Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDT87 said:
Anime Limited, i'm glad you exist and all to bring us wonderful series back to buy such as Cowboy Bebop and the latest Gurren Lagann. But PLEASE STOP POSTING AND REMINDING US ALL about Outlaw Star and stuff....seriously!
It's getting on my nerves and not only me but other followers as well!
Promoting this is all good an all but FIRST thing you haven't released ANYTHING yet.
What if the releases are really bad? Stop hyping us up. If something like KAZE happens with bad subtitles well you will just go down straight away!
Wait until we actually praise you with the release you brought us before we make our mind up about how such a good company you really are.
Posting the artcover is hyping it up?

Aren't Anime Limited using the company NISA used? I doubt they'll be bad releases.

They did a fantastic job at organising the Uk premier of 009 re:cyborg, so good that I have pretty much pre ordered every single one of their releases, why? Because I trust Andrew.

And for the record, ONE person moaned about the 'excessive' 009 postings, who hasn't said anything back since I gave them a bit of a mouthful.

Just be happy that we have a company that is so talkative and active about their releases and with their fan base and not another Kaze.

I would much rather hear information from companies than a wall of silence forcing fans to market their products themselves :s

The only things I didn't like about the Outlaw Star cover are the font (and size) of the lower text and the placement of the non-artwork elements on the front. I like their blocky colour motif for the logo etc in general.

R

I actually enjoy that they post regularly. Even though I may not be interested in some of it, I'm just glad for the interaction honestly. Plus, I see many people who are interested that are loving it. Nothing wrong with that.
The fan reactions actually makes me happy to read! There are a lot of excited people.

Lawrence said:
Okay, so from what I understand, you are not only mad at Anime Limited but also every other small company that goes out its way to hype new products.

Are they not supposed to sell OutLaw Star? I mean, you realise it comes out soon, right?

reborn said:
Posting the artcover is hyping it up?

Aren't Anime Limited using the company NISA used? I doubt they'll be bad releases.

GolGotha said:
They did a fantastic job at organising the Uk premier of 009 re:cyborg, so good that I have pretty much pre ordered every single one of their releases, why? Because I trust Andrew.

And for the record, ONE person moaned about the 'excessive' 009 postings, who hasn't said anything back since I gave them a bit of a mouthful.

Just be happy that we have a company that is so talkative and active about their releases and with their fan base and not another Kaze.

Rui said:
I would much rather hear information from companies than a wall of silence forcing fans to market their products themselves :s

The only things I didn't like about the Outlaw Star cover are the font (and size) of the lower text and the placement of the non-artwork elements on the front. I like their blocky colour motif for the logo etc in general.

R

PandoraHane said:
I actually enjoy that they post regularly. Even though I may not be interested in some of it, I'm just glad for the interaction honestly. Plus, I see many people who are interested that are loving it. Nothing wrong with that.
The fan reactions actually makes me happy to read! There are a lot of excited people.

Okay so let me say this again.
I'm GLAD that they are networking and yes I do trust Andrew. I love how they interact with the fans and giving us a new announcement when they reach a certain amount of followers.
But as of this moment they have not released ANYTHING yet. And I understand how this advertising, but it's getting a bit to much now. They have done this since last year. And this is a WHAT IF scenario, if the releases are crap as in PQ/SQ, subs etc. All this hype for nothing. Just wait until they release something first and then go all out and do your thing like MangaUK does with the podcasts and all.

BDT87 said:
yes I do trust Andrew...
...if the releases are crap as in PQ/SQ, subs etc. All this hype for nothing.
So you trust him, but think AL's releases might be crap? Interesting definition of trust you've got there.

Presumably AL actually have control over and responsibility for the quality of their releases (as do all distributors, whether they choose to address problems, try to pin the blame on someone else or just ignore them) and I think given the amount of interaction Andrew has with the community he'll be keenly aware of people's expectations. Saying you shouldn't hype a product before release just in case it turns out to be crap would go against pretty much every rule of marketing. Look at it from a business POV - If it was your company you wouldn't do that. You want to shift as many copies on release as you can.

Manga UK releases often have problems with the PQ/SQ/content so I don't see how allowing them to promote based on their history over a new company without a track record makes any sense. Andrew has a good reputation in the community and now he'll be in a position to actually fix problems if any crop up (instead of asking a huge company to fix them on our behalf with mixed results).

R

I totally forgot you can search Google using images. In regards to Anime Limited, of course they're going to plug their upcoming releases and show package shots so fans know exactly what they're getting.

From Andrew's posts here and what he's said at events, it's beyond obvious that Andrew cares very much about the quality of the releases he is putting out. He has gone out of his way to become an active part of the community, seeing what we like and what we don't like in releases.

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
I do wish the show used the "Magikewl Girl" name the manga used though, instead of "Magical Girl" (iirc, the original pun in Japanese was untranslatable).
They replaced the second kanji in (魔法) Shoujo (少女) with a character meaning "dress" or "garment" making Masou (魔装) Shoujo.
Thanks. I had a feeling it was something like that.

Greenmeido said:
Joshawott said:
I do wish the show used the "Magikewl Girl" name the manga used though, instead of "Magical Girl" (iirc, the original pun in Japanese was untranslatable).

A certain fansubbing group translated it as "magiclad" which I think is pretty good. "Magikewl" on the other hand just sounds dumb.
Magikewl is what the English manga uses though, so it's good for consistency. I do prefer "Magikewl" over "magiclad" though, as I can see where Magikewl is coming from as a pun.

Joshawott said:
Magikewl is what the English manga uses though, so it's good for consistency. I do prefer "Magikewl" over "magiclad" though, as I can see where Magikewl is coming from as a pun.

I split it as "Magic Lad" until Shiroi Hane posted the actual words used ^^;

R

Rui said:
Joshawott said:

I split it as "Magic Lad" until Shiroi Hane posted the actual words used ^^;

R
Okay. Because I was reading it as magi-clad for some reason.

Eh, both worth well then.

Now distributors can't promote their product without getting flak from segments of the community? Damned if they do, damned if they don't, alas. Myself, I'm really liking the new Outlaw Star artwork, although the bar across the bottom is a tad jarring. Is there really any need to state it's the entire series twice - I think the smaller, red box is enough?

At the end of the day. We will just see when it get's released and hopefully there won't be any problems.
I just find it funny that AL is making us all hyped for a long time now and as of yet still nothing, yes I know they are coming. But we won't be able to say "YES they are great!" Until we receive the item in our hands. And I never said they shouldn't promote, theres ways to do it and theres ways of not doing and from the beginning they did well but as nothing has come out yet it's just the same thing over and over again (IN MY OWN OPINION) You might like to see them update every other day when some people will grow tired of it and just wan't the product to be released.

But as I said, they have been providing ius cinema viewings, online streaming, bringing in staff from Japanese Studios for signing sessions/Q&As etc....so they have been delivering with no faults!

I don't see a problem with how AL is going about things. Communicating with potential buyers (pb), discussing ideas with pb. over releases, announcing announcements with the odd cinema and expo event. So unless they're doing something i've missed - I don't see where they're going wrong.

What would be going wrong is following Kaze or 101 Films by being quiet. Here's hoping that 101 Films starts communicating more if anime starts to become more their thing.

All they've done in regards to Outlaw Star is announce the license, release date and post box art. How is that too much advertising?

oajb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back