What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

ayase wrote:
And looking at Golgotha's purchases makes me long for a decent income again...

I'm on a slave wage (apprentiship) so know the feeling! But I was lucky with these, got them pretty cheap in the sales and off eBay.

Zin5ki said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Shame, because it looks great and is far more affordable than the Japanese release--which, of course, DID have English subs. Palm, meet face.
I expect that certain hands remained inevitably bound when it came to subtitle languages.
You may well be correct. Aniplex will, after all, be releasing Garden of Sinners in the US next month for $150. ON DVD. And with no soundtrack CDs.

The Kaze Blu-ray set is €93 ($120) on Amazon France. Could be that they don't want Americans importing a better, cheaper edition.

Sainsbury's are now at 3-for-3 for delivering on or before release day:

20121029_114044.jpg

Will definitely be using them more often!

Got these today :D sorry if the quality isn't the best, it's from my phone and I couldn't be bothered getting my proper camera out :p

Surprised no-one has posted the Madoka BD's reversible sleeve yet. BBFC free!

IMG_3541.jpg

(is that the wrong way up for everyone or just me? Photobucket keeps doing this to me even when I've modified an image and cleared my cache)

Bloody Photobucket, I don't know what it's playing at. Image is the right way up in the album and I've stopped it from auto-rotating.

Nnnnooo. No it doesn't correct the typo. Thanks so much for drawing my attention to that Rui. :p

ayase said:
Surprised no-one has posted the Madoka BD's reversible sleeve yet. BBFC free!
I probably would have if my copy wasn't still in Royal Mail limbo. That'll learn me for being a tightarse and going with Amazon's SuperSaver delivery option.

If only the covers of all UK releases had a BBFC-free alternate. Manga usually have something on the reverse of the insert but I don't remember them going to the effort of printing a proper reversible cover before. But I'm gonna be looking for that typo now, and once I see it I will not be able to unsee it. I, too, would like to extend my gratitude to Rui for conveying this information.

EDIT: But why in blazes did they leave the "3 disc set" thing on there? Oh, the humanity.

fabricatedlunatic said:
That'll learn me for being a tightarse and going with Amazon's SuperSaver delivery option.

If only the covers of all UK releases had a BBFC-free alternate. Manga usually have something on the reverse of the insert but I don't remember them going to the effort of printing a proper reversible cover before.
Not to rub it in, but as a matter of fact I'm also a SuperSaver delivery tightarse (paying for postage is so last decade).

Summer Wars is the only other reversible cover I can recall Manga putting out - Arguably the Eva 2.22 Special Edition could count, if you like really simple covers (and/or Mari).

While any packaging > bricks, I have to say that I much prefer those smaller ones that Manga use. The phatter bricks, like the MVM Ah! My Goddess set, remind me too much of VHS cases.

/shudder

fabricatedlunatic said:
While any packaging > bricks, I have to say that I much prefer those smaller ones that Manga use. The phatter bricks, like the MVM Ah! My Goddess set, remind me too much of VHS cases.

/shudder
I purchased Supernatural season 1 the other day and it had all six discs in a single, regular sized amaray (2 on the inside of each cover and 2 on a flappy wing thing). Dunno why MangaUK/MVM can't just do that.

Back