What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Sorry for the double post, but my Death Note also arrived, and as usual with the crappy card packaging it's damaged already....guess I shouldn't moan as it was only £25 but I'm gonna anyway....

23BHO66l.jpg

You totally should, bad packaging is bad packaging no matter how much you paid.

This. Honestly, I'm not so mad about the fact that they used flimsy material, more so the fact they blatantly lied about it on the Amazon listing. That's what we should be calling them out on, because that description was incredibly misleading.

LOL of course it was. I'm sure they totally didn't lie to push more sales on the 'collector' aspect :p. I'm not too sore because I wasn't going to buy it anyway (I only did because of amazon's super cheap price.)

Yeah I assumed as much as it's actually listed like that everywhere (or everywhere I've checked) and not just Amazon. I guess the Akira Collector's just raised my expectations but with Manga involved I should have left said expectations crawling around the basement floor....

The damage and creasing on mine is quite annoying so I'm tempted to do as Rui does and just bin the card bit tbh (especially when I tend to display those thin card sets with the amaray spines facing out anyway).

I just had to update with this line that I got on live chat which I found hilarious: "I will right away raise a complaint against the manufacturer and will make sure that such items are no longer sold or encouraged to be sold on Amazon website. " I wasn't being that harsh, I was just trying to inform them so they'd update the entry lol.

*Grabs pitchfork* Careful now, down with this sort of thing!

Last edited:
I'm actually glad I Cancelled my Death Note pre-order now, even though it was a bargain at £25, I thought i wouldnt watch it any time soon so I didn't need it. I'm not supporting such activities that unfortunately Manga are getting a reputation for.

I really don't think the Death note set is that bad, sure it was advertised incorrectly but its still pretty good value. A ridged box is always nice but I find it strange people would want to spend an extra £20-£30 importing for a nice box.

I like that when leaving a comment regarding the Death Note set on facebook (okay, a somewhat dickish/sarcastic one...) that rather than reply to me and explain the mistake, they opted to just ignore it and delete my comment lol bless em.

I also received Death Note today. I believe this is not the first time that their listings have been misleading/incorrect, If I remember rightly the picture they had listed on Amazon when they rereleased Attack on Titan on Blu-ray made it look like it came with a booklet but it didn't.

Back