Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Kaguya Limited Edition, out on the 13th of July.
kJna1X0.jpg
Standard DVD/Blu-ray:

Re: Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Guess because it was in the middle of the night :D

Nonetheless this artwork looks good.

Did I actually post that in the overseas thread? ...Damn it D: Thanks Mod for moving it! Posting at 2am always ends up a mess.

I imagine they'll be placing the logos on the box similar to the Garden of Sinners (which makes that little slip-piece utterly pointless*).

*referring to Garden of Sinners not A Lull in the Sea.

Anywho my copy of the set should be here next week, looking forward to it. :)

Will be interested to see what sales numbers this does off the bat, in terms of what that could mean for future releases of this nature in the UK market.

Presumably you are getting the US version? Where do you order from to get such good delivery dates?

Are we expecting A/B split for appropriate regions on this or do we think both may actually be A+B - the US version appears to have the MVM logo on the disks???

msgeek said:
Presumably you are getting the US version? Where do you order from to get such good delivery dates?

Are we expecting A/B split for appropriate regions on this or do we think both may actually be A+B - the US version appears to have the MVM logo on the disks???

I've gone for the US version indeed, via United Publications (USA) as usual. The currency rate isn't the best so I'll be spending at least £95-96 with P&P.

The US version will also be Regions A & B since they shared the costs, though I've heard nothing on Australia's side.

Lutga said:
Will be interested to see what sales numbers this does off the bat, in terms of what that could mean for future releases of this nature in the UK market.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see the Blu-ray LE shifting too many copies at that price point. Not only because of the price, but because of this:

"What follows is their struggles to adjust to a new environment and the relationships between the sea and land people, while dealing with their own newfound feelings that have just started appearing with the end of their childhood."

Sounds pleasant enough (and certainly looks gorgeous) but hardly the sort of thrill-a-minute stuff that tends to do well over here. I know I won't be touching it until I watch a good number of episodes on Crunchyroll.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Lutga said:
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see the Blu-ray LE shifting too many copies at that price point. Not only because of the price, but because of this:

"What follows is their struggles to adjust to a new environment and the relationships between the sea and land people, while dealing with their own newfound feelings that have just started appearing with the end of their childhood."

Sounds pleasant enough (and certainly looks gorgeous) but hardly the sort of thrill-a-minute stuff that tends to do well over here. I know I won't be touching it until I watch a good number of episodes on Crunchyroll.

I watched it on CR last year, and had my order placed the day it went up on Amazon.

Well Garden of Sinners sold pretty well, but that was half the price of this and a more well known property. I hope this does well - I suppose the fact it's a limited edition could spur people to order earlier in fear of it selling out eventually without warning.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Is this LE the only blu-ray set available or will there be a standard edition as well?

As far as the UK version goes, there are no plans to release a standard edition yet. I'm not sure how many copies are available for the UK Premium version, I assume there's only 1000?

In the US NIS America will probably keep reprinting the set at least a couple times before bringing out a standard edition.

NormanicGrav said:
msgeek said:

I've gone for the US version indeed, via United Publications (USA) as usual. The currency rate isn't the best so I'll be spending at least £95-96 with P&P.

The US version will also be Regions A & B since they shared the costs, though I've heard nothing on Australia's side.
But it'll be cheaper then if you purchased it from their UK site which would have dumped around an extra £20 onto the bill (I'm hazarding a guess that postage and packing will add around £5 to £6 to the £110.40 price they're charging for the US set) which is why I've moved all of my high price set pre-orders over to their US site since I can save at least £10 on each of them

NormanicGrav said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
Is this LE the only blu-ray set available or will there be a standard edition as well?

As far as the UK version goes, there are no plans to release a standard edition yet. I'm not sure how many copies are available for the UK Premium version, I assume there's only 1000?

In the US NIS America will probably keep reprinting the set at least a couple times before bringing out a standard edition.

I thought that would be the case which is a shame as that set is out of my price range for a blind buy.

I'd prefer it if a Limited/Collectors etc edition is being released for a show that a standard edition would be released around the same time or at least scheduled a few months after, similar to what Funimation & Anime Limited do.

The show has some gorgeous pieces of art but... Mari Okada + teenagers. That inevitably means overblown screaming melodrama at some point. Looks like I'll have to watch the whole thing on CR first lest it go all AnoHana at the end /o\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back