Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did that Ponyo Blu-ray art come from? That's just the film poster (badly) pasted on top of a case template.

Looks like Manga are thoroughly committed to plastic bricks now. Shame.

ayase said:
Where did that Ponyo Blu-ray art come from? That's just the film poster (badly) pasted on top of a case template.

Looks like Manga are thoroughly committed to plastic bricks now. Shame.

By plastic bricks you mean the big box set one case for all sets right? (just checkin) I actually kinda like em. They save space and you can take a whole series in one handy set without anything falling out.

A note on the brick cases - I've found there's good bricks and bad bricks. The cases the Anime Legends R2 discs come in are lovely. But the bigger bricks my American ADV shows came in are beyond horrible, flimsy and fiddly.

To be fair, Manga don't control what prices retailers sell stuff at. If you compare the RRP's, the set is cheaper than the volumes. The volumes are only cheaper because the retailers have decided to sell them at that price at this stage.

Paradox295 said:
Negima 1 = £4
Negima 2 = £4
Negima Complete = £25

Manga, you fail :(
You missed the Spring and Summer OVA (strictly OAD) which is also in there; yes I know that has nothing at all to do with the series, but nor is it season 2.
I suspect the blurb on them is still wrong and says they are in 2-A not 3-A.
It's the same RRP as the half seasons were ,or £5 more; can't be bothered to check.

You should see what prices you can get for a set of singles for MVM stuff in comparison to the box (yey for periodic 3 for £15 offer on Play), Shana cost me £22 (inc delivery). Which is a lot cheaper than you will see it boxed.

Yeah, the Full Metal Panic! brick is a bit of a pain, though the Fumoffu one isn't. Which is odd.
The FMP has 7 disks, Fumoffu has 4. Fumoffu is in a slightly bigger box.

Reaper gI said:
Paradox295 said:
Negima 1 = £4
Negima 2 = £4
Negima Complete = £25

Manga, you fail :(
You missed the Spring and Summer OVA (strictly OAD) which is also in there; yes I know that has nothing at all to do with the series, but nor is it season 2.
I suspect the blurb on them is still wrong and says they are in 2-A not 3-A.
It's the same RRP as the half seasons were ,or £5 more; can't be bothered to check.

You should see what prices you can get for a set of singles for MVM stuff in comparison to the box (yey for periodic 3 for £15 offer on Play), Shana cost me £22 (inc delivery). Which is a lot cheaper than you will see it boxed.

Yeah, the Full Metal Panic! brick is a bit of a pain, though the Fumoffu one isn't. Which is odd.
The FMP has 7 disks, Fumoffu has 4. Fumoffu is in a slightly bigger box.

Yeh, but it's not the size of the box (though I do think it bizzare that the 4 disc box is bigger) it's the clips that hold the discs, they're easy on FMPF but a pain in FMP

13525233x.jpg

I liked this MUCH more than the US one, even though there's only been a few minor changes

Also, I still don't believe it only has 2 discs, when most Manga 13 episode releases have 3 discs :/

Paradox295 said:
13525233x.jpg

I liked this MUCH more than the US one, even though there's only been a few minor changes

Also, I still don't believe it only has 2 discs, when most Manga 13 episode releases have 3 discs :/
Believe it! (sorry, couldn't resist) :p

Manga seem to have started hacking away at the quality in order to lower prices, as also evidenced by their new found love of plastic brick cases for complete series where they formerly used hard cased thinpacks.

I just hope these moves are due to the devaluation of DVD as Blu-ray kicks in... ::waits impatiently for Blu-ray releases::

ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
OVA (strictly OAD)
The "V" doesn't stand for VHS, so any video format fits perfectly well without needing a new acronym.
They're a special released as a bonus with the manga, not standalone. It also follows the plot of the manga, rather than either TV anime.

The fact it's the same production team as Negima!? is coincidental, it should be titled Negima!:Spring & Summer. See Tsubassa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE OADs in comparison to Tsubassa Chronicles.

Manga seem to have started hacking away at the quality in order to lower prices, as also evidenced by their new found love of plastic brick cases for complete series where they formerly used hard cased thinpacks.
Besides losing cover art, which we tend to anyway( 8 disks for a 24 ep series is a bit much) is it that much of a bother. I find thinpack 7 disks very annoying in terms of getting disks in and out, they tend to get jammed in. The 6-7 eps per disk is far worse in terms of quality issues

Reaper gI said:
Besides losing cover art, which we tend to anyway( 8 disks for a 24 ep series is a bit much) is it that much of a bother.
I've been over this before, but yeah, it is. Beez are selling plastic brick sets for £15 now, Manga are selling them for £25-£30. Any reduction in quality without a reduction in price is bad.

Reaper gI said:
The 6-7 eps per disk is far worse in terms of quality issues
I got confirmation on twitter that they're using double layered discs now, so they can fit 6-7 episodes with both languages and no loss of quality :D

Once again, Manga DVDs > VIZ DVDs

Paradox295 said:
Reaper gI said:
The 6-7 eps per disk is far worse in terms of quality issues
I got confirmation on twitter that they're using double layered discs now, so they can fit 6-7 episodes with both languages and no loss of quality :D

Once again, Manga DVDs > VIZ DVDs
Still more likely to get authoring errors (bandai ent *shudder*), and layer transitions being misplaced is horrible.

ayase said:
Reaper gI said:
Besides losing cover art, which we tend to anyway( 8 disks for a 24 ep series is a bit much) is it that much of a bother.
I've been over this before, but yeah, it is. Beez are selling plastic brick sets for £15 now, Manga are selling them for £25-£30. Any reduction in quality without a reduction in price is bad.

But Beez's plastic bricks have been released before in singles and box sets. Manga's haven't.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ayase said:
Reaper gI said:
But Beez's plastic bricks have been released before in singles and box sets. Manga's haven't.
Claymore was. Darker than Black was... Er, probably every other show from now on will be?

I can't think of any Manga complete series which has been released without singles actually. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back