What did you BUY today?

Thanks guys. Bear in mind pre '73 cars don't have to pay road tax, which certainly helps offset the fuel cost. It's not like I drive a lot anyway... Well, I didn't until now... ;)

ayase said:
Thanks guys. Bear in mind pre '73 cars don't have to pay road tax, which certainly helps offset the fuel cost. It's not like I drive a lot anyway... Well, I didn't until now... ;)

Not really a car man myself, but looks good Ayase (and nice bonus not having to pay road tax).

Stuff I ordered from Zavvi online last night,

Bad As Me (Deluxe Edition) - Tom Waits CD
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom - XBox 360
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition Bundle - Wii
Playstation Network Card (PSN) - £25 - PS3 Accessories
Red Dead Redemption Game Of The Year Edition - PS3

Bad As Me & Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom are for my brother (currently he probably owes me around half of my monthly wage before tax & NI).

This was the second time I ordered these from Zavvi - I had a 10% off code which did not work for some reason which involved lots of emails with a customer care rep. IN the end they are going to refund me 10%.

I also got the following when I went into the city centre Sunday afternoon,

From Lakeland,
Grandma Wild's Botanical Biscuit Tubes Choc Chip & Orange
Baumkuchen (thought I'd try some after watching Kobato)
12 Days of Christmas Tin (contains traditional vanilla fudge and butter toffee)

From Thorntons,
Continental Limited Edition (665g) - half price (also includes a £5 off voucher inside)

I actually got the Thorntons chocs the previous Sunday but I forgot to list it.

Sure it'll save you £40 a year to have it Taxed but you'll be paying through the nose for insurance on a car like that, Older = more chance of something going wrong + expensive to replace parts.

SO it swings in round-abouts.

Given the size of the engine, having no road tax will save me about £200 a year! Insurance is £750 through the NFU. It has a Ford Essex engine which was very common in the 70's, and I'm a fairly competent mechanic so I'll get second hand parts and do any work (bar welding, which it shouldn't need) myself. Petrol will be the main cost but hey, you might as well spend money on what you enjoy, right?

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (After GAME cancelled my pre-order because my card bounced on Monday). Was dispatched today by ShopTo =3

Tachi said:
Sure it'll save you £40 a year to have it Taxed but you'll be paying through the nose for insurance on a car like that, Older = more chance of something going wrong + expensive to replace parts.

SO it swings in round-abouts.

I'm pretty sure the expression is "swings and roundabouts" ...Right?

I didn't buy Zelda today, had it on preorder for ages, but it made me realise I was in desperate need of something. A component cable for my wii. Now to resist the urge to replay the 60 hours I've fueled into Xenoblade already...

And after I bought that I felt bad. So I...bought some Accountancy books for my course. So I spent some money to make up for the fact that I felt bad that I was spending money. I'm going to make a wonderful accountant!

Edit: Oh and Eden Of The East movie 2 on blu-ray. Now i'm starting to feel the christmas pinch...

A spare copy of Pokemon Leaf Green for the grand sum of £2 :)

Now I can replay it while waiting for Skywards Sword to come in the post without having to restart my other copy. Going to start with a Squirtle since I started with Charmander on my 1st copy and Bulbasaur on Fire Red.

Burnout Paradise for £0.00 via Origin (the client only, not the website).

Not sure if the deal is still running, but enter the code "PARADISE" to get it, if it is.

The American LE for Hakuouki (PSP) from Planet Axel. I notice now that the release date for this is Valentine's Day, haha.

I don't know what's in the LE version, but it's only a little more expensive than the standard version so there was no reason not to go for it.

R

Xmas presents for friends and family. Also technically (as I cancelled my order at Zavvi, and reordered from Amazon due to differences in availability)
Tales of the Abyss on 3DS.

Will probably be buying some other xmas presents etc later too.

Back