What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I don't care about logos on boxes, just thought I'd get my 2 cents in before people start whining about the logos.

Only got the hanabee release as I was impatient plus it worked out cheaper.

got Girlfriend Beta dvd today
IMG_20160823_141332_zpsazcinfb5.jpg

and also pic of my Chloe collection just because lol
IMG_20160823_182350_zps739djrzn.jpg

My new keyboard arrived. I ended up buying this as I tested one out at my mates and really liked it, it has black switches which is new for me as I'm used to reds but I really like these a lot (although my mate must have dampeners on his as mine is much louder). So yeah, £45 for a mechanical keyboard is really cheap but I'm really happy with this for the price, my only issue is the left shift key is short rather than long as it's shown on the box (guess that's the US model, but I never really thought about it).
RKn3rvol.jpg

I had a bit of trouble when I set it up as the mic on my headset wasn't working, I thought it was an issue with one of the usb passthroughs on the keyboard but plugging it directly into the PC didn't help, so after much fiddling around (including unwrapping the mouse cable I just wrapped) I discovered that I had muted it with a switch on the usb soundcard.....not my proudest moment lol I dunno how I managed that as I didn't even know there was a mute switch there.

Anyhoo, this is quite the rambling for a keyboard....it is so nice to be back on a mechanical one though so typing feels great, many a ramble to come lol.

Oh damn those Jojo sets are nice o_O kinda want.

Fate/stay Night UBW Part 2 -
You know it's just hit me that I've spent over £100 on this show and I don't even like it all that much lol I can't really see me ever re-watching all of UBW tbh but oh well, I have it now and truth is I'll probably not re-watch most of what I buy lol.
efludsMl.jpg

Now, onto my complaints as ya'll know I gotta moan about something.... For starters, why are box 1 and box 2 different shades of white? It looks weird. As I've mentioned before the logo on the top of the box isn't lined up properly (like the red and silver bits are misaligned) and finally, is it just me or is everything on box 2's spine a bit further up?

ziOGCBOl.jpg

Honestly at over £100 for the show I'd have appreciated it if MVM could have done a little QC, guess that's too much to ask from them though. It's just gonna annoy me even more when I replace Fate/Zero with the AoA sets, but I don't like UBW anywhere near enough to buy the AoA sets for it.

I think what annoys me most is I bloody knew this would happen, so damn incompetent.

Last edited:
I miss the days when I was the most critical person of packaging on the forums, you young 'uns have got me completely beat now. We would have killed for 3mm spine misalignments in my day...

Are you sure Vol. 1 hasn't just yellowed with age? White does that pretty quickly.

You could be onto something regarding the yellowing with age thing tbh, it would make sense. I was just a bit surprised/annoyed by the differences when I first put them next to one another but I'm past caring at this point, perhaps I should always wait half an hour before posting as truth be told I'm usually always over it by then lol.

I bought some stuff which doesn't happen as much as it used too!

Some new Manga: Finally have Air Gear Volume 19, have needed Volumes 19-21 for a good few years but setbacks have happened in getting ahold of those volumes, once I get the other two I will then just need the most recent couple of volumes to be completely up to date (got it to qualify for free shipping for my Mum's Birthday present on Amazon). Got the rest today shopping in Liverpool. Glad to have hit the End of Evangelion, struggled to get anything that I needed to fill out the 3 for 2, so I just went in and bought a couple of volumes to try. Elsewehere, I got caught up to Bleach again!

Another shocker is that I picked up my first Anime New Release since Hidamari Sketch. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with my favourite Yosakoi Maidens! Also bought a Beatles shirt, will probably wear it for the first time for the screening of Eight Days a Week on September 15th!

Went to town and I returned with a couple more items.

hFoFg5M.jpg

EXdUuAb.jpg

For anime I went ahead and bought Universal's Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign- Season One Part One Collector's Edition Blu-ray set from HMV Peterborough for £39.99. The prices were going up online so I figured I'll get the set in-store since it was a reasonable price. The set is really nice and the spine is correct. For the price and contents, this is worth way more than the Funimation sets ($84.98/£65 for a barebones limited edition).

Blog post | Imgur album

Additional notes:
The Universal version uses the Japanese credits when you compare it to the Funimation release. Plus the subtitles are white and larger than the norm. The menus are weird, but there's nothing that can be fixed for that since it's the norm with Universal sets. The Music Clips are in fact the textless opening and closing songs but the opening and closing songs are not subtitled in the main episodes. All of the on-disc content from Funimation's releases are included in the Universal sets with the exception of the English Dub Commentaries. The region is B only and the subtitles are unlockable.

l48bFDJ.jpg

8ucChxA.jpg

For games I noticed GAME had some good deals so I also picked up two PlayStation 4 games; Dragon Quest Heroes for £12.99 and Senran Kagura Estival Versus for £14.99.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Blog post | Imgur album

CrCcwC2WYAAWHee.jpg

Grav's note:
Blog-wise I have the August Otaku Collection Update planned for the 1st September, and I have the 5th Complete Otaku Collection post planned very soon but only when Terror in Resonance arrives.

Back