Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the cover a lot more than FUNimation's. In regards to the spine, all I'd do is get, get rid of the "2 Disc" thing and put the BBFC certificate there. Move the spine image up to the top and move the show's title down a bit.

I do wish the show used the "Magikewl Girl" name the manga used though, instead of "Magical Girl" (iirc, the original pun in Japanese was untranslatable).

The black "2 disc" thing looks nicer than the usual silver one. If they can modernise the, uh, "Evil-Looking MVM Triangle" a little to match and ditch one of the boxes from the spine, it could look pretty good.

R

22qj.jpg

The illustration of Gene is great. The rest... I'll just say "less is more" and leave it at that.

Typing of which, I love the revised Stein's;Gate cover art. KURISUTINA!

That is a badass illustration. Alas, I already own the Beez Anime Legends release, but it's great to see Outlaw Star back in print in the UK, it's one of my favourite series.

EDIT: Since it hasn't been posted here yet, Manga's DBZ Season 8 release has offered a surprise and changed the cover art compared to the US version.

BNsSZCtCIAEyKj5.jpg:large

I actually think it's a slightly better piece of art than the one the original one used. However, I'm still annoyed 5 years later that Season 6 didn't use a picture of SSJ2 Gohan as it should have done :p There's always the Blu-rays!

I didn't get the Beez edition of Outlaw Star due to it being released just before "the troubles". I have fond memories of watching it on Adult Swim - and it even led to my brother's band being named (Chasing Melfina).

Will definitely buy it.

Saw the Outlaw Star sleeve on the AL facebook page earlier on. Won't say anything impolite, but I strongly believe I could do better and I'll be contacting them to that end shortly.

My only suggestion would be removing the Anime Limited logo in the top corner as it looks random and out of place (maybe make the BBFC logo smaller and placing it with that?), as well as matching the "Complete Box Set" bar so that it's in-line with the one on the spine.

Also, odd how they mention that it's based on a manga, when it has never been released in English.

It's infinitely better than these:
51GMPYY2V3L.jpg

17681060_300x300_1.jpg

Also, is it fan-art? Or is it something the Japanese side supplied, or maybe it's a commission because the only other artwork on the table was bleh?

Joshawott said:
Also, is it fan-art? Or is it something the Japanese side supplied, or maybe it's a commission because the only other artwork on the table was bleh?
Googling the image it has been around for a while, e.g. it was used on the 1998 Remaster box in Japan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-2605

(edit: ninja'd)

Joshawott said:
I do wish the show used the "Magikewl Girl" name the manga used though, instead of "Magical Girl" (iirc, the original pun in Japanese was untranslatable).
They replaced the second kanji in (魔法) Shoujo (少女) with a character meaning "dress" or "garment" making Masou (魔装) Shoujo.

Joshawott said:

A certain fansubbing group translated it as "magiclad" which I think is pretty good. "Magikewl" on the other hand just sounds dumb.

The Outlaw Star piece was official? Words honestly fail me.

The washed out colours don't suit the show at all, the left arm is far too small to the point where it looks withered, and I would maintain that is not Gene's face. It's so unlike anything else linked to the show that I'd have sworn it was from a doujinshi work, and a recent one at that.

I'm just grateful I didn't get the length of emailing AL over the head of it. I'd have looked a right one.

Anime Limited, i'm glad you exist and all to bring us wonderful series back to buy such as Cowboy Bebop and the latest Gurren Lagann. But PLEASE STOP POSTING AND REMINDING US ALL about Outlaw Star and stuff....seriously!
It's getting on my nerves and not only me but other followers as well!
Promoting this is all good an all but FIRST thing you haven't released ANYTHING yet.
What if the releases are really bad? Stop hyping us up. If something like KAZE happens with bad subtitles well you will just go down straight away!
Wait until we actually praise you with the release you brought us before we make our mind up about how such a good company you really are.
At the moment it's just MangaUK which to be honest is not the BEST ever so far, and now Kaze being all silly. It's only you to prove against Manga and 101ANIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back