What did you BUY today?

ilmaestro said:
Yeah, specials like that can go up to £8 or so, easy. "Regular" magazines are like £4-7 these days, just going on the ones that I buy regularly or occasionally.
That's... pretty amazing. I understand why, but damn, pricey for some disposable entertainment (compared to a £4 paperback book or something).

Jayme said:
£4 paperback book
The average RRP of new paperbacks is about £9-£12 now. There's obviously scope for online shops to offer discounts, but for magazines I don't imagine the price to retailers is negotiable (and most will be done on sale-or-return).

Double post. Light sour cream & onion Pringles, as at 99p they were a pound cheaper than their non-light counterparts. They taste exactly the same. Sparta.

Got HUNK in the post today...from china, which is weird because the seller was australian and I paid in Oz dollaz. Odd. Anyways my RE4 mercs collection is now complete OH WAIT NO WESKER >=( Get on it Neca.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Got HUNK in the post today...from china, which is weird because the seller was australian and I paid in Oz dollaz. Odd. Anyways my RE4 mercs collection is now complete OH WAIT NO WESKER >=( Get on it Neca.

I once got a Basement Jaxx cd from an amazon.co.uk trader - it was shipped from Australia.

mangaman74 said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

I once got a Basement Jaxx cd from an amazon.co.uk trader - it was shipped from Australia.

How bizarre =P Ah well, it arrived in good condition so I'm happy

Despite my prior experiences with the operator, I have once again selected a National Express coach service as a means of getting to London and back. Train tickets remain comparatively extortionate. At least my Expo plans are no longer in a state of flux.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
mangaman74 said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

How bizarre =P Ah well, it arrived in good condition so I'm happy

I also once got a Big Country cd (1980/90s Scottish band) from the German amazon site. It was listed as an import. From the UK to Germany and back again. Both that and the Basement Jaxx cds can't have been good for the carbon footprint.

A 250GB Xbox 360 since my old one is playing silly buggers.

AND it scratched my Bayonetta disc beyond recognition :(

The machine is exceptionally quiet, more so than my PS3 which has a habit of the very loud fan kicking in after 30 minutes of a disc being used.

At least I now have some hard drive space.

Saving up, currently have my eye on a 2gig RAM, 15.6 inch laptop with a built in camera, speakers and mic. Windows 7, 320Gb harddrive and HD disc drive. For only £374.99 I can wait till Thursday…then I’m buying it :D

Considering selling my current laptop but it’d be wiped clean, its now only worth around £300 from the looks of amazon and other websites. Unsure if I’ll sell it online or not, either way I’d be looking for about £250 - £260 for it.

Bought today;
A laptop case
A bag of smarties-like sweets
Malteasers
3 super pot noodles
Large bag of multi pack skips
Gaviscon
Rustlers burger
Nacho’s

For £8 :)

@Stu,

You need a poundland in your town, since Luton got one I’ve enjoyed the many bargains, this little lot will keep me going (although I’ll be eating like a student…which has become the norm now) I’ll survive off the remaining money I have this week (until Thursday) on the £12 in my pocket.

That was a box of malteasers aswell :p

Preordered the following,

Nausicaa (Region B Blu-ray)

Also since I had a 10% off at Zavvi voucher I ordered the following,

Ash: A-Z Vol 2
Queen Greatest Hits vol 1
Queen Greatest Hits vol 2
Simple Minds: New Gold Dreams (Remastered)
Big Country: Through a Big Country
Professor Layton And The Eternal Diva (Includes Blu-Ray and DVD Copy) - Blu-ray

Prof Layton Bluray - Cancelled at Blah & reordered at Zavvi as it works out cheaper after the discount.

I obtained a chocolate apple from Tesco for the mere sum of 11 British pence. It lead me towards the realisation that the act of consuming apples on sticks is notably convenient.

Back