Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshawott said:
Also, does anyone know what the blu-ray transfer for A Certain Magical Index is like? Because if I remember correctly, wasn't A Certain Scientific Railgun S the first Raildex series to be animated in HD?
Index/Index II/Railgun were all supposedly animated at ~540p. The Blu-ray itself looks about the same as other 540p productions like FMA Brotherhood and Soul Eater - not amazing but definitely a step up over the DVD. You also get better quality audio and better looking subtitles.
J C Staff animated their shows at sub HD for years and only made the switch to actual HD (~900p) in 2013(?)

Joshawott said:
(I wonder if Anime Limited could be cheeky and make SAO II's box large enough to fit Manga UK's season one release too?).

That Elfen Lied set looks really nice, although I'm curious as to why the mock-up is showing the ADV logo but not a BBFC one? I would have expected the release to either have both (urgh), or have them on a wrap-around or slip-cover (that could contain the title on the spine).

Also, does anyone know what the blu-ray transfer for A Certain Magical Index is like? Because if I remember correctly, wasn't A Certain Scientific Railgun S the first Raildex series to be animated in HD? Then of course, we have the "quality" of Shakugan no Shana's season one and two upscales (thank goodness FUNimation released those as combi-packs).

It is going to look very weird having manga's release next to anime limiteds

I notice the 'A Certain Magical Index' blu ray release says 3 discs. Anybody know how many were in the Funi release?

Jon O Fun said:
I notice the 'A Certain Magical Index' blu ray release says 3 discs. Anybody know how many were in the Funi release?

3 discs.

The Funi combo pack was 7 (4 DVD, 3 BD).

Jerome did say it's the exact same as the Funi version so I would assume they would use the same no. of discs.

anime_andrew said:
Updated SAO box shot for folks too!

SAOII-part1-collectorbox_box3D_1024x1024.png

Will this extra box be included to the first CE or the 4th one ? Will all sellers include this or depends on seller ?

Tind said:
anime_andrew said:

Will this extra box be included to the first CE or the 4th one ? Will all sellers include this or depends on seller ?

The first. Also, it hasn't been confirmed I don't think but I imagine availablity will be the same as KLK Part 3. All retailers get the box but as soon as the first print runs out they won't.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Tind said:
anime_andrew said:

The first. Also, it hasn't been confirmed I don't think but I imagine availablity will be the same as KLK Part 3. All retailers get the box but as soon as the first print runs out they won't.

Spot on - we're going to do a post but it's limited to the first print run so stock is limited and we've not printed a super huge number for the first print run so if you want the box, I'd advise ordering before end of year based on sales trends for this kind of show (basing off KLK Part 1) :).

Best,

AP

NormanicGrav said:
Man, it really irritates me that by using the blue bar along the top it cuts off the top of the arch like thing on the artwork....

Yes, I know it's whiny and I'm being pedantic, but it seems so stupid to me. I really do hate those blue bars, I'm curious if they feel they increase BD sales or something as I can't think why else they would use em. :/

Buzzkillington said:
Man, it really irritates me that by using the blue bar along the top it cuts off the top of the arch like thing on the artwork....

Yes, I know it's whiny and I'm being pedantic, but it seems so stupid to me. I really do hate those blue bars, I'm curious if they feel they increase BD sales or something as I can't think why else they would use em. :/
Probably the same reason most blu-rays include something on the back explicitly saying that it's a blu-ray and therefore won't work in a DVD player, people are dumb...

Buzzkillington said:
NormanicGrav said:

I have hopes it is gonna be an O-card or something and we'll have lovely unfettered artwork underneath. Looking at the cover for Parts 1 and 2 it doesnt seem to have a blu banner

Buzzkillington said:

That's unlikely to be the final artwork since all that has been done is that a manga entertainment logo, BBFC rating and that blu-ray banner have been pasted onto a scan of the Japanese box art (you can easily see the texture of the outer sleeve in that image).

It's likely going to look (I think someone has mentioned this already) like the Australian release without the massive rating label.

Most likely covers for upcoming KAZE releases of Magi: Kingdom of Magic and Terraformars. French versions also contain English subtitles (Magi S2 also includes dub).

74y35Mkh.jpg
VRFXTnnh.jpg

r9auLFXh.png
Dr3W75Th.png

Looking forward to the second season of Magi - hopefully Manga will announce they're bringing it over soon.

The annoying thing about the Rebellion artwork, is frame is actually a clipboard box with a window in the Japanese release. That leads me to believe that the mock-up was made simply by taking a photo of the original release - because notice how you can see the texturing of the box and the staff credits underneath the title are almost unreadable. The image of Madoka and Homura in the window frame is actually a part of a larger image that makes up a side of the original Japanese release's digi-pack.

So if Manga UK are going with the slipcover and amaray approach, I'd much rather they use the pieces of artwork Aniplex of America are using for the amaray covers for their local DVD/BD release. I can't find clean images of Aniplex's release, but that would essentially mean these two pieces of artwork being used:

Slip-cover:
50e207ab6946b5d78b377ae0144b9e07_500x735.jpg

Amaray cover:
Madokarebellion.jpg

(For reference, here's Aniplex USA's release).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back