What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Nice mystery boxes. If anyone wants to sell expelled from paradise then please pm me :)

Instead of getting sent Hal I got sent two copies of Expelled from Paradise so i'm looking to sell one of them.
Cz4eHR7XAAAdrFI.jpg:thumb

@Stiivun Yeah I checked their page but it's kind of hard to tell what the extras are exactly. I assume the booklets are in Korean but if you could confirm—or hopefully infirm—this whenever you're able to it would be appreciated.

Just took a look after recovering from the Weihnachtsfeiern last Friday in Germany for the company i work for :)

Actually the booklet just are some art cards bound together into a booklet, so other text in the booklet. Also the sets contain a sticker sheet in the case.

Just another two Ghibli as I was passing HMV again. I remember seeing some of Whisper of the Heart on film4 (I think?) and really enjoying it but I had to leave and didn't get to finish it so looking forward to actually watching it properly, whenever I get around to it anyway. From up on Poppy Hill I haven't seen at all, so that's another to look forward too.

DLMfJpbl.jpg

I was actually kinda hoping HMV would have Ergo Proxy on BD but they didn't, guess I'll just order online.

I think Whisper of the Heart is a masterpiece, but The Cat Returns can be avoided.

From Up on Poppy Hill takes...unexpected turns.

Well I've already bought The Cat Returns last week so I won't be giving it a miss :p I plan on getting them all to be fair as I wanna see them all at some point as I've seen a shockingly low amount of Ghibli. To be honest the only one I haven't really enjoyed thus far was Ponyo but even then that was some time ago and I may feel different now....unlikely right enough.

Whoops...*backs away slowly*

It's not really bad but it's just lackluster. Wouldn't watch it again either but Ghibli has far worse films like "Tales From Earth Sea".

Yeah, it's not a bad film - it's got some whimsical charm - it just never amounts to much and I actually found it a bit creepy at points :p

Tales from Earthsea has some pretty animation, but it is Ghibli's very very worst film. I'm not sure it even manages to sustain a dramatic structure.

I, too, like The Cat Returns. And Earthsea. And Poppy Hill.

In fact, I actually prefer them to Laputa and Mononoke.

(Uh-oh. W-Why is everyone staring?)

Do we have to put up photos? :p I got the Death Note Blu-ray box set today from amazon (Manga UK) guessing there'll be plenty of pics of it on here by the end of the day. It's a flimsy cardboard case & 6 disks. Can't complain for just shy of £25 though, at least not until I've watched them and seen any errors that might be present.

9h4OU2Z.jpg

I also received Catherine from cex online as it's now xbone compatible, it's always a risk buying from them but at the time it was £10 cheaper than the next one. The disk was scratched to hell and the case was broken with a reprinted cover, obviously something they could never sell in store. I rung paypal to inform them I'd be doing a direct debit indemnity as I'm not happy to let my money sit whilst a dispute is resolved. They were very helpful and just gave me a full refund and said they'd sort it for me so that took the edge off. I'll look again for a decent copy in the new year I guess.

Dammit Manga, when will you learn that no one likes flimsy boxes? Card/Chipboard or don't bother...
If you look at the Amazon 'official' description, and I quote:

Description
Product Description
On Blu-ray for the first time! Collected across 6 discs containing all 37 episodes of the hit anime series plus the bonus Death Note: Relight OVAs in an exclusive collectors edition rigid box packaging.

Obviously you aren't looking at the box closely enough :p

I throw flimsy sleeves like that in the bin as they make my collection look cheaper than not having them at all...

It would be forgiveable if they were at least pretty and logo-free. Though I think CPM in the US had the trashiest flimsy boxes ever, while Manganimatsu at least try. They still go in the bin.

R

Back