Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Also, just noticed that line at the top. I feel 'From the creators of Red vs Blue' is slightly disingenuous. Sure, it's from the same production company, but the concept nor the writing/directing is done by any of the original Red vs Blue team. It would be like saying Jack and Jill is from the creators of The Shawshank Redemption, just because they're both distributed by Columbia Pictures...
Every StudioCanal Ghibli had "from the creators of Spirited Away" sticker on the cover, be it directed by Takahata, Yonebayashi, Kondo, or Goro Miyazaki! I suppose Hayao Miyazaki did write some he didn't direct, so a lot of time it's correct, but not all.
It's done all the time, slap a "from the makers of [something people have heard of]" on the front to try and get more people to buy it.

Love and Lies
mbr7200.jpg

Higarashi S1 DVD (Cant find a blu ray bar the CE)
mvd7190.jpg

Love Hina

mvd7201.jpg

So same cover image voice as Viz, but not with that weird pink, which makes it look a lot nicer. Only I bought the Viz one already... =<

Disappointed they aren't replicating the booklet for K: Return of Kings like what they did with Blood Lad. Aside from that the K sets themselves look really nice artwork-wise.

Viz's release of Return of Kings doesn't have a artbook so that's probably why AL didn't do one.

As AL took so long to do these, i bought Viz's Missing Kings and Return of Kings awhile ago but might get the AL Missing Kings as Viz didn't do a CE for it.

Viz's release of Return of Kings doesn't have a artbook so that's probably why AL didn't do one.

As AL took so long to do these, i bought Viz's Missing Kings and Return of Kings awhile ago but might get the AL Missing Kings as Viz didn't do a CE for it.
So it didn't. Huh I thought it did, looks like I'm misremembering again... I'll likely still pick these up since I held off importing for so long and they do look nice enough. Seems AL are all in with posters when they can include them which is cool.

Wait, hold the Neko for a moment. It didn't have a booklet?

(* Grav does research for a moment *)

It seems you are indeed right, they only offered a couple artcards. Oh wow I didn't realise this. What a twist.
782009244462_anime-k-return-of-kings-blu-ray-dvd-primary.JPEG

Back