Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
Someone screwed up again on the Rebellion covers. 1) it's Manga not Animatsu 2) who on earth puts the BBFC on top of the title on the spine?

Should be a simple fix, they just need to move the title closer to the spine image.
It looks more like they've taken the cover of the Japanese release and bodged the animatsu and BBFC rating markers and the blu-ray band onto the images and cut the title from the cover to mock up a spine.

Smeelia said:
Samurai Bride Blu-ray is a thing again? I must have missed that.

It'll be interesting to see if Manga rise from the ashes or become some horrifying undead monster that's constantly hurting the ones it loved in life (or maybe something in-between, maybe a horrifying undead monster that is mostly harmless).

Yea it quietly got added back on Fetch.fm's website then a day later it was confirmed that a Blu-ray release of the series is coming; probably explains why the show got delayed again as well - i.e. holding out on releasing BD and DVD at same time.

In regards to the Madoka image they are probably using that as a simple placeholder so that people have an idea of what they are pre-ordering (some people don't like ordering when it says IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE) - and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if MangaUK used the same cover that Madman Entertainment have used for their Collectors Edition Blu-ray release, which ironically looks similar colours/design as MangaUKs TV series release of the show.

anime_andrew said:
Mangaranga said:
Andrew, is the Black border around the artwork on the SAO II box part of the design? I note that the Japanese box doesn't have that, and i remember you spoke about Baccano before.

Shouldn't be but that's how the image was supplied but am not keen so we're seeing what can be done to extend the image. The box was a bit smaller on the Japanese one so we had to wait for final design grids to change it :).

Best,

AP

Following up - the black border was indeed just a temporary thing and is gone on the final product :).

AP

101 Film's release of Elfen Lied on Blu-ray has finally been unveiled:

A1ImGV1cizL._SL1500_.jpg

The set contains:
- All 13 episodes
- OVA episode (Elfen Lied: In the Passing Rain), exclusive to the Blu-ray version
- Character Artwork
- Production Artwork
- Clean Opening Animation
- Clean Closing Animation
- 36 page booklet
- Metal case (not a steelbook by the looks of it *no title on spine*)

Amazon description is exactly the same as the US ADV/Section23 release minus the additional missing OVA and booklet. I expect the discs to be exactly the same as the US version therefore the English audio issue may still be there.

But overall it's a nice release.

The cover art is admittedly gorgeous. Whatever people think of Elfen Lied, it undeniably has one of the most beautiful, enchanting OP sequences/songs I've seen.

But yeah, it's weird that in some shape or form, ADV lives on - whatever happened to that purported comeback of theirs from a few months back where there was that weird holding page on their site?

IncendiaryLemon said:
I don't normally get mad at BBFC logos on boxes but man, that one is the worst I've seen.

Seeing the art they used for the box makes me wish it was the special edition they put out in Japan

As I've mentioned before on here a lot of the placement of the BBFC logos is to do with the fact that certain bricks & mortar retailers from what I've heard will not carry titles unless they have prominent display of these.

Artwork is very pretty.

Is it twisted to say that? :)

I know it is tentative, but I don't really like the way the title is divided.

(I wonder if Anime Limited could be cheeky and make SAO II's box large enough to fit Manga UK's season one release too?).

That Elfen Lied set looks really nice, although I'm curious as to why the mock-up is showing the ADV logo but not a BBFC one? I would have expected the release to either have both (urgh), or have them on a wrap-around or slip-cover (that could contain the title on the spine).

Also, does anyone know what the blu-ray transfer for A Certain Magical Index is like? Because if I remember correctly, wasn't A Certain Scientific Railgun S the first Raildex series to be animated in HD? Then of course, we have the "quality" of Shakugan no Shana's season one and two upscales (thank goodness FUNimation released those as combi-packs).

Joshawott said:
(I wonder if Anime Limited could be cheeky and make SAO II's box large enough to fit Manga UK's season one release too?).

That Elfen Lied set looks really nice, although I'm curious as to why the mock-up is showing the ADV logo but not a BBFC one? I would have expected the release to either have both (urgh), or have them on a wrap-around or slip-cover (that could contain the title on the spine).

Also, does anyone know what the blu-ray transfer for A Certain Magical Index is like? Because if I remember correctly, wasn't A Certain Scientific Railgun S the first Raildex series to be animated in HD? Then of course, we have the "quality" of Shakugan no Shana's season one and two upscales (thank goodness FUNimation released those as combi-packs).

Someone posted an unboxing of the French version of Elfen Lied and it had a wrap around with the French BBFC equivalent. I imagine the UK release will be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back