What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I'm curious how much do anime soundtracks usually cost?

It varies wildly as some can be multi-disc affairs or have extra content but off the top of my head 3000yen or thereabouts new is quite common. 1200yen or so is common for singles. The exchange rate makes this even worse. Large collections are not the norm in Japan.

R

It varies wildly as some can be multi-disc affairs or have extra content but off the top of my head 3000yen or thereabouts new is quite common. 1200yen or so is common for singles. The exchange rate makes this even worse. Large collections are not the norm in Japan.

R

I see. When I order RWBY sometime this month maybe I'll grab a CD or 2 while I'm bothering with the expensive shipping.

Worth looking at iTunes and other download sites though, as occasionally they get things and they aren't very well promoted.

Occasionally Funimation will get soundtrack rights to a title, and they will pass it off to a label called Milan Records. It might be worth checking them out if it's a mainstream Funi title you want.

Yeah I'm trying to cut down on physical CDs as I ran out of space and the exchange rate is awful. Thankfully 'importing' via iTunes is very easy :3

Most Japanese buyers sell their discs on as soon as they get tired of them so very few people ever sink the full RRP of an audio CD and keep it forever like we do here.

R

I see. When I order RWBY sometime this month maybe I'll grab a CD or 2 while I'm bothering with the expensive shipping.
Be aware that adding more stuff still hikes the shipping considerably if you're talking amazon.jp, not to mention the additional 20% you'll pay for a tax deposit if you're a UK resident.

Most Japanese buyers sell their discs on as soon as they get tired of them so very few people ever sink the full RRP of an audio CD and keep it forever like we do here.
That being said, it is worth scouring eBay UK every now and again for some bargains, for example; oh look it's the Eden of the East OST at a reasonable price with UK dispatch!

Just be SUPER wary of bootlegs, as eBay is plagued with them when it comes to CDs. Only shoot for auctions with clear pictures where you can see the (correct) distributor on the package. And even then it's probably worth a google.

My Rightstuf package finally arrived with a £20.92 customs fee. Now I own all of Nisekoi Season 1. Blog posts with more pics are viewable: Volume 3 and Volume 4.

C1Vt7ZZWgAE_JRF.jpg

C1WDyigXAAQS7Gh.jpg

I bought it from Amazon.co.jp, and no, I'm afraid to say this set doesn't have subtitles (you'd be better off watching it on CR anyway)

Thanks for the reply, I really hope Anime Limited pick the OVA's up once they have finished airing. They could do a really stunning set, the artwork is amazing.

My ATA shop Boxing Day order arrived, except for Yona part 2 which should be in the next week or two.
Miss Hokusai is immensely difficult to get at without destroying the slipcover in the process, basically because the wooden box has not been sufficiently sanded down and it's rough surface is creating lots of friction with the card. I have managed to get the wooden box out once but it left the slipcover crumpled at the top where I was pushing down on it. Please AL, no more wooden boxes in future. Lovely booklet with it btw, lots of interesting reading in there.
Vanadis is a nice little CE, as I would expect from AL. Though I was surprised to see it is slimmer than any other AL CE I have, even the movies.

DSCN0459_zps1o0efcmn.jpg

Back