Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Nah. Arise holds that title. Say what you will about Innocence, but it's way better than the generic and lifeless Arise OVAs. And the movie from said universe is even worse...

Ive not seen the Arise movie yet but I didn't think the series was that bad (its no SAC mind). Innocence just disappeared up its own **** with philosophical quotes and techno gibberish. The second half of the film is borderline unwatchable not to mention its missing the main character that makes the show interesting in the first place. I will admit its a very good looking film though.

I loved Innocence, I can't believe I only first watched it within the last year, even though it has been in my collection for years. I suppose I had heard it wasn't very good often enough that I put it on a back burner and never got around to watching it. Now that I've finally seen it, I totally got into it, and I always watch the two movies together now, back to back. The philosophical "crap" is what makes it so interesting to me.

I think the main thing to take away from Innocence is that it's an Oshii film more than it is a GitS one. If you happen to love Oshii's relaxed dreamlike pacing and hazy musings you may well love it, but if want visceral action and snappy philosophical statements about the nature of the soul, try elsewhere. I think it's a fascinating project and far more interesting than Arise (I haven't enjoyed anything Tow Ubukata has written) but I also think Zac from ANN was correct in calling it one of the most clear cut examples of pretention as a concept, rather than a throwaway dismissal. The film is layers upon layers of obfuscation, hiding a relatively simple message. As someone who would put Patlabor 2 & Angel's Egg in their all-time top five anime movies, I found it an incredibly unique, but rather torturous experience to get through. It's an interesting film, but definitely evidence that someone should have been holding Oshii's reigns back quite a bit, particularly with something as high profile and big budget as a Ghost in the Shell property.

pretention as a concept
Wow, this... really hits the nail on the head. I wish I could've come up with that description! 🙂

I found it an incredibly unique, but rather torturous experience
Funnily enough, I find Innocence to be something I can just sit back and enjoy, so maybe I'm not watching it right. 😛
I do really love the philosophical musings in it, though.

On a related note, is Manga's upcoming BD just their existing one repackaged?

Wow, this... really hits the nail on the head. I wish I could've come up with that description! 🙂

Funnily enough, I find Innocence to be something I can just sit back and enjoy, so maybe I'm not watching it right. 😛
I do really love the philosophical musings in it, though.

On a related note, is Manga's upcoming BD just their existing one repackaged?
Pretty sure it is just a repackage yeah.

8316732_1.jpg

Yeah its better than FUNis dunno if its worth the year wait though

I'd say age matters when there is another legal english release still in print. Since the older it is in US the cheaper it is to get ahold of eithe rnew, or used.

AL do deliver to all countries. Just not for sales, and I assume due to licensing restrictions an exception would be Made as “Although such different treatment might, in some cases, be objectively justified” I assume the license restrictions are justified

Ive seen Americans moan about the shipping why cant they understand AL shouldnt even sell to them due to licensing agreements Eupho is PonyCan there not AL so AL shouldnt even sell they should count themselves lucky. Its a joke they moan about it

Last edited:
They could also just stop those offers altogether. Or make them less great, so nobody gets the cake. Or create new international shipping fees, which would be so high, the sale makes no difference.

Back