season going OOP. (Unless it gets reprinted as a standard edition, then i would just get the Manga release).

I feel like I've missed the boat on that due to the first season going OOP. (Unless it gets reprinted as a standard edition, then i would just get the Manga release).

I went with Madman for Blue Exorcist S1 since it atleast gets a nice box to store the volumes in. Blue Exorcist S2 will prob be my first AoA purchase.

I went with Madman for Blue Exorcist S1 since it atleast gets a nice box to store the volumes in. Blue Exorcist S2 will prob be my first AoA purchase.
I was lucky last year as someone was selling the AoA Blue Exorcist sets on the forum and they knew I wanted them, so managed to get them.

First batch of christmas sale imports + Valkyria arrived today.

DSC_0264_zpsjawl2x5z.jpg

I would have prefered to have the launch versions with cardboardbox + goodies but these versions were lot cheaper. If they hadn't been i would have skipped Devil Survivor 2 and Legend of Legacy. I do own the original version of DS2 but i never got around playing it so might as well eventually play the superior version. LOL hasn't been well recieved but i'm willing to give a shot. It was only like 18 euros.

Valkyria i have tried to complete twice and failed but maybe now with all the DLC and trophies i finally make it to the end. The box also looked cool enough to me to want to own it and the price was good.

Needed a new mouse so got this. I don't do much gaming on my laptop (except for Civ 4 & 5) but I like to have the extra buttons that you only get with a gaming mouse. The lights are cool too (and yes, I'm easily impressed).
Both Aldnoahs turned up as well. I'm a bit surprised to see four discs for a dozen episodes in each set, must be BD25s (or BD50s with a crazy high bitrate). That would explain the high price you normally see these at though.
WP_20170110_12_24_59_Pro_zps1vq7hgbq.jpg

If you're looking to be rid of that second copy of Seraph for a decent price, I'm certainly in the market for one.

Lemon will take a picture this evening as the second set has a small dent in the back.

Also checked the postage rates from Belgium to the UK and oh boy that's pretty expensive :eek:, cheapest option seems to be about 13€ (roughly £11,50). But i'll check what other options there are.

Lemon will take a picture this evening as the second set has a small dent in the back.

Also checked the postage rates from Belgium to the UK and oh boy that's pretty expensive :eek:, cheapest option seems to be about 13€ (roughly £11,50). But i'll check what other options there are.

Ah, I forgot you lived outside of the UK. Unless you're willing to part with it for an insultingly low price, I imagine there's little point in me buying it if the shipping is going to be so high. Still, if you do find a cheaper shipping option, let me know! :)

Depend on the price you wanted but I might be interested as well for your Seraph S2. ^^
And I'm from Belgium, so that's a plus.
But priority to Lemon since he was the first one for that deal.

Last edited:
Back