Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Packaging discussions, yay ;)

Claymore and Darker Than Black are, to be fair, much more recent releases than what Beez are putting out in Anime Legends sets. A better comparison would be with MVM, whose £60 thinpak box sets are released a few months after the last single.

/will probably regret getting involved

I regret getting involved already. I know why people don't now - You just have to repeat yourself ad infinitum for those who haven't heard your opinion yet.

At the end of the day, I don't care any more. Our distribution companies are adopting increasingly bizarre, seemingly opposite releasing strategies (Beez now releasing the most expensive singles and the cheapest collections, Manga releasing doubles and collections which then end up costing the same or more, MVM... 'staying the course' I think is the most tactful way of phrasing it). I'm just going to save up for a region free Blu-ray player, stop buying DVDs and stop worrying about it.

ayase said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ayase said:
Reaper gI said:
Manga seem to have started hacking away at the quality in order to lower prices, as also evidenced by their new found love of plastic brick cases for complete series where they formerly used hard cased thinpacks.
Besides losing cover art, which we tend to anyway( 8 disks for a 24 ep series is a bit much) is it that much of a bother.
I've been over this before, but yeah, it is. Beez are selling plastic brick sets for £15 now, Manga are selling them for £25-£30. Any reduction in quality without a reduction in price is bad.
But Beez's plastic bricks have been released before in singles and box sets. Manga's haven't.
Claymore was. Darker than Black was... Er, probably every other show from now on will be?

I can't think of any Manga complete series which has been released without singles actually. :?

I mean they'd not been released in a box set. Beez's had, with the possible exception of Haruhi.

With Manga's releases you just need a bit of patience. Every single thing they've ever released on DVD has the **** discounted out of it within about 6 months.

More importantly, since when did we get simultaneous UK/US releases. *looks at DtB box* and at a similar price, that's a very good thing for our market.

ayase said:
I regret getting involved already. I know why people don't now - You just have to repeat yourself ad infinitum for those who haven't heard your opinion yet.

At the end of the day, I don't care any more. Our distribution companies are adopting increasingly bizarre, seemingly opposite releasing strategies (Beez now releasing the most expensive singles and the cheapest collections, Manga releasing doubles and collections which then end up costing the same or more, MVM... 'staying the course' I think is the most tactful way of phrasing it). I'm just going to save up for a region free Blu-ray player, stop buying DVDs and stop worrying about it.

Brohime, the best way to deal with this is as follows: order lots of rare, cheap, OOP goodies from America--the kind you could never buy in the UK. You'll feel better.

Considering you very rarely watch anime, much less buy it, I don't see your issue. If you're fed up of Manga releasing cheaper/better value box sets fast, wait for the box sets. If you're fed up with getting bricks for £25 instead of art boxes for £40, pay more and buy from MVM.

This isn't the drama you make it out to be. Even Beez have started giving away their licenses now.

Romeo X Juliet: Vol.4

13706200x.jpg

I was hoping they would have at least 13 episodes per release, so that's good news. I'll buy it at that, but wouldn't have if it was less. It'll be better still if the Blu-ray rumour turns out to be true.

Glad I didn't wait for the Ouran box. It's incredibly pink =P I would have felt a great deal more embarassed with a giant pink spined box on my shelf XP

Sakura diaries as well...
Although I'm embarassed to admit I've got that at all in the first place =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back