What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero arrived today and this is quite the unique set, being a box you open instead of sliding the contents in and out of the side like usual. Also for the spine, it was reverse in the images so I knew that going in but there was part of me hoping it wouldn't be like that on the final release but it still is as shown in the images below, not the end of the world but a pet peeve of mine. I'll likely pick up the steelbook soon as well as the 4K when it releases.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Limited Collector's Edition) (BD / DVD)

20230608_132126.jpg

20230608_132138.jpg

20230608_132216.jpg

20230608_132340.jpg

20230608_132411.jpg

20230608_132459.jpg

20230608_133527.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 6.2
(note: the forum broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

This past few days I've been placing some orders and most of them are for the video game collection. I want to wrap up my PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 collections as soon as possible so that I can focus more on the current platforms, and therefore I checked eBay for any specific games I'm after that are in good value.

Two games arrived this week; one last Tuesday and another today (I got the day off work for context).

IMG_20230608_132841.jpg

The first to arrive and one that I was actually looking for in CeX during my York trip was Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition for PlayStation 3. Now the game itself is readily available and still cheap to purchase, but this version is the one you would want to get if you're interested in owning this instalment. The reason why is because GT5 is a very large game and there's a ton of updates and patches during its lifespan and so this re-release includes all of the patches up to 2.08 (there's an XL version but that goes up to patch 2.0) and there's some DLC included though mostly via download codes.

The second to arrive is a HD remaster that I've been aware of but never bothered to pick it up until just recently and that's WipEout Omega Collection for PlayStation 4. This collection includes 4K/HD remasters for the PS3 game WipEout HD and its expansion WipEout HD Fury (both of which includes content from the PSP game WipEout Pulse), and the Vita game WipEout 2048. This is one of those remasters done correctly as you'll be able to play the game in 4K resolution with 60 frames per second and the later updates also included PlayStation VR support if you own one of those headsets.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero arrived today and this is quite the unique set, being a box you open instead of sliding the contents in and out of the side like usual. Also for the spine, it was reverse in the images so I knew that going in but there was part of me hoping it wouldn't be like that on the final release but it still is as shown in the images below, not the end of the world but a pet peeve of mine. I'll likely pick up the steelbook soon as well as the 4K when it releases.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Limited Collector's Edition) (BD / DVD)

View attachment 29473

Got mine today as well... is it me or is the box too big for its contents? You can fit another blu ray case inside.

Awesome find! Just so you know it's actually the British Heart Foundation (unless they've changed their name but that's what I've always known that charity as). Have you seen Wedding Peach before? :)
I haven't seen Wedding Peach yet, but I heard good to great things about it from the 90s retro anime community.
It's a blind buy for me.

They do some nice bundles as well some rare finds.
Right now NGE Region 1 Platinum Edition is up for bid.

My local comic book store stocked up on some more My Dress Up Darling! Funnily I went with a big list of of western comics to buy and they barely had anything but plenty and plenty of manga. It's crazy like years ago it felt like they had several shelves of just Batman comics now he has just one small corner!

I'm trying not to buy manga comics etc from Amazon anymore just wanna support comic book stores, other book shops etc even if it means spending a couple quid more

PhotoGrid_1686324564551.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 6.3
(note: the forum broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

My_Senpai_is_Annoying_2.gif

Two packages today, one of which is a continuation to my previous gaming haul and another is an import.

IMG_20230609_181915.jpg

Another PlayStation 3 game arrived today! I've been meaning to pick up Bleach: Soul Resurrección (Soul Ignition in Japan) for a while now and I finally got it and for a good price. This is an oddity in the anime video game scene because it was developed between Sony's Japan Studio (Shadow of the Colossus) and Racjin (Snowboard Kids), so in Japan Sony published the game but over in the west it was handled by NIS America. Now the game did see a release in Europe but I found the North American version for a good value (plus North American physical releases tend to have the better spine design). In case folks are curious, there is English and Japanese audio.

IMG_20230609_180047.jpg

The Rightstuf package has arrived and here we have one limited edition and three regular Blu-rays. The original plan was to hold out until the big Summer sale but then Rightstuf decided to host a Crunchyroll sale and I picked a few of their Essentials to make up for the shipping cost.

Starting off the package is My Senpai is Annoying [Region AB] limited edition Blu-ray from Crunchyroll. This is their latest LE release and its a nice little package with some neat lanyards and a booklet with a fair bit of content. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

IMG_20230609_181425.jpg

And as mentioned, I bought three Funimation Essentials Blu-ray releases.

Anime-Gataris [Region AB] which is a series I've been aware of but I only paid attention to it when I noticed it was listed under Last Chance status on Rightstuf so after looking up the synopsis I decided it's the sort of series I would be interested in owning.

Buddy Complex [Region A] is our subtitled only Sunrise mecha series and I want to expand my sci-fi mecha library so this was a no-brainer to look into.

Zillion [Region A] is a classic 1987 series from Tatsunoko Productions and some may be familiar with the SEGA video game of the same name which is based on the anime. I figured that it's a niche old gem that it probably wouldn't stick around for long so I got it.

Funnily I went with a big list of of western comics to buy and they barely had anything but plenty and plenty of manga.
I have the same problem with my local comic shops/bookstores too - or they have what I want, but they're just in really bad condition.

I buy from these now: ReedComics | eBay Stores

Good prices, free P&P, everything always arrives in great condition and you save 10% on orders of three or more books. They have an actual website with slightly lower prices - but the website charges for shipping and doesn't have the 10% off deal, so eBay actually works out cheaper.

It's not an actual shop, but I think it's definitely preferable to Amazon!

Back