What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

So it turns out I managed to get UK versions for both mk2 and Victory, rather pleased about that actually.

CAYmuVnWQAEsE7d.jpg:large

Id liked to have owned them on ps3 but never even knew they existed before my ps3 died. I'm happy they've been ported and improved for the vita. Seems like a great series.

Victory/Rebirth 3 won't be out until Summer (so August at the latest) but Rebirth 1 and 2 (ports/remakes of the first 2) as well as Hyperdevotion Noire are already out and the action/musou type spin off Neptunia U will be out in May.

britguy said:
Id liked to have owned them on ps3 but never even knew they existed before my ps3 died. I'm happy they've been ported and improved for the vita. Seems like a great series.

Blimey someone who owns the Vita, you're rarer than hens teeth in the UK.

What's it like as a system?

I love the vita tbh. Loads of niche/anime style games and amazing psn and indie offerings. I have a list of 130 titles I want (retail and digital) own about 30 of them so far.

Technically its a marvel. The OLED screen on the original vita make games really pop.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum here. I've owned a Vita since launch and the only games I've extensively played on it are the Japanese and US versions of Persona 4 Golden as well as Project Diva f.
Everything else that I've played (albeit not really all that much) has been disappointing or otherwise gotten dull really quickly. If you love the weird Japanese games that are keeping the system afloat e.g. Senran Kagura/HypNep then it's probably pretty great, but those aren't for me.

I'd wouldn't mind using it as a sort of PS1 emulation machine but Sony are stupid enough to only offer inferior 50hz conversions of games. There's really no excuse in this day and age. Even Nintendo, the famously backwards thinking company realised this with Wii U's VC.
It's not like I can switch to my US account on the fly to download and play proper versions from there either. The removal of a user friendly account system and the whole Memory Card cock up really put me off the vita at first and I still don't accept it.

Persona didn't click with me. I'm not a fan tbh.

Neptunia Rebirth, Citizens of Earth and Demon Gaze are my most played games recently but grim fandango, hotline miami and broken sword have all been finished on it too of late.

there isn't much out there in terms of Western third party support but if you like indie titles in your hand or niche Japanese stuff then it's great :)

Another Vita fan here. I had a Vita TV for a while and finally got an actual Vita proper a few months ago (not everything works on the Vita TV). I've really enjoyed the Danganronpa series and there are plenty more games out there I still need to pick up. It's also second to none when it comes to Japanese-only otome games. If you like those, you pretty much need a Vita.

I have no interest in anything Nintendo makes as long as they champion region locking so the Vita has all of my attention on the mobile gaming side. It's a very slick piece of kit.

R (whoa, britguy, you are the first person I have seen other than myself who openly admits to not being into Persona)

Rui said:
(whoa, britguy, you are the first person I have seen other than myself who openly admits to not being into Persona)
I wonder how many of the people that are into Persona have only played Persona 4. I've only fully played - and fell in love with P4, but whilst I liked the characters and story of Persona 3 I just can't get myself to play it. Persona Q fell into the same basket there too - loved the character interaction but everything else is bleugh. Barely played it as a result. It's a very hit and miss series where the fanbase seems to be divided further with each installment. I think we can all agree that each game has a godly OST though.

I adore my Vita <3 I really like the suspend and resume feature it has, makes it so easy to have a break when you need food ^^
Plus it has a lot of my favourite type of games, RPGs. Still got to complete quite a few of my games, both physical and digital lol

Mangaranga said:
Rui said:
(whoa, britguy, you are the first person I have seen other than myself who openly admits to not being into Persona)
I wonder how many of the people that are into Persona have only played Persona 4. I've only fully played - and fell in love with P4, but whilst I liked the characters and story of Persona 3 I just can't get myself to play it. Persona Q fell into the same basket there too - loved the character interaction but everything else is bleugh. Barely played it as a result. It's a very hit and miss series where the fanbase seems to be divided further with each installment. I think we can all agree that each game has a godly OST though.

I'm into Persona and have also started with 4 Golden but I did recently get Persona 3 FES and SMT: Digital Devil Saga to spice things up a bit.

And since people are mentioning the Vita I'll admit I haven't played it much lately but that was because I left my charger at home and forgot to bring it to Uni. Only games I managed to finish (story-wise) were Danganronpa and Persona 4 Golden. I'm still progressing through Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Dekamori Senran Kagura with Danganronpa 2 and Gravity Rush to follow suit.

The only thing that slightly annoys me about the Vita is the number of games that come out as digital only, as opposed to box copies (Sword Art Online, Fate/Extra, the Atelier ports etc.) - my memory card isn't infinite!

Yeah, the regioning issue Mangaranga mentioned makes that more of a pain too. I have my Japanese PSN account attached to both devices since for a long time that was the only way you could actually use a Vita TV, and as a a result I cannot ever buy the multitude of digital-only UK/US titles to support them because I can't be bothered with swapping everything around. So I pretty much only play Japanese games at the moment (which is silly as they tend to receive guaranteed physical releases but it's too late to rearrange everything now).

R

Digital only releases are a massive pet hate of mine on vita.
Sony Europe loves to overprice digital items and blame publishers. Memory cards are expensive and 32gb fills fast. Also Sony are unreliable. They're shutting down sony mobile so you won't be able to redownload purchased games and they did the same with GT5 content.

My biggest regret is investing in sony Europe. I have too much invested from before I got my vita to justify changing regions but anyone who gets one should get a US account instead of EU. There's a lot more games available that sony EU haven't bothered to try & get released (xenogears, star oceans etc) always falling back on blaming the publishers.

britguy said:
Yeah Digital only titles are disappointing, especially as i'm trying to build a physical collection. Here the list of games i'm interested in/bought, 130 titles with dozens more to be added as it hasn't been updated in a while.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Regarding Danganronpa, I suggest you get them immediately especially if you are attending a convention soon. Back in MCM October, I went to the NIS panel regarding the retail copies of Danganronpa and apparently due to the high demand for the sequel many went up and bought the first and now the first is pretty much close to sold out (this is in terms of the UK copy, there may be US copies still available). Besides Danganronpa is amazing and well worth the purchase if you are keen on it.

If it helps the following titles are also getting a physical release for Vita later this year are; Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (US confirmed with UK version should appear at some point), Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (US only, no DLC Trophies), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V-Generation (US confirmed with UK version should appear at some point), J-Stars Victory Vs.+, Lost Dimension (US confirmed with UK version should appear at some point), Toukiden: Kiwami and Xblaze Lost: Memories (US only, no DLC Trophies - Xblaze Code: Embryo also got a retail Vita release but only for US, can't get it through Amazon though (also no DLC Trophies).

Stiivun said:
Less text, more pictures :twisted: :D

Received today from UP1

Oh nice, I still haven't picked up the second half of Robotics;Notes but I did enjoy the first half or so (I'm aware it gets worse though).

Back