What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

The last set includes the movie which is why it's so much more expensive (it also has a disk of extras and a few more episodes than the first two).

Maybe a silly question, but would there ever be a chance that Utena appears on Blu-ray in US or UK ? I know there is a Japanese version, but no idea what the PQ is for that one.

Not sure if the chances of a BD release are that high. It is a relatively niche title, I think.

@YukiFan Thanks for clarifying. :)

Dannielle said:
Yup, Region 1.

It was such a good deal! I thought it'd go for more than it did If I'm honest, given the quality of the sets and all (Honest, they're so nice!). Given how much the third one is, it's a shame that one wasn't up on Ebay :( No idea on why its 15 quid more than the other two, but it's annoying :| have to wait till March to get it and I'm way paranoid over the set going OOP or whatever.

It was. I know what you mean about them going OOP. I have the same feeling about Rose of Versailles. :lol:

Stiivun said:
Maybe a silly question, but would there ever be a chance that Utena appears on Blu-ray in US or UK ? I know there is a Japanese version, but no idea what the PQ is for that one.

Found some comparisons:
R1DVD 01 - BD 01
R1DVD 02 - BD 02
R1DVD 03 - BD 03
R1DVD 04 - BD 04
R1DVD 05 - BD 05
R1DVD 06 - BD 06
R1DVD 07 - BD 07
R1DVD 08 - BD 08
R1DVD 09 - BD 09
R1DVD 10 - BD 10

There's about 35 comparison screenshots, just edit the number on the url and you'll find them.

Thanks for screen comparisons :thumb:

Always find it kind of hard to judge just on screenshots, but line detail is certainly improved and overall the picture has more punch to it.

Received this week

GroteFoto-SC4KCVNB.jpg

By the way, does your Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari have matching spines? I've got the first print of Bake and second print of Nise.

I noticed that when I got back home during the Christmas holidays that they don't. Looks like Aniplex does indeed create second printings after all (I know Sword Art Online has).

Jatz - Awe, snap! Rose of Versailles is on my list to purchase too. I see they have a litebox of the shows but ..I don't know :| Limited Edition sets sound tasty ya'know.

NormanicGrav said:
Ouch, well I guess there could have been a possibility that the packaging would go wrong if you stuck with the ebay bid. But you got the sets which is what matters the most. Did Rightstuf ever get the Utena movie, kind of curious..

Yeah, true, sometimes the images on Ebay can hide little nags in boxes.

Dannielle said:
Jatz - Awe, snap! Rose of Versailles is on my list to purchase too. I see they have a litebox of the shows but ..I don't know :| Limited Edition sets sound tasty ya'know.

Too much anime. Not enough money. The limited sets for Rose of Versailles look really good (just look at Stiivun's picture). The thing I'm worried about is, if they're bringing out the liteboxes, will that mean the limited set will go OOP. I'll probably have to buy them next to avoid the disappointment.

They would look great next to my Aria limited sets. Not sure what other RightStuf/Noizomi LE sets there are.

NormanicGrav said:
By the way, does your Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari have matching spines? I've got the first print of Bake and second print of Nise.

I noticed that when I got back home during the Christmas holidays that they don't. Looks like Aniplex does indeed create second printings after all (I know Sword Art Online has).

Don't have Bakemonogatari from Aniplex yet, i have the one from MVM but this will go on sale sooner or later and be replaced by the Aniplex set.

Heck didn't even know that the spine changed between print runs. Is it much different ?

Stiivun said:
NormanicGrav said:

Don't have Bakemonogatari from Aniplex yet, i have the one from MVM but this will go on sale sooner or later and be replaced by the Aniplex set.

Heck didn't even know that the spine changed between print runs. Is it much different ?

Monogatari_spine.jpg

Managed to find a photo to compare before I went back to Uni, picture quality ain't great from cropping it.

Pretty much only the spine is different, everything else is exactly the same.

The first press versions look like this (at least I assume they're both first press since I ordered on release).

How odd!

R, who tucked the obi inside.

Then it seems i have the second print run as indeed Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set is split in two lines like on NormanicGrav's photo. The number on the bottom of the spine is the same though AOA-2501-BX.

@NormanicGrav, thanks for your photo too, but seriously did you really had to include Puella in that photo, you're breaking me :mrgreen:

Furthermore a bit silly of Aniplex that the OBI for Nise and Neko have a different height, that doesn't sit well on the shelf :wink:

Stiivun said:
Then it seems i have the second print run as indeed Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set is split in two lines like on NormanicGrav's photo. The number on the bottom of the spine is the same though AOA-2501-BX.

@NormanicGrav, thanks for your photo too, but seriously did you really had to include Puella in that photo, you're breaking me :mrgreen:

Furthermore a bit silly of Aniplex that the OBI for Nise and Neko have a different height, that doesn't sit well on the shelf :wink:

Yeah my bad on the photo. The smaller it was the blurrier it would be. I was experimenting on how I could get everything in one picture for a collection update but I didn't bother to continue in the end. This was the original photo (that being said, it would probably break you even further).

As for Neko, yeah that was the start of the cardboard artbox era for them (even though Puella and Baccano! had them, after those two it was all about chipboard artboxes).

Picked these up from Argos today. They're doing a deal for the PS4 which includes the console, The Last of Us and The Order 1886 for £299 - a pretty damn good deal if I say so myself!
They've also got an offer which expires tomorrow for a £10 gift voucher for a £100+ spend, so I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition for £33. I've been waiting to play that for a while now considering Dragon Age Origins was one of the best games from last gen.
Planning to Pick up Bloodborne, FF Type 0 (Mainly for the XV demo) and DoA5 Last Round at some point in the near future.

jkPEX4d.jpg

Mangaranga said:
Picked these up from Argos today. They're doing a deal for the PS4 which includes the console, The Last of Us and The Order 1886 for £299 - a pretty damn good deal if I say so myself!
They've also got an offer which expires tomorrow for a £10 gift voucher for a £100+ spend, so I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition for £33. I've been waiting to play that for a while now considering Dragon Age Origins was one of the best games from last gen.
Planning to Pick up Bloodborne, FF Type 0 (Mainly for the XV demo) and DoA5 Last Round at some point in the near future.

jkPEX4d.jpg

Mind adding me on PS4? :) Would be cool to play a game of Dragon Age Multiplayer sometime, if you're up for it.

Username is LelouchNarukami on PSN.

Actually it arrived a couple of days ago.

Just finished the initial build.

Much like the HG MSN-04 Sazabi I got at MCM Midlands, I'm happy I got both.

The live-action Butler is here.

20150223_161302.jpg

Black Butler - Film: Limited Edition Steelbook
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A|B]
More photos on my blog

It is hard-subbed as Mangaranga mentioned in the Latest Anime Releases thread.

---
In other news I'm still angry at myself for not picking up SAO sooner than later. RACS has changed the status for the set to 'Backorder' and my card has been charged, there's been zero news on whether it would see a reprint but chances are it's close to zero. This is depressing.

From RACS:
"All backordered items ship via Priority or First Class Mail. Your credit card will not be charged for an item until that item is actually shipped."

Even though my card is about to be charged, I'm confused on whether I actually got the last item for the set or not (I ordered it Friday night, around the exact same time the set was announced as OOS on Rightstuf). I'll give it a few days otherwise I'll contact RACS. I hear they are a great anime shopping site (think of them as a smaller version of Righstuf but still popular).

Back