Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Looks alright, can't say the wooden box does much for me tbh. The book sounds pretty interesting but honestly not sure if I even care anymore, they took far too long to get this out but we'll see how I feel by release day. That said it's bloody expensive for a film, over £40 is pretty silly and it was that before it got upgraded to an Ultimate Edition as far as I'm aware. I also find it kinda funny that the "Ultimate Edition" won't even have the English dub lol.

The book is completely worth it - normally I'd just say a delay is what it is but in effect the only slowdown for us here was in fact the attempt by the licensor to make this the definitive book in the world. We're proud of what was done with it and in this case respect the need to do it this way even if not ideal.

Re the dub - still genuinely believe one is non-essential just now but if we have an opportunity down the line there may be a way to introduce it to folks who bought the Ultimate at least digitally :).

Hope folks enjoy anyway, it's been a long ride for us!

AP

It feels like the release of Miss Hokusai is long overdue, and i'd be lying if I said my interest hasn't faded a bit, but i'll still be picking it up. If Anime Limited had waited even further just to include a dub i'd certainly not be buying it.

Having that said it looks like a very nice release ( ^ω^). The book and making-of extra will surely be interesting to delve into!

Last edited:
The book is completely worth it - normally I'd just say a delay is what it is but in effect the only slowdown for us here was in fact the attempt by the licensor to make this the definitive book in the world. We're proud of what was done with it and in this case respect the need to do it this way even if not ideal.

Re the dub - still genuinely believe one is non-essential just now but if we have an opportunity down the line there may be a way to introduce it to folks who bought the Ultimate at least digitally :).

AP
I think not waiting for the dub is a mistake as the dub would increase the audience i prefer anime films dubbed so I am going to wait for GKIDS.

I think not waiting for the dub is a mistake as the dub would increase the audience i prefer anime films dubbed so I am going to wait for GKIDS.

I imagine AL would be more open to waiting for the dub had they not been sitting on stock of dub-less standard edition DVDs and BDs for months before the dub was announced while waiting to finalise their UE.

AP

Hmm... considering the main disc is just the film itself. How about doing a replacement scheme later down the line that gives us the standard edition dubbed version. Kinda like how you handled the Durarara!! Season 1 release.

I'm sure that way would be much better suited than the digital only route in my opinion.

P.S. Since I'm planning on going to MCM Birmingham I'll be picking up the Ultimate Edition there :p

Hmm... considering the main disc is just the film itself. How about doing a replacement scheme later down the line that gives us the standard edition dubbed version. Kinda like how you handled the Durarara!! Season 1 release.

I'm sure that way would be much better suited than the digital only route in my opinion.

P.S. Since I'm planning on going to MCM Birmingham I'll be picking up the Ultimate Edition there :p

But there won't be a standard edition with the dub at any point in the UK

AP
The book does sound great, truth be told it's the only reason I'm still considering it as the packaging isn't doing it for me so a standard edition would probably do if I didn't wanna see what's in the book....

As for the dub, I have no interest in a digital version of it (that's why I buy physical media to begin with) but I also have no interest in the dub in general, I just thought it was kinda funny the self proclaimed "Ultimate Edition" is missing such a big feature that's so important to so many people.

Anyway, we'll see how I feel by release as it's a bit expensive for a film, especially at this time of the year with so many other things to buy (other anime included).

Just FYI, I don't intend to sound so grumpy about everything it just kinda happens lol.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but here is the art for Project Itoh: Harmony :)

Attachments

• HARMONY_PACK3D_UK_1024x1024.jpg
    HARMONY_PACK3D_UK_1024x1024.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 27
Found on Amazon

71XHBbDv-iL._SL1000_.jpg

#ScrewPoorPeople.

"Anything can happen." is genuinely a terrible argument, I would like to pretend you never even posted that.

Err you realise we're releasing a standard BD and standard DVD at the same time as the Ultimate, right? How would anyone be screwed in this?

Also bluntly the whole reason for a suggesting digital route for free dub access is to make back the money from BD/DVD re-working we'd need to sell an additional 250+ units to make back the cost of the effort of re-authoring then re-printing 1,000 discs (as that's about the minimum number for sanity).

While I personally love the film, I think by the time we did that (aka mid-2017 or whenever GKIDS do their homevideo) the odds of bumping up interest for the dub of the film are low. Also unlike DRR which has a really reasonable complaints about the - Miss Hokusai's discs are fine just lacking a dub. If we can find a way to do it, we will but at the same time I can't promise either way now.

Sorry to be so vague but it's a very unusual situation!

AP

Err you realise we're releasing a standard BD and standard DVD at the same time as the Ultimate, right? How would anyone be screwed in this?

Also bluntly the whole reason for a suggesting digital route for free dub access is to make back the money from BD/DVD re-working we'd need to sell an additional 250+ units to make back the cost of the effort of re-authoring then re-printing 1,000 discs (as that's about the minimum number for sanity).

While I personally love the film, I think by the time we did that (aka mid-2017 or whenever GKIDS do their homevideo) the odds of bumping up interest for the dub of the film are low. Also unlike DRR which has a really reasonable complaints about the - Miss Hokusai's discs are fine just lacking a dub. If we can find a way to do it, we will but at the same time I can't promise either way now.

AP

That was in reference to Grav's comment suggesting standard edition consumers should just do without the dub and that this it is perfectly acceptable for standard editions to drop dubs. This is not a viewpoint I would personally be keen on promoting, as regardless of anyone's personal opinion here, dubs are clearly a very important option for many consumers. I would hate for those consumers to suffer because they can't afford to pay £45 for a single film.

I will personally wait to see what GKids do, as I suspect they might include some of the bonus features in their standard edition, and I shan't be paying £35 extra for a 2 hour documentary. (Neither the box nor booklet is of particular interest for me.)

AP
Sorry to be blunt but didn't you investigate what the US licensor was planning to do with the titles.

That was in reference to Grav's comment suggesting standard edition consumers should just do without the dub and that this it is perfectly acceptable for standard editions to drop dubs. This is not a viewpoint I would personally be keen on promoting, as regardless of anyone's personal opinion here, dubs are clearly a very important option for many consumers. I would hate for those consumers to suffer because they can't afford to pay £45 for a single film.

I will personally wait to see what GKids do, as I suspect they might include some of the bonus features in their standard edition, and I shan't be paying £35 extra for a 2 hour documentary. (Neither the box nor booklet is of particular interest for me.)

But we're doing a standard edition at the same time and it's £14.99 just now on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017HM6P8Y ? If we released the dub somehow down the line it'd be available for folks regardless - just if you did pay £35-£45 for a simple film - you'd expect if a dub came out that you'd get access somehow and digital for that is the sanest way when the original discs aren't defective...

Best,

AP

Sorry to be blunt but didn't you investigate what the US licensor was planning to do with the titles.

Equally blunt - because by the time they had licensed the title and decided to dub it - we'd authored our discs and were trapped in the approval timeloop for the booklet. So at the time no US company owned it and no plans were out there for a dub. So like I say - it's a very unusual situation compared to the usual...

AP

Equally blunt - because by the time they had licensed the title and decided to dub it - we'd authored our discs and were trapped in the approval timeloop for the booklet. So at the time no US company owned it and no plans were out there for a dub.

AP
Aren't you punishing Standard edition buyers? I think you should provide the dub to all purchasers

But we're doing a standard edition at the same time and it's £14.99 just now on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017HM6P8Y ? If we released the dub somehow down the line it'd be available for folks regardless - just if you did pay £35-£45 for a simple film - you'd expect if a dub came out that you'd get access somehow and digital for that is the sanest way when the original discs aren't defective...

Best,

AP

I would personally consider the bonus features being DVD-only and PAL at that a defect worthy of re-authoring the BD, but I'm admittedly probably in the minority on that one.

Back