What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Flippin hell this was stressful as heck. So I finally received the third Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set of Sword Art Online Season 1. What a situation this was.

The set sold out on Rightstuf so I went to Robert's Anime Corner Store to see if I could get it there. They told me it just sold out on their side and Aniplex was 'undecided' on a reprint (given Aincrad got one). So I went to eBay and found one at a reasonable price even though it's slightly higher than the MSRP price but that would do (the seller was AnimeShumi). A week later USPS tells me the item was sent to the destination and I couldn't find it. I got worried. A day later (aka this morning) I spoke to the Mailman and he said it probably got sent to Royal Mail or ParcelForce as the item's arrival time was impossible (7:45am), he was also convinced the time was in US mode. A moment later I checked the mailbox and it turned out to be a custom sliver card for me. I was relieved but what caught my eye the most was the custom charge, the seller reduced the value of the item and made it a gift, effectively reducing the charges and only making me pay £15.15 at the post office (in case you're wondering, I should have to pay about £40-50).

Anywho enough about my rambling and onto the set itself.

B_f83fcWYAA2V6s.jpg:large

Sword Art Online - Box Set 3 (Fairy Dance Part 1) [Limited Edition]
Format: Blu-ray
Region: A | B | C - Already Tested & Confirmed by AUKN
Images are

You can view all four SAO sets on my Imgur album. UPDATE: Blog Posts for Set 3 and Set 4 are now up.

B_f9ipdW8AAfSeB.jpg
B_f9igRXAAAg6MO.jpg

B_f9X9rWIAAIRI_.jpg
B_f9XuIWEAE2sVX.jpg

And that will be it for anime this month. I spent most of my spare cash to get these Sword Art Online sets and I doubt I'll be able to get others for another month. The original plan was to get Fate/Zero Part 2 but that's postponed to Q2 pickups. I may get some games and manga (as they're cheaper) but for now I'm taking a break.

Sword Art Online really does look gorgeous. I don't even like the show that much but I can't stop looking at the boxes on my shelves.

R

Stiivun said:
Great haul Mangaranga :thumb:

My copy of Unbreakable Machine-Doll arrived earlier than expected.

GroteFoto-JSJUKWJC.jpg

And also received these DVD's today. Would also love to have the first season of Aria in art box, but since it's long OOP this will be a challenge. But i'm up for it :)

GroteFoto-MVOURMRD.jpg

GroteFoto-BBR7NILL.jpg

And got the first part of Yakitate!! Japan together with the art box.

GroteFoto-QNT7OJC8.jpg

I missed this. Really nice purchases!

Those Aria boxes are really great. It's rare to find the first season for under £50, but if you wait a while, you might find one. It is an amazing series, though. :)

I have my fingers crossed that the impending Blu Ray releases will have subtitles.

Golly those Sword Art Online sets look delicious NG! Also Unbreakable Machine-Doll is out already? Damn, I hope the Ltd edition set lasts a while, that release kind of snuck under me lol

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Golly those Sword Art Online sets look delicious NG! Also Unbreakable Machine-Doll is out already? Damn, I hope the Ltd edition set lasts a while, that release kind of snuck under me lol

I've noticed that quite a lot of Funimation LEs have lasted longer than usual, for instance Psycho Pass and Attack on Titan Part 2 PEs are just about to sell out and they were pretty popular. I'm sure UMD will last a while given it is an ecchi show after all (well I assume it is then again I haven't started watching the show).

Heck I was convinced shows like Date A Live and Senran Kagura would sell out and they're still available.

Most of my import anime I send from TRSI to my dad in Florida who (sneakily undervalues) and sends them to me every few months. I don't import much, but works out much cheaper this way. This is my latest haul that arrived today:

2yx0v9v.jpg

Got to love US Blu-Ray cases, they are so brittle. A couple bits of the disc hubs have broken off. Railgun's looks like it was forced close which broke a massive chunk off of a lip inside the case too.

New Monogatari from Zavvi and the penultimate volume of Claymore from Wordery. Sorry about the rubbish picture, the batteries are dead in my camera so I used my phone.

Got some goodies today

Diamond no Ace anime guidebook
kKZe3fMl.jpg

Fairy Tail part 14
jAGtlWel.jpg

Some manga...typical that vol 16 of Pandora Hearts turned up before 15
oxM1NAfl.jpg

Free! -Eternal Summer- Taito figure
TwmSVJll.jpg

fA3qKRyl.jpg

RqS2qBol.jpg

Back