Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
81d0npnqtblsl1500.jpg

Lawrence said:
Seems like a step back after the place holder piece. I mean, it doesn't look bad but it doesn't really sell the show either.

Agreed. I wasn't completely sold on the last one but this one is just a strange choice IMO.

Edit: wondering if that announcement is a box for the sets that will have the other artwork

Lawrence said:
Seems like a step back after the place holder piece. I mean, it doesn't look bad but it doesn't really sell the show either.

Agreed, I don't know why on earth they wouldn't just automatically use the great artwork the Funimation sets had. Seriously why design a new cover?

From browsing through MangaUK's twitter, it looks like they weren't allowed to use the original art they put up.

I like that new art though :)

Dannielle said:
From browsing through MangaUK's twitter, it looks like they weren't allowed to use the original art they put up.

I like that new art though :)

Shame about that then, the new ones a nice enough picture but it doesn't leap out as an awesome cover

So now we have blu-ray art! At least it's not using a brick-style case, unlike the DVD.

EDIT: Wait, the white just makes it look bigger. DVD is in a normal amaray. I hate black amarays anyway.

I did like the old Stains Gate artwork, but I actually quite like that new art work. It's clean and not over crowded.

That cover is unsurprisingly dreadful. I really do not like it one bit.
MVM have also lost a sale since it's a PAL conversion. NTSC/BD would have been a sale.

I like the front and back cover but the spine is a mess, all logos and square boxes.

Pre-ordered because it's half the price of the Funi DVD set, and I can live with PAL speedup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back