What did you BUY today?

NormanicGrav

At this rate, Christmas will burn
AUKN Staff
Another batch of items that are incoming:

Anime:

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled LE
Been meaning to check out this OVA series for years and now it's finally getting a UK release via Funimation. They're offering a LE which I've went for since the price was better than expected. Ordered through UP1 so it won't be paid off until December.

Death Parade LE
I watched this series years ago and liked it a lot. While it is a shame Anime Limited didn't release it, its at least getting a UK Region B release with an LE none-the-less. Ordered through UP1 so it won't be paid off until December.

Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 LE
Fire Force is a series that has been in limbo for my collection because of uncertainty in regards to the home video releases. Basically I held off until I was certain Funimation was going to offer an LE for Season 2 and eventually they did. The other factor was pricing and recently it went for £52 which was fine enough to get especially now that I have better income. Part 1 has arrived and Part 2 is expected to arrive either tomorrow or Saturday.

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life LE
One of the first anime shows I watched and among the titles that I wanted to own on home video for years. Ordered through UP1 so it won't be paid off until December.

Yusibu
Been meaning to check out this series for a while and I just remembered MVM offered the Blu-ray as part of their Deal of the Week so I went for it now in case it doesn't appear in their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

Asian Cinema:

Toshiaki Toyoda: 2005-2021 LE
Third Window Films a few years ago released Toshiaki Toyoda: The Early Years which was a pretty good selection of films from the director. It didn't sell well but surprisingly the distributor decided to offer a second box set, now with 6 films (3 of them are shorter-length). I've ordered it from Terracotta but should arrive later this month.

Manga:

Hitomi-chan is Shy With Strangers Vol. 1
Blind purchase but the art style, concept and main girl made me interested in the series.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Vol. 1, 2, 3 & 4
Good lord this took way longer than expected. Basically thanks to Amazon banning the first few volumes, it was very hard to find stock for them. I got the pre-2021 volumes ordered together so I can get the series closer to being up-to-speed.

Monster Musume Vol. 15 & 16
The series has had a slow volume schedule but I figured now was a good time to get the remaining volumes. It took a while but that's fine by me.

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
Mo Dao Zu shi jigsaw.

Are you generally into jigsaws or is this cuz you really love Mo Dao Zu Shi? :)

I bought:

Food
A cutting mat
A craft knife
A pair of small fabric scissors
A high quality Japanese kitchen knife for my PA to use when prepping veg for my soups and whatnot
Two cute small trays for food and mugs
A mug with cute drawings of reindeer on it that says “oh deer” for my PA's birthday gift :)

Last edited:

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
Got some cool swag yesterday (also went food shopping in the morning, not pictured lol) :)

Attachments

• Cream White Knitted Gloves.jpg
    Cream White Knitted Gloves.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Ariadne Hardcover Jennifer Saint.jpg
    Ariadne Hardcover Jennifer Saint.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A Poet for Every Day of the Year Hardcover Allie Esiri.jpg
    A Poet for Every Day of the Year Hardcover Allie Esiri.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Warm Winter Trousers Lilac and White.PNG
    Warm Winter Trousers Lilac and White.PNG