Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice to people who apparently care enough about a show to not want the **** packaging:

Buy it the first time around.

Paradox295 said:
HdE said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
And Paradox, you have Gurren Lagann twice =P under "gurren lagann" and "tengen toppa gurren lagann"

He likes Gurren Lagann, :wink:
Nope, I kinda copied the list from this site's Beez page :p
And I can't wait for the new AL titles...

It was my lame-o reference to Blazing Saddles - you know the bit where Heady ('That's Headly!') Lamar is recruiting the thugs and bandits, and he asks them for their qualifications?

HdE said:
Paradox295 said:
HdE said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
And Paradox, you have Gurren Lagann twice =P under "gurren lagann" and "tengen toppa gurren lagann"

He likes Gurren Lagann, :wink:
Nope, I kinda copied the list from this site's Beez page :p
And I can't wait for the new AL titles...

It was my lame-o reference to Blazing Saddles - you know the bit where Heady ('That's Headly!') Lamar is recruiting the thugs and bandits, and he asks them for their qualifications?
I read that quote somewhere, I wasn't sure if you was referencing it or not, but I have never seen the film :(

Do yourself a favour and go see it! :D

I defy ANYBODY not to crack up at the famous 'beans around the campfire' scene!

Paradox295 said:
13525236x.jpg

They changed the cover, see?
Looks much better than the old one:
10077821-1267720998-237000.jpg

stuart-says-yes said:
So do I, really tempting, I wish they had used box art like that when it was actually somewhat relevant to the story
I agree, also, it looks like they're going back to cardboard slipcases instead of thickpacks

beez_andrew said:
If someone can design a better one then send it over and I'll have our graphist look at adding it though ^^. PM me with a link if you do one!

I'd be very tempted! Is there was a prize *hint* :wink:!

About that - I've got a design I scratched up in Photoshop. But where do I send it?

ilmaestro said:
Advice to people who apparently care enough about a show to not want the **** packaging:

Buy it the first time around.

can't say i've had that problem since I've not bought anything from Bandai/beez as of yet.
though I am interested in that Haruhi set that play.com has on offer

Hot Damn that looks sexy. Never got a chance to see Ponyo, but unlike some other disapproving Ghilbi aficionado's, I think I'll love this, it looks much more Disney - and that's a good thing!

Annoyingly I waited for a while before pre-ordering to see if there would be any kind of retailer exclusive, or special edition! I even used one of my McDonalds vouchers on the pre-order. I suffered through a McDonalds for nothing! I have since cancelled the regular Blu-ray combi pack for the Special Edition. HMV seem to have it for a whole £1 cheaper than Play if anyone is interested. I've personally had better history with HMV pre-orders than I have had with Play.

Can't wait for this :D June is really going to be a great time for UK Anime fans. Ponyo, Geass R2 Part One, Soul Eater and Shippuden. Sky Crawlers turns up on the last day of May too. My poor wallet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back