What did you BUY today?

The non-anime/manga stuff I got from the expo was:
A (bootleg?) Totoro
A lovely copy of of this:
miku39_by_cutemew-d2xp02j.jpg

And another piece for a friend which i can't find a web link for. (Both pieces sign ofc)
Also ended up with a bit of freebie stuff and a key ring....

well not today, but yesterday (too tired to post after being drained & trained). But I got Lucky Star from Dariel, Atelier Rorona soundtrack CD and Nuku nuku boxset

Preordered the following blu-rays,

Cronos (Region A Criterion)
Videodrome (Region A Criterion)

Battle Royale - 3 Disc Box Set (Limited Edition) (Region B)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Limited Edition Steelbook (Region B)

As tough times are ahead (becoming perm, the transition from weekly paid to monthly) i've gone to poundland in hopes that i can stock up on food for a cheapy price.

12pk Space raiders
9pk McCoys variety crisps
725ml Vimto concentrate
300g bananas and shrimps foam sweets
8 tablet box of 250mg Gaviscon
16 pk Ibuprofen 200mg X 3
Emerge Energy drink X 3

Total: £7

As I've been doing a lot of saving recently, I've got meself some bargalicious pay day treats:

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig Box Set (What a mouthful) - £17.99 from Amazon
Akira Club Book - £16.23 from The Book Depository

I've only seen the original GiTS movie so I'm looking forward to finally seeing the series. I've had my eye on the Akira book for ages as I absoloutley loved the comic series.

This does mean no Call of Duty : Black Ops for me this month, which I'm quite happy about in a way.

Kaede said:
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig Box Set (What a mouthful) - £17.99 from Amazon

I've only seen the original GiTS movie so I'm looking forward to finally seeing the series.

You'll love it man. First GiG is amazing <3

Get the second GiG ordered ready, 'cause you'll want to watch it soon after the first ;)

Godot said:
Kaede said:

I've only seen the original GiTS movie so I'm looking forward to finally seeing the series.

You'll love it man. First GiG is amazing <3

Get the second GiG ordered ready, 'cause you'll want to watch it soon after the first ;)

Cool, that's good to hear. I'll probs get the second series after Christmas though. Am I right in thinking that after that I just need the Solid State Society movie to complete the story?

Kaede said:
Cool, that's good to hear. I'll probs get the second series after Christmas though. Am I right in thinking that after that I just need the Solid State Society movie to complete the story?

Yup, unless you wanna be hardcore and read the Manga too. There are bits extra there, but i've not got around to that yet.

As for waiting till after xms for second GiG, I can understand why but, i'd really try to watch it as soon after the first GiG as possible, because it's just that good xD

Seriously though, you'll love the series, i'm sure of it. Just keep track of which episodes are Laughing Man and which are Stand Alone to avoid confusion ;)

Book:
Abandoned Places 2 by Henk van Rensbergen
Works of Love by Søren Kierkegaard

Film:
The French Connection 1&2 BD*
Sergio Leone / Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western Trilogy BD

Music:
Advance Base Battery Life by Casiotone For The Painfully Alone (cheers Genkina)

*I know the first film is "The Friedkin F*ck-Up" version but it was only £13.

mangaman74 said:
ayase said:
Sergio Leone / Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western Trilogy BD
You do realise this has been rereleased as a four film set including Hang 'Em High'?
Yeah, I do. Except the set I bought today was £30, compared to the £45 they were asking for the new set. Hang 'em High is hardly worth an extra £15.

Back