Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not personally a fan of digipaks, they look too cheap and fragile even though they're probably no worse than standard cases.
I wish it wasn't so far out of my price range as I wouldn't mind owning it but they've priced me out of the market :(, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a single anime series. Hopefully it'll get some significant discounts (at least 50%) in the future.

Edit: It's due on my birthday as well lol.

I like it well enough. I'm not exactly blown away, and there's something about the front of the box that annoys me but can't quite put my finger on it. Happy enough with it to part with my money anyway, I'm in the "man, glad they didn't use a digipack" camp on this one.

On a side note, this is still due on Dec 7th right? I saw someone comment saying 30th of Nov....hope not or I may need to cancel.

serpantino said:
Not personally a fan of digipaks, they look too cheap and fragile even though they're probably no worse than standard cases.
I wish it wasn't so far out of my price range as I wouldn't mind owning it but they've priced me out of the market :(, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a single anime series. Hopefully it'll get some significant discounts (at least 50%) in the future.

You're actually getting 3 series, not just a single one

Mrclt1994 said:
serpantino said:

You're actually getting 3 series, not just a single one

I know but I've only seen the first series and Fumoffu really doesn't look like something I'd watch.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I would have prefered either a digipack or them putting the amarys and book in a chipboard box or something to get the size down. Still looks nice all in all, not sure I can really afford it though, I think I'll wait for the standards.
Well it's an Ultimate Edition, getting the size down would make it different from the other UEs. Besides, it would reduce the size of the artbook too. I'm personally not a huge fan of blu-ray sized artbooks, and I'm probably not the only one.[spoilerbutton]
Ta3J274.gif
[/spoilerbutton]
Buzzkillington said:
On a side note, this is still due on Dec 7th right? I saw someone comment saying 30th of Nov....hope not or I may need to cancel.
30th of November is for Gundam, I think.

Re:price, while £90 (or £100 on Amazon) is a lot, you have to consider that you're basically getting 4 cours worth of FMP. So £22,5 (or £25) per cour, on Blu-ray, in special packaging and with a bonus artbook.

BlackStrat said:
Buzzkillington said:

Re:price, while £90 (or £100 on Amazon) is a lot, you have to consider that you're basically getting 4 cours worth of FMP. So £22,5 (or £25) per cour, on Blu-ray, in special packaging and with a bonus artbook.
Ah yeah, that would make sense.

Not sure if the part about the price was necessarily aimed at me, but for the record I have no problems paying the £92 I have it locked in at on Amazon, I've paid a lot more for a lot worse things lol As long as it's of a better standard than Gurren Laganns Ultimate Edition then meh, it's cool.

serpantino said:

Edit: It's due on my birthday as well lol.

£90 for an entire series (Zavvi) which is over 20 hours worth of content and 49-50 eps inc OVAs isn't really a bad deal to be fair! I totally get if it's a lot to bite off though in one go there though but having the set here in my grubby paws I can say it's a worthwhile one :).

AP

Buzzkillington said:
BlackStrat said:
Buzzkillington said:

Ah yeah, that would make sense.

Not sure if the part about the price was necessarily aimed at me, but for the record I have no problems paying the £92 I have it locked in at on Amazon, I've paid a lot more for a lot worse things lol As long as it's of a better standard than Gurren Laganns Ultimate Edition then meh, it's cool.
Yeah sorry I could have made it clearer, it wasn't aimed at you (that's why I jumped two lines) but was rather a general statement

So I was casually watching Emo's unboxing of Bakumatsu Rock and I noticed the spine has changed.

Bakumatsu_Rock_Spine.png

It looks like Animatsu are indeed replicating the art from the US release (I don't have a problem with this, well except for the ridiculously fanservicey ones which ruin the show's image). This was the promo version.

anime_andrew said:
£90 for an entire series (Zavvi) which is over 20 hours worth of content and 49-50 eps inc OVAs isn't really a bad deal to be fair! I totally get if it's a lot to bite off though in one go there though but having the set here in my grubby paws I can say it's a worthwhile one :).

AP

I agree the price is good and if it had been released in 3 parts over seperate months I would've grabbed at least the first series as I enjoyed that but I wasn't totally in love with it and I don't have a lot of disposable income (I usually spend a maximum of £65 a month on anime) and the next few months budgets are taken up with preorders already.

NormanicGrav said:
So I was casually watching Emo's unboxing of Bakumatsu Rock and I noticed the spine has changed.

Bakumatsu_Rock_Spine.png

It looks like Animatsu are indeed replicating the art from the US release (I don't have a problem with this, well except for the ridiculously fanservicey ones which ruin the show's image). This was the promo version.
I actually liked the direction Animatsu were heading in with the design of their releases. I own Index, Railgun and Chunibyo and all the spines have things in the same design and match really well. They got their **** together and banished the manga days of No Two Spines The Same!! Glad to see that lasted...

(Thinking about that xxxHolic release hurts me that someone got paid to design it!) :eek:

anime_andrew said:

AP

Economies of scale and niche markets and all that! It's always tempting to compare to the mass market. I paid a fraction of that for nu-Battlestar Galactica on Blu. The complete X-FIles on Blu-ray is RRPed at £160, and pre-tailing around £110, for close to 150 hours of television. Of course that will sell around 100,000 in the UK not 1000. God I wish anime was mainstream! Then again, if it was mainstream, I probably wouldn't be into it as much :p

I'm happy to pay £50 for a 1-cour series that I really, really, really want, paid £100 for Durarara on DVD from Australia back in the day. But my wallet ain't happy.

Over 20+ hours of content
PEDANT MODE: ON

Isn't either "over" or "+" redundant?

PEDANT MODE: OFF

FMA looks like a nice release. Unfortunately I strongly dislike the first series and have the Funi Blu-rays of the much, much better Fumoffu and TSR. As much as I like swanky packaging, I'm gonna have to give this one a miss.

GUNDAM! Mobile Suit Gundam Part 1 Blu-ray has been unboxed by Anime Ltd. The Collector's Box isn't shown but will be appearing at MCM.

For more details on the release, see here.

IMG_7053.jpg

[spoilerbutton]
IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

It's such a little thing, but the red case somehow did make this look a lot better. :/ Not a big deal as if I do decide to buy it I'd get it with the box or not at all anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back