What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Got ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶v̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ Marvel Avengers Assemble today from Sainsbury's

20120917_124101.jpg

Pity Disney UK have cocked up this release:

-No Audio Commentary
-No Music Video
-Featurettes missing
-Retailer exclusives
-And its cut

With PlanetAxel gone, the US blu-ray is double the cost elsewhere so it's not worth it to import at the moment. Bloody Disney.

Joshawott said:
Ath said:
-And its cut.
Wait wait wait wait...what?!
Yup,for some bizarre reason the part where Loki stabs Coulson has been censored to remove the spear sticking out.

Some European copies are affected while others are not (German version is snipped, Italian is not), but I've verified that my copy is definitely cut. I have no idea which territory it was actually supposed to be expurgated for, but Disney UK didn't care and just used the sanitised version for the UK. What's worse is that the BBFC certified the uncut version for cinema AND home video. Either the BBFC got lazy and copied and pasted the consumer advice from the film version, or Disney UK submitted the uncut version but used the edited version for the UK release. This makes the bowlderised version unclassified, which technically falls foul of the Video Recordings Act, oops :p

(Tried to use as many synonyms for the word "cut" as I could think of in that last paragraph :wink: )

Needless to say people aren't happy about this and are complaining to Disney a lot. I know it's a minor edit, but it's more down to the principle of the thing, we're clearly getting an inferior version in every way to the US release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ath said:
Joshawott said:
Ath said:
-And its cut.
Wait wait wait wait...what?!
Yup,for some bizarre reason the part where Loki stabs Coulson has been censored to remove the spear sticking out.

Some European copies are affected while others are not (German version is snipped, Italian is not), but I've verified that my copy is definitely cut. I have no idea which territory it was actually supposed to be expurgated for, but Disney UK didn't care and just used the sanitised version for the UK. What's worse is that the BBFC certified the uncut version for cinema AND home video. Either the BBFC got lazy and copied and pasted the consumer advice from the film version, or Disney UK submitted the uncut version but used the edited version for the UK release. This makes the bowlderised version unclassified, which technically falls foul of the Video Recordings Act, oops :p

(Tried to use as many synonyms for the word "cut" as I could think of in that last paragraph :wink: )

Needless to say people aren't happy about this and are complaining to Disney a lot. I know it's a minor edit, but it's more down to the principle of the thing, we're clearly getting an inferior version in every way to the US release.

It probably got cut to get the elusive '12' rating which will attract more parents into buying it for their children. It's all about money making profit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alas, in this case it's incompetence/negligence/apathy from Disney UK :p The uncut version is a 12 on both film and video! Nobody can figure out why they did it, it must have been to get a lower rating in some European country...but it certainly wasn't the UK.

Just checked Amazon.it - the Italian version has the English audio. Unfortunately though, the Italian boxset with all the current cinematic universe films (which I was thinking of getting) isn't out until November there (I already own Iron Man and Iron Man 2 on BD, but the boxset is so much cheaper than buying the others individually). However, the Italian version has the same extras as our release.

^ That black BD case.

How classy is that? Just look at the ****** blue ones now. Also more evidence everybody hates Britain. Not that I care because I have a region A capable player anyway, but was isolating us in Europe's BD region and then releasing stuff with no English revenge for the days of Empire or what?

images

Congrats - You have now reached a new "Angle" in your life, obtaining 3 different types of gold at once. :D

I however gained more DMG today - She delivers "Sexy Damage" to your life-points instantly.
images

HigurashiandResi.jpg

Large volume ahoy! But this now means...

Higurashistack.jpg

My Higurashi stack has to now become two.

Ath said:
Got my Wii RPG Coin Collection today. It really is a thing of beauty!

Certainly seems to be. Mine should be arriving soon, too 8)

Ath said:
Got my Wii RPG Coin Collection today. It really is a thing of beauty!

Certainly seems to be. Mine should be arriving soon, too 8)[/quote]

I got mine today as well, they are indeed beautiful well worth the wait for them

Back