Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking Animatsu's approach to clean, clutter-free cover art. They even have the least LOOK AT ME, I'M BIG AND UGLY logo of all the UK distributors.

Deluxe compared to their standard editions, maybe. Although I class a deluxe edition akin to an Anime Limited one.

cyborg 002 said:
Why is it that Shippuden episode 268-270 are not included in either collection 21 or 22?
I hope this is a typo!
The Australian version of Box Set/Collection 21 inc. 258-270
and Box Set/Collection 22 inc. 271-283 as it is over here.
I hope this is just a mistake!

Found Nadia on sale earlier for the same price as I had ordered on Amazon. Chipboard box is nice and Anime Limited quality, not usual crappy Manga quality like the FMA Brotherhood box. The covers are reversable too.

Now if only they'd work on removing the sodding banner then it would be perfect. Even MVM didn't make that mistake with Fate/Zero.

sniper_samurai said:
Found Nadia on sale earlier for the same price as I had ordered on Amazon. Chipboard box is nice and Anime Limited quality, not usual crappy Manga quality like the FMA Brotherhood box. The covers are reversable too.

I'm curious as to how you got a copy so early; especially seeing as the set was pushed back to the 22nd June 2015. (I don't recall seeing advance copies at MCM either). Either way nice purchase and that artbox looks great; but I agree shame about the Blu-ray banner.

The simple blue banner's not that invasive and is small price to pay, I think, for such a positive move in the right direction in packaging terms.

At least it's not on the inserts, which is what I could never stand. Why anyone thought you needed another blue banner telling you it was a Blu-ray directly below a big lump of blue plastic telling you it was a Blu-ray I'll never know.

That blue banner does bother me a bit too, but wouldn't put me of to buy it.

What i wonder about is, what is the picture quality of this release and does it also use the same yellow subs like Sentai always uses ?

Stiivun said:
That blue banner does bother me a bit too, but wouldn't put me of to buy it.

What i wonder about is, what is the picture quality of this release and does it also use the same yellow subs like Sentai always uses ?
Will check the discs when I get home and put up some better photos. Think they're supposed to be the same as Sentais discs though.

Emo185 said:
I'm curious as to how you got a copy so early; especially seeing as the set was pushed back to the 22nd June 2015. (I don't recall seeing advance copies at MCM either). Either way nice purchase and that artbox looks great; but I agree shame about the Blu-ray banner.
It was just sitting on a shelf in my local store for €69, €2 more than my Amazon order, so I jumped on it. Same store was selling the dvd of Gatchaman Crowds 2 weeks early as well.

Nice, good to hear they really are using a chipboard box and the 'rigid box' wasn't just marketing speak for once. The banner and logos/marketing stuff makes it look cheap compared to a proper artbox, but it's a big step in the right direction. And the Nadia artwork is so nice.

R

Ok here are some better shots of Nadia including a comparison with KlK vol 2 for the box.

The discs appear to be identical to Sentais with the large yellow subs. Plays a splash screen for Sentai, Animatsu and Siren before going to the FBI copyright warning.

Thanks a lot for the information :thumb: Guess it could be expected that Animatsu just repackage the discs and put them in an art box. Guess i'll go for the UK edition then despite the blue banner :wink:

Does that say 2045 mins running time for the feature? That's about 34 hours? I haven't seen it but that would mean episodes are about 55 mins? Also would mean 7 hours per BD (there are 5 right?)....

Something must be amiss (could just be it does not say 2045 mins).

Both the Japanese and US Blu-rays are pegged at 975 mins.
toSHLX2.jpg

If it's already gone out to stores, I guess it's too late to fix it and I don't suppose they'd do a recall over something so small. Oh well.

It's a tiny little thing, no issue whatsoever imo. I can see it rectified in a later print, but to be honest I'm surprised anybody even noticed it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back