What did you BUY today?

63c0fe44-83d0-4dd6-8957-9cdb309c1af0.jpg

I've never seen any McCoy episodes before and I've heard these ones are...not amazing, but I'm still looking forward to watching them!

Ordered some Superhero graphic novels from various places; Batman: Universe, Action Comics: Warworld Rising, Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Superman Last Son, Superman: Unchained, Action Comics Volumes 1-3 by Grant Morrison & SHAZAM! The Monster Society of Evil. This is the result of a very sudden need to find a Superman graphic novel or series I really like that isn't an alternate universe. There's a chance I'd enjoy the post-Crisis stuff by John Byrne but that's a lot of money for a lot of giant books and I want something more modern. At least one of five writers has to get it right..

I also ordered Creed and Creed II because the new film looks interesting.

@Spark_Heal You might have already read them, but I absolutely loved the Rebirth era of Superman (and Action Comics). Definitely some of the most enjoyable Superman stories I'd read for a long time. Peter Tomasi is one of my fav comic writers and he didn't let me down with Superman.

I read Unchained, but I really can't remember anything about it. I'll keep my opinions on Grant Morrison's Action to myself 😅

You might have already read them, but I absolutely loved the Rebirth era of Superman (and Action Comics). Definitely some of the most enjoyable Superman stories I'd read for a long time. Peter Tomasi is one of my fav comic writers and he didn't let me down with Superman.
I like Tomasi a lot for his Green Lantern stuff and The Mighty. But I haven’t gotten to the Rebirth stuff yet. Might be next on the list.

Rebirth Superman is great, I second that.

I'll not keep my opinions on Grant Morrison to myself though, dude is a good writer :p

Morrison is a writer where I’ve liked exactly 50% of what I’ve read from them. So I'm both always willing to give him a shot but always hesitant about it too. Reading his whole Batman run is a long term goal.

Ended up buying two graphic novels while looking at shelves yesterday. Superman Up in the Sky and Ghost Cage by Nick Dragotta. No closure to figuring out the shelving situation though...9841833B-62BC-473B-8F33-CE0A29F5E2C9.jpeg

Found myself a great-looking, reasonably-priced UK based seller of Japanese albums on Discogs and picked up a few CDs.
  • Motteke! Sailor Fuku! CD Single
  • Mariya Takeuchi - Expressions
  • Misia - Super Best Records -15th Celebration-
  • Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra - Best of Tokyo Ska 1998 - 2007
Can't wait to get my hands on them!

(Oh and let me know if anyone has any other good UK based Japanese CD or LP sellers. I'm happy to import of course, but if a UK seller is selling for a good price, it's the far more convienient option.)

Went to town again!
Needed some new trainers:
IMG_20230324_144748_6.jpg

Got some more Vagabond (vol 10 was unavailable as it is on Wordery):
IMG_20230324_145031_8.jpg

And prize for most random figure, among all the usual Shounen stuff, goes to this Summer Time Rendering figure. Spoilers kinda maybe:
She appears in pretty much the first scene, but isn't revealed to be important till a bit later IIRC. Hizuru Minakata:
IMG_20230324_145229_7.jpg

Bought the last bunch of 3DS and Wii U eshop titles, I unfortunately couldn't afford everything I wanted so relying on Capcom to re-release the later Ace Attorney games.

For 3DS I got 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Blowout Blast, Dedede's Drum Dash, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Liberation Maiden, Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale, Stella Glow, 3D Sonic 1 and 2, Pokemon Link Battle and HarmoKnight and for Wii U I got Pokemon Rumble U.

I think I mentioned it in a post some months back but I did also get Shin Megami Tensei IV, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 2 and Persona Q in a previous sale as well for more 3DS titles as well as Super Mario RPG on Wii U.

Pre-ordered the Hitori Gotoh (Bocchi the Rock) Nendoroid. Had the AmiAmi page open for ages and saw they'd stopped taking pre-orders. Went to CDJapan and in a fit of FOMO pre-ordered there, then realised a. the shipping nearly doubled the cost! and b. there was a coupon available! So immediately cancelled! Went back and realised it wasn't expensive enough to be eligible for the coupon. Then decided to be sensible and check elsewhere.
Got it £35.99 from Dekai Anime (previously AnimUK) with free shipping saving £25!
ecd1d409c1b3797782195c0f79ac289f.jpg

I just ordered tickets online - I'm taking my mother to see Avatar: Way of the Water in 3D at the local theater this afternoon. I wanted to see this movie sooner in IMAX 3D, but too much was going on at home recently, so I thought I had missed it. But, when I was ordering tickets for Suzume for me and my friends on Friday, I saw that Avatar was still playing, although just in a regular theater now.

Got an e-mail today so I could get myself a copy of the Bayonetta re-stock on Switch which is available now. If you didn't sign up for e-mails regarding it, it won't let you purchase it.

Back