What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

My latest haul imported straight from Japan arrived earlier today!

I also got myself a nice Rei figure from 3.0+1.0. Nothing special but I've been far overdue having a Rei figure and I love this one for the price I got it for!

View attachment 29598

Nice figure that Rei figure has, weebsplat! She was always my favorite Eva girl until the rebuild movies, but now with the movies, Mari is definitely my waifu - gotta love those crazy girls with glasses, lol!

2023 HAUL VER 6.7
(note: the forum (& all of the sites that use this structure) broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

IMG_20230622_123140.jpg

FzOZTtsWwAAz52G

FzOZTtvWcAEA1AM

FzOZWkgWYAEe-dm

FzOZWl5WIAA0DMs

Bitmap Books released their third box art collection book this month and it's dedicated to the PC Engine. Their previous two were for Game Boy and Super Famicom but this console has more interesting games to showcase so I went with this one. It's a nice collection that includes Advanced Variable Geo, City Hunter, Far East of Eden II, Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, Record of Lodoss War, Shin Megami Tensei, Snatcher, Ys I & II and many more.

IMG_20230622_132600.jpg

Final Fantasy XVI arrived today. I wasn't too sure about the direction of the franchise, but the demo that covered the prologue of the game did help. Framerate is a mess in places but looking forward to this Game of Thrones meets Attack on Titan type adventure for the Final Fantasy universe.

Has a pretty cool promo booklet as well.
FzOyJx0aMAI8-f3

FzOyJxpaMAE7duH

FzOyJyMaEAEMeny

FzOyJy2aYAEzTHT

IMG_20230622_133634.jpg

The House of the Lost on the Cape arrived today from Anime Limited. This is their collector's edition Blu-ray package (not a combo pack which is what it was advertised as). You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

IMG_20230622_171040.jpg
I did a double-take when I saw that PEGI 18 rating. I know the developers were told to use Game of Thrones for inspiration, but I wasn't expecting anything that would push it that dark in a mainline FF.

I'm not quite the FF fanatic I used to be, thanks to two decades of questionable choices from Squenix, but I'm curious to see how this turns out. If it manages to channel the likes of Final Fantasy Tactics or Vagrant Story, it could be something special. If not... well, we'll see.

The House of the Lost on the Cape arrived today from Anime Limited. This is their collector's edition Blu-ray package (not a combo pack which is what it was advertised as).

Anime Limited are really getting scarce again on digipak releases. So sick of these dang ugly Blu-ray cases in their Collector's Edition sets. They need to use those full-coversheet Criterion-type cases if they have to do plastic cases. Or at least use black or clear Blu-ray cases. ANYTHING to get rid of that unsightly blue banner or plastic at the top. This is the main reason I love digipaks so much. Ugh... 🤮

Last edited:
I received these four Blu-ray titles from Rightstuf over the past week, but I was not able to post a photo until now because of everything that has been going on with my automobile accident and purchasing a replacement car:

Kaguya-sama: Love is War? Season 2 Aniplex of America (received 6/20)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Ultraromantic Aniplex of America (received 6/15)
Iria Zeiram the Animation Discotek (received 6/15)
Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scortching Sun Sentai (received 6/17)

kaguya23iriamia.jpg

Received today from HMV

20230623_103502.jpg

Disapointed in HMV's packaging for this one. The box was twice the size of this and there was no wrapping to protect the blu-rays. The only damage though is a small dent in the corner of box but it is negligible and you wouldn't notice unless specifically looking for it. So yeah glad it survived.

Not pictured but I also got the new Arrow release for The Lighthouse (which had much better packaging lol).

2023 HAUL VER 6.8
(note: the forum (& all of the sites that use this structure) broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

My Discotek Media Blu-ray haul arrived today from Rightstuf thanks to their weekly special, though I should have just ordered them sooner given the pricing was the same, but at the end of the day I now have more coupon codes to make use of.

For this batch I focused on catching up with the Lupin III releases as well as getting those pricier releases out of the way, so that future hauls will allow more room to get other titles. Especially because if you leave those pricier sets for later, when the doom and gloom appears the horde will eat up the stock in a matter of minutes so you're better off just ordering them now to save yourself the hassle because the prices will go up or you may never find a copy ever again.

FzTzOUlXoAILgkQ

Anywho, here's the latest Lupin the Third pickups. These three were released on Blu-ray in 2020.

Lupin the Third: Dragon of Doom [1994 - TMS Ent. - 2020]
The 6th TV special in the franchise which also made a cameo appearance in Creed III. This special was also one of the ones that was distributed by Funimation and got an English dub.

Lupin the Third: Goodbye Partner [2019 - TMS Ent. - 2020]
The 26th TV special and almost the latest one released in the franchise (one more was released in Japan later that year).

Lupin the Third: The Last Job [2010 - TMS Ent. - 2020]
The 21st TV special and one of the newer ones in the franchise.

FzT4eo9WYAEdxVW

Now here's a coincidence. Each of these series are not only pretty expensive and have tons of episodes, they were all animated by studio Pierrot!

Hanasakeru Seishōnen [2009 - Pierrot - 2020]
A reverse harem shojo series! This aired in 2009 and lasted 39 episodes with half directed by Chiaki Kon (Higurashi: When They Cry) and the other by Hajime Kamegaki (Fushigi Yuugi). Also noteworthy is writer Mamiko Ikeda (Emma: A Victorian Romance). This one works on Region B players via top-menu.

Kimagure Orange Road [1987 - Pierrot - 2019]
Yes finally we have the romcom anime classic Kimagure Orange Road - and this covers the TV series, with all 48 episodes on Blu-ray. Staff credits include director Osamu Kobayashi, writer Kenji Terada (Final Fantasy I-III) & music by Shirō Sagisu (Evangelion).

The Twelve Kingdoms [2002 - Pierrot - 2019]
A classic isekai which aired back in 2002 and on Blu-ray with all 45 episodes together in one collection. Tsuneo Kobayashi (Emma: A Victorian Romance) directed the series, and it's considered one of the best isekai stories out there so I'm hyped. Discs 1 & 5 (Eps 1-9 & 37-45) works on Region B players via top-menu.

FzT4eo0WcAEsZaK

Next we have two sci-fi themed shows!

Battle Athletes [1997 - AIC - 2020]
Finally I decided to get the Battle Athletes collection, which was presented in SD Blu-ray. This includes both Kazuhiro Ozawa's OVA series as well as Katsuhito Akiyama's TV series, both released in 1997-98 and animated by studio AIC. I held off on this series due to comments about the video quality but I decided to own it either way. This one works on Region B players via top-menu.

Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! [2009 - Bee Media, Code - 2018]
It's been a while since I last bought a Go Nagai series and given that I enjoyed what was shown of this series over on Super Robot Wars V it was now time to get Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! This aired in 2009 and was animated by studios Bee Media & Code with director Yasuhiro Imagawa. From what I've read this is a 'retelling' of the original story. Disc 2 (Eps 14-26) works on Region B players via top-menu.

FzT5WlvXsAAGccq

Based on my notes, that's now a total of 89 Discotek Media titles so far. Next haul may come sooner than the bi-monthly setup so stay tuned.

Last edited:
2023 HAUL VER 6.8
My Discotek Media Blu-ray haul arrived today from Rightstuf thanks to their weekly special, though I should have just ordered them sooner given the pricing was the same, but at the end of the day I now have more coupon codes to make use of.

FzT4eo9WYAEdxVW

Now here's a coincidence. Each of these series are not only pretty expensive and have tons of episodes, they were all animated by studio Pierrot!

Hanasakeru Seishōnen [2009 - Pierrot - 2020]
A reverse harem shojo series! This aired in 2009 and lasted 39 episodes with half directed by Chiaki Kon (Higurashi: When They Cry) and the other by Hajime Kamegaki (Fushigi Yuugi). Also noteworthy is writer Mamiko Ikeda (Emma: A Victorian Romance). This one works on Region B players via top-menu.

Kimagure Orange Road [1987 - Pierrot - 2019]
Yes finally we have the romcom anime classic Kimagure Orange Road - and this covers the TV series, with all 48 episodes on Blu-ray. Staff credits include director Osamu Kobayashi, writer Kenji Terada (Final Fantasy I-III) & music by Shirō Sagisu (Evangelion).

The Twelve Kingdoms [2002 - Pierrot - 2019]
A classic isekai which aired back in 2002 and on Blu-ray with all 45 episodes together in one collection. Tsuneo Kobayashi (Emma: A Victorian Romance) directed the series, and it's considered one of the best isekai stories out there so I'm hyped. Discs 1 & 5 (Eps 1-9 & 37-45) works on Region B players via top-menu.

I can't say enough about how Hanasakeru Seishōnen is such an awesome series! The reverse harem aspect is actually a very minor part of the story, it is more about international Corporate and Royal power struggles and greed and gets very complex and deeply involved. I'm glad to see more anime fans check that one out. It is now my #2 GOAT anime after Violet Evergarden, and over my #3 Ancient Magus' Bride. And Twelve Kingdoms is right up near the top too, another awesome series, even with it not being complete. I'm primarily a drama anime fan, so those two titles are right up my alley. I'm not much into romcoms or comedy, so KOR probably won't be for me - but I did still buy the Discotek Blu-rays for that series as well when it first released.

Are you planning to get the second set for KOR as well, @NormanicGrav? The release you got is the full series, but there is a second release with the OVAs and Movie. The sets are labeled 1 and 2:

Kimagure Orange Road Set 2

Last edited:
Edit: Imgur is still being stupid, so I'm going to have to find a way of getting any image off my phone instead of using that crappy site.
Yeah it's getting annoying, from what I read it seems to be a compatibility issue with XenForo (the platform that this forum uses). Currently I'm making use of either uploading the images on Discord or Twitter to make it appear on this forum. Everywhere else like Blu-ray forum uses Imgur perfectly fine.

Back