Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Wars cover is ace, I actually fiddled around with my Japanese copy to get the same front cover, as it's covered by an outer sleeve otherwise.

Lupus said:
Even though I have no real interest in Naruto Shippuden that box art is really quite nice.

agreed. though it be at least two months time until it comes out. I think my mates planning on getting it, I'm just glad I got him to stop getting any more sets after season 6

JohnC said:
Happy Summer Wars is getting a BD release. Loved it when I saw it at the Dublin IFI event.

I'm looking forward to watching this, and going by amazon's release dates its out a day after the blu ray of 'Karas'

7977542x.jpg

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya: Complete Box Set - Anime Legends (according to play.com).

13704179x.jpg

.hack//Roots - Anime Legends

14279065x.jpg

My HiME: Complete Collection - Anime Legends

13704212x.jpg

Why, if Haruhi can do away with the brushed metal finish bar at the top, can't the other AL releases?

ayase said:
Why, if Haruhi can do away with the brushed metal finish bar at the top, can't the other AL releases?
I don't like the bar at the top, but it's better than the American one, I think

So, are all of Beez's series gonna be released as Anime Legends?

.hack// Legend Of The Twilight
.hack// Roots
.hack// SIGN
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Crest of the Stars
Eureka Seven
Fantastic Children
Gurren Lagann
IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
My-HiME
Planetes
S-CRY-ED
Stratos 4
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain

So, 8 out of the 22 series Beez have licensed are/have been released as Anime Legends, they probably will do most of the other 14 I reckon.. :roll:

Play's Haruhi is much better, I assume it's the official since it has the actual title on it =P You'd think Beez would've got the right art on their own site. And Paradox, you have Gurren Lagann twice =P under "gurren lagann" and "tengen toppa gurren lagann"

And Andrew did say when I asked about GL box sets that it would got ti anime legends, but after he'd "done something special" like a limited edition box or something.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Play's Haruhi is much better, I assume it's the official since it has the actual title on it =P You'd think Beez would've got the right art on their own site. And Paradox, you have Gurren Lagann twice =P under "gurren lagann" and "tengen toppa gurren lagann"

And Andrew did say when I asked about GL box sets that it would got ti anime legends, but after he'd "done something special" like a limited edition box or something.

Re Haruhi - Play's is the official one - at time of blogging we had a placeholder prepared while colour scheme was decided on :). Play got the revised version a day or two after I posted!

Re metal brush for others asking: Not that keen on it myself but it maintains the fact it's part of the same product range as opposed to a fresh title. Makes it clear it's an old title being re-released as opposed to a fresh title for non-hardcore fans and erases any "Why is Code Geass so much more than Escaflowne?" for example. It was a compromise as it's less intrusive than the US Anime Legends ones but still makes the same point :).

Haruhi is a special case as while it's part of the Anime Legends range, it's a bit sooner than all the other title so we didn't add the metal bar as a result.

If someone can design a better one then send it over and I'll have our graphist look at adding it though ^^. PM me with a link if you do one!

Q3 lineup of AL stuff will be posted in the Beez Blog shortly :).

Oops, did I just give away one of the upcoming titles for AL too ;)?

- Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back