What did you BUY today?

Did a risky thing and ordered Vera Wang Princess from Amazon without knowing what it smells like! Retail everywhere is like £60 for 100ml and they're selling it for £23 so I couldnt pass it down. I thankfully tried the tester in Debenhams today and it's nice! Success :p

Just gota see if it smells nice on me to other people since certain scents don't mix well with a persons natural one and that lol.

PandoraHane said:
Yukifan said:
Today I went out for once and bought the Wind on Fire Trilogy from a new book store in town. I also bought a new dress for Peacocks.

I love the Wind on Fire! Have you read them before?

No, but I know the general story. I've been avoiding the series for a bit since Amazon cancelled my order for the first book. I heard the series has a fairly sad ending, is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the Wind on Fire trilogy when I read it as a teenager. Agreed on Slaves of the Mastery as well, it's my favourite of the three.

Popped into HMV and decided to get some Blu-rays in the 5 for £30 promotion since it's just about payday. Got Minority Report, The Goonies, Fargo, The Fifth Element and The Deer Hunter.

Amazon dispatched my Tales of Xillia 2 Collection Edition. It's meant to arrive tomorrow but with the recent problems I'm having with royal mail I won't hold my breath.

Ath said:
I loved the Wind on Fire trilogy when I read it as a teenager. Agreed on Slaves of the Mastery as well, it's my favourite of the three.

Popped into HMV and decided to get some Blu-rays in the 5 for £30 promotion since it's just about payday. Got Minority Report, The Goonies, Fargo, The Fifth Element and The Deer Hunter.

:thumb:

4 fantastic films there. Minority Report is one of my most watched films, and i'm a sucker for anything with Tom Crusie and sci-fi in.

Goonies is a true 80's classic, loved it as a kid and when I rewatched it recently.

12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
Gravity Rush (PlayStation Vita)

Couldn't find Gravity Rush in stores anywhere in Peterborough since I wanted a Physical version rather than digital (and specifically the UK version due to DLC Trophies, I'm a Trophy hunter by the way). Checked GAME in two different areas, HMV, Argos, Toy's R Us and Currys PC World. Nothing. So I gave up and ordered it on Amazon UK. The problem with ordering on Amazon is that when it comes to getting games that are region free, you're going to end up with the US Version. I have no problem with getting the US Version for any other game since they don't have Trophies in DLC (with the exception for Muramasa Rebirth but that never got a physical release in the UK/EU region).

Another Vita person! My Gravity Rush copy got dispatched earlier this week but if I end up with the US version I'll be pissed (to summarise: DLC has Trophies, I like trophies, US game not compatible with UK DLC).

Been wanting a vita for time now, bought my copy of Gravity Rush from cex so hopefully if turns up tomorrow.

I plan on also getting the Jak and Daxter trilogy though I have heard bad things about it(Frame rate issues & Lag), Tales of hearts R, Sword art online hollow fragment(Sad its digital only) & a few others.

Is Ps+ worth getting I know you get two free games every month but are they good? and what are this months games.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Been wanting a vita for time now, bought my copy of Gravity Rush from cex so hopefully if turns up tomorrow.

I plan on also getting the Jak and Daxter trilogy though I have heard bad things about it(Frame rate issues & Lag), Tales of hearts R, Sword art online hollow fragment(Sad its digital only) & a few others.

Is Ps+ worth getting I know you get two free games every month but are they good? and what are this months games.

This month is LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (same gameplay as 3DS which I hear is mixed), Metrico (short but fun game to play - better getting it via PS+ than paying full price), Fez (I'm not getting it because Phil Fish) & Proteus (haven't downloaded it).

I pre-ordered these from Nintendo UK's online store:

Pok%C3%A9mon-steelbook-art.png

Back