Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my Baccano pre ordered since Jan I think for £32! Gotta say also really disappointed about the o-card. Not that I don't like the design, it'll just look completely out of place next to my other AL releases (the main reason I got the standard Giovanni's Island) OCD FTW!! XD

True that but Zavvi have come a long way in there packaging. And you don't have to wait that extra 5 days while it ships from unknown European countries (if it arrives at all) lol

Jon O Fun said:
True that but Zavvi have come a long way in there packaging. And you don't have to wait that extra 5 days while it ships from unknown European countries (if it arrives at all) lol
No, they ship from Jersey so if you are from outside the UK you can get stung for import tax as the Channel Islands aren't in the EU.

sniper_samurai said:
Jon O Fun said:
No, they ship from Jersey so if you are from outside the UK you can get stung for import tax as the Channel Islands aren't in the EU.
I've had items from Base come through Belgium & Switzerland before.
I had rurouni kenshin blu ray ship from England to Switzerland back to England :eek:

Jon O Fun said:
sniper_samurai said:
Jon O Fun said:
I've had items from Base come through Belgium & Switzerland before.
I had rurouni kenshin blu ray ship from England to Switzerland back to England :eek:
Had something like that recently with Amazon. I purchased One Piece PW3 Doflamingo Ed from amazon.es but it shipped from amazon.de.

As mentioned though you can get stung for import tax from Zavvi if ordering from outside the UK. Got hit wit an additional €16 tax bill for the Giovannis Island UE earlier in the year.

Animatsu (live-action)

Garm Wars: The Last Druid [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91a3s1M85DL._SL1500_.jpg
91xgvWnitLL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Parasyte: The Movie (Kiseijuu) Part 1 [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
816HOcDJITL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Kaze UK

The Future Diary - Box 2 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
917y%2BxIhIjL._SL1500_.jpg
91hzmYcJnUL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Nisekoi: False Love - Season 1 Part 2 [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
717oCrhDKRL._SL1237_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

The cover art for "Nisekoi" is fairly pedestrian and what I was expecting to be honest. Do we know what artwork the DVD is using yet?

IncendiaryLemon said:
Really? You're really going to put a hashtag on the front of a box. Jesus Christ Kaze.
The placement of "The Future Diary" title is also really bad. I mean, do they expect people to be able to read that?

At least they gave the blu-ray the better cover-art though. That's...some progress.

NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:
The cover art for "Nisekoi" is fairly pedestrian and what I was expecting to be honest. Do we know what artwork the DVD is using yet?

The DVD artwork should be all of the waifu girls together in kimonos at a fireworks festival.

I'm not joking.
Not bad. I have to admit that I actually vastly prefer the presentation of Nisekoi's DVD release; the artwork for the two blu-ray volumes were actually used as covers for the two amarays in the first DVD set.

Smeelia said:
I'm not going to complain about the changes to the Baccano set but I have to admit I did quite like the look of the o-card/slip cover that they showed previously. Oh well. It would be interesting to know if it was just changed as a style choice or if it was due to other circumstances like approvals or cutting costs.

Style choice and a re-distribution of cost but not cost-saving, by removing the O-CARD I could absorb the additional cost of expanding the booklet to 40 pages without raising the SRP. Which is a really cool £49.99 (should discount again soon I'd hope on Amazon, Zavvi is lower for sure).

You now get a tonne of stuff that was never localised for the west before including:

- Episode breakdown
- Interview Director: Takahiro Omori
- Review by Hidekuni Shida
- Artworks from the main designer and illustrator
- Art gallery
- Interviews with the art director (Akira Ito) and Producers Shuko Yokoyama x Animation Producer Yumi Sato (two guests from SLA in the past :D).
- Comments from Original Author: Ryohgo Narita, Dengeki Bunko editor Atsushi Wada, composer Makoto Yoshimori and the lead screenwriter, Noboru Takagi

Also I really, really, really love the main art on box and we're the only country to have the OK to use it in it's entirety on the box, so I felt a real shame to lose it.

That's the logic anyway :)!

AP

fabricatedlunatic said:
Baccano looks great. I have the Aniplex LE but it's not as nice as that.

Is that a softcover booklet or a hardcover book, and how many pages?

Softcover due to being 40 pages, exact replica for what came in the Japanese set many moons ago and disappeared.

AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back