What did you BUY today?

Treated myself to Eternal Sailor Moon as I had 5% off at Gamersheek.

Started Sailor Moon R over the weekend and while I know this is from the Cosmos films, I think its a really pretty Sailor Moon figure so had to treat myself 🥰

3620409.jpeg

3620413.jpeg

Blue Sun Celestial Blanket Hoodie is from Amazon, the rest are from Temu :)

Attachments

• Unicorn Bee Happy Blanket Hoodie.jpg
    Unicorn Bee Happy Blanket Hoodie.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Van Gogh Starry Night Hoodie.jpg
    Van Gogh Starry Night Hoodie.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Red Patterned Boots.jpg
    Red Patterned Boots.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Pink Patterned Dress.jpg
    Pink Patterned Dress.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Blue Sun Celestial Pattern Blanket Hoodie.png
    Blue Sun Celestial Pattern Blanket Hoodie.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
The first two items in this order are a bit of a gamble in terms of sizing - I can't be certain they will fit me, but I really, really like them, and reviews do seem to generally indicate they are well made and high quality so if they don't fit me I can sell them on Ebay or potentially give them to friends who they would fit as gifts - the third and fourth items (the two sweaters) should definitely fit me... these are also from Temu... it's a good thing I don't drink alcohol haha drunk me shopping online would be quite something I think 😅

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I'm all for giving things to charity and it would make me happy to think of someone finding these in a charity shop, it's just that I feel like these are less likely to just end up in landfill if I sell them on Ebay, I'm not an expert on how charities select what they will actually keep in the shop to sell and what they won't though tbf, so I could be wrong.

Attachments

• Pink Haired Single Teardrop Girl Vintage Comic Style Sweater.png
    Pink Haired Single Teardrop Girl Vintage Comic Style Sweater.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Rainbow Ombre Gradient Dress.png
    Rainbow Ombre Gradient Dress.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • Skirt With Cathedral:Church Picture.png
    Skirt With Cathedral:Church Picture.png
    986.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Girl and Reindeer in Garden Sweater.jpg
    Girl and Reindeer in Garden Sweater.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
A ticket for the City String Ensemble "Best of Anime" show in Feb in Hackney after seeing it advertised. Sounded interesting and fingers crossed there won't be any issues on the trains that day

A ticket to see “The Boy and the Heron” at my local cinema.
Same. I was away when it came out, when I got home the local Showcase didn't have it and the local Picturehouse showings didn't align, so I thought I'd missed the chance. Randomly checked again and more showings showed including the Showcase.

Update: All the Temu stuff arrived and it all fits comfortably including the two items I wasn't sure about sizing for! Still waiting on the Etsy items but that's fair as I was expecting them not to arrive until late January or February anyway, I had a lovely birthday week, I spent most of my actual birthday on trains traveling back to Brighton from Devon but at least nothing really bad happened (there were delays but nothing unbearable) and I had an amazing mocha at Clapham Junction plus other nice lil sweet treats throughout the day. Other than that I've seen several friends (each one individually one at a time as I'm not really a party person) this week, including my bestie and had a lovely time with them, and I've got another friend coming over today at around midday and my bestie will be visiting again for a sleepover starting tomorrow or soon after that as they have a week off work 🥰

Lots of fully illustrated hardback classics! :) The two Alice books have already arrived as I ordered them before today, The Railway Children is a bit of a gamble as I like the cover (as in I love the story from the 1970 film and think I will really enjoy the book based on that, but am uncertain how good the interior illustrations will be or how many there will be of them), The Wind in the Willows is slightly (though from what I hear carefully) abridged, but I decided it was still worth picking up for Inga Moore's stunning artwork, and Gulliver is a retelling by someone called Martin Jenkins done for pairing with Chris Riddell's illustrations, but the retelling did seem to be well-liked, so I thought it was worth it in this case :)

Attachments

• Gulliver's Travels Chris Riddell Illustrated.jpeg
    Gulliver's Travels Chris Riddell Illustrated.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 1
  • The Railway Children Kim Ji-Hyuk Illustrated.jpeg
    The Railway Children Kim Ji-Hyuk Illustrated.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1
  • The Story of Doctor Doolittle Michael Hague Illustrated.jpeg
    The Story of Doctor Doolittle Michael Hague Illustrated.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1
  • A Christmas Carol PJ Lynch Illustrated.jpeg
    A Christmas Carol PJ Lynch Illustrated.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • The Wind in the Willows Inga Moore Illustrated.jpeg
    The Wind in the Willows Inga Moore Illustrated.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There Chris Riddell Illustrated.jpg
    Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There Chris Riddell Illustrated.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 0
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Chris Riddell Illustrated.jpg
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Chris Riddell Illustrated.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Picked up one Sentai new release Blu-ray today from a fellow blu-ray.com forum member, viewed once, for $20...

348024_large.jpg

Last edited:
Use an Amazon gift card from a relative for Christmas to order a nice hardback book
It arrives loose in an oversized cardboard packet with the dustjacket scratched to hell, the corners ragged and even glue from the poorly stuck down flap smeared across it

Nice job Amazon, now I have to go through the hassle of sending it back and I imagine any replacement will likely arrive in similar condition anyway. So very done with Bezos' sweatshop, it's not even cheap for books any more. When a Waterstones card works out at 10% off over time, I'd rather pick a nice copy off a shelf myself for £20 than have one arrive in the same condition I'd expect from a £5 second hand copy for £18.97.

Back