What did you BUY today?

Rena Ryuugu said:
Max Takeshi said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Zelda Game and Watch :D

At the Expo? I'm always tempted by the Donkey Kong one, but always chicken out.

Nope from the charity shop I volunteer in. It's in very good condition and the price that I paid for it, is half the amount you would find on ebay ;)

All this talk of Game & Watch reminds me I have the old Donkey Kong game (split screen). Have had it for years (can't remember the year but it must have been sometime in the '80s). I could play it for ages.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Nope from the charity shop I volunteer in. It's in very good condition and the price that I paid for it, is half the amount you would find on ebay ;)

Ah, I see. There's a few at a specific stall at the Expo which begin at £40. Thing is since I always go to that stall the guy gives me a discount :p

My Expo acquisitions, which summed to only twenty pounds sterling, consisted of Gundam UC volume 1 along with the Appleseed OVA (on which I spent the change from the former.)

1Q84 Book Three.

I'm only about half way through Book One but I'm enjoying it so much that I wanted to grab this ahead of time. Been a long time since I've been so engrossed in a novel.

Lawrence said:
With the power of tesco clubcard vouchers, I purchased a nice new upscaling DVD player, partly because my old dvd player (from 2002) lets off a little to much static electricity on its metal surface, which can hurt. And partly because I don't think the PS3 can play region one disks.

Like my old player, sadly, it seems to make a lot of noise. I'm beginning to wonder if all DVD players have this problem.
Do you mean a disc-spinning noise or a buzzing noise?

I was speaking to my step-dad last night about why my blu-ray player makes so much noise, and he said it's most likely because of there being a lot different devices plugged in around it that's creating interference. I haven't had a chance to unplug everything downstairs except the tv and the blu-ray to test, but interesting theory.

^Awesome stu :), the Demon Exposing Arc was pretty awesome, Natsume <3. It was hard to read without damaging the spine, but my copy was alright after reading it and no damage to the spine what so ever.

On Topic:
A Oshawott pushie ^^

Provisionally, a 1972 Reliant Scimitar GTE.

Until Chaos finally gets that Shelby GT350, I hereby lay claim to the title of coolest member of AUKN. Goodbye road tax! And, er, hello fuel bills...

Gun x Sword - MVM's £10 deal of the week. MAL score/reviews didn't look terrible, and if I don't like it, one of my brothers probably will.

Random 10 discs, £5 whilst I was on the MVM site. Probably not, but might get lucky and get some gem classic films or such.
Thought, at £5, it seemed like a good way to sample a load of series legitimately, especially if I'm lucky enough to get some I've heard of and fancied trying out, but never got round to.

Hey, maestro's back! You can tell because he's the most recent poster on every thread in the forum. XD

And someone else appreciates classic cars, yay! When that met with no comment despite it being pretty much the most exciting thing I've done all year I have to admit to being a little disappointed.

A picture will definitely help, ayase. Or just say what colour it is, I can get behind that :D

R, who can't tell cars apart

IMG_7392.jpg

Well there ya go. Photobucket moves like a pig in treacle on an iPhone but I did it. Grille needs re-fitting (it's in the boot) and I need to touch the paintwork up a little but Scimitars are made of fibreglass, so it won't rust on me. Overall, very happy with it. :D

Nice! I know absolutely nothing about cars, but I do like classic style muscle cars with all their sexy lines, not like these eggs we have today! If I was a rich man I would buy some sort of classic Caddy from like the 1960's or something, however the damage these cars do to the environment would greatly concern me so I would probably mostly walk anyway...

nice car! Also I love the colour, very sexy. White is one of my favorite colours.

Back