What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

A lot of new arrivals!

Full-Metal-Chivalry-In-Space.jpg

The-Risingofthe-Violet-Overlord-Exorcist.jpg

Spy-Family-Senpai-Ao-TFate.jpg

Persona4-LE.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 6.4
(note: the forum (basically all of the sites that use this forum structure) broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

Two packages today, one of which is a continuation to my previous gaming haul and another is part of a bundle that shipped early.

IMG_20230612_174307.jpg

The third and last one from my PlayStation 3 mini-haul has arrived. I do plan to look into more but that's to be determined for the time being. Here we have John Woo Presents Stranglehold and it's been available for ages but the conditions of those copies were generally pretty bad so I paid a bit more for a better one and it looks very like new which is great. The version many collector's would go for is actually the US collector's edition release as that one includes Hard Boiled on the disc but that's super rare anyway.

IMG_20230612_174842.jpg

IMG_20230612_175712.jpg

Two Eureka Entertainment Blu-rays arrived today which were part of a June pre-order bundle, with the third one arriving later this month. The titles are Tadashi Imai's Revenge (仇討) and Kinji Fukasaku's Samurai Reincarnation (魔界転生), both are part of Eureka's Masters of Cinema range and they are also in their first print editions which includes a slipcase (booklets stick around for these MoC titles).

After surviving from early May when I bought Arifureta S2 (apart from a few manga), I've finally cracked. Had to walk all the way down Princes Street from HMV to Fopp to get it.

Hopefully, I can now make it to the end of the month to see what the Rightstuf birthday sale might bring.

Attachments

• 16869138106436750911415113641556.jpg
    16869138106436750911415113641556.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 8
2023 HAUL VER 6.5
(note: the forum (& all of the sites that use this structure) broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

IMG_20230615_175031.jpg

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line arrived last Thursday and marks the 200th physical game for my PlayStation 4 collection. The latest game in the music rhythm series from Square Enix released last February and its going up in value or harder to find for this format, so I wanted to own it sooner than later. I played the demo that was released and it convinced me that the PS4 version was a good one to own for the game considering its mainly released on Nintendo platforms (with the previous ones released on the 3DS).

Deluxe 4K JP release of One Piece - Red, cost ¥13400 yen to import. It’s not even the most expensive (single movie) that I own, lol. Side note, why the f did it have to be so wide?!

Front, notice OP is so wide and closer to the camera that Kobayashi is out of focus, lol:
View attachment 29569

Spine, with Kobayashi for comparison:
View attachment 29570
Very nice set! Do these Japanese sets usually include English subtitles? Assume they don't have the English dubbed.

Very nice set! Do these Japanese sets usually include English subtitles? Assume they don't have the English dubbed.
It's annoyingly rare for Japanese DVD/BD releases to have English subtitles. It made sense before the streaming era, but the rise of simulcasting has made it a headscratcher that they're still not included as a matter of course. My best guess is that the publishers don't want to make shows less appealing for western distributors to licence for home release by eating into their sales.

CD Japan generally shows whether or not Japanese DVDs/BDs have subtitles in the product descriptions.

Most don't. If you're a Love Live fan, with the exception of Nijiyon (which I still don't get why they didn't include them), has always strived to have English subs included. Most of the time, it is typically movies that include English subs.

The upcoming release of Suzume will have English subs, as one of the notable preorders scheduled to release this year, including the three Fate/Grand Order box sets.

Off the top of my head, notable JP releases that do have English dub includes:

Baccano
Durarara
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
RahXephon
Soul Eater
Gurren Lagann
Full Metal Panic series (dub only)

Back