UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

My Hero Academia has been listed at £77 on Zoom.co.uk (Universals online store) and it appears this is the RRP. With a 25-30% retail discount plus 10% off with the SIGNUP10 code they offer, it should be £50 (just keep an eye out)

It feels like universal has been pretty quiet lately. Any news on Berserk? Crunchyroll has season 2 now and I'm eagerly awaiting a physical release of season 1

Best Blu-ray Price lists HMV as having My Hero Academia for £54.99 (see > Cheap DVDs and blu-ray - My Hero Academia: Season One (Limited Collector's Edition DVD & Blu-Ray Combo Pack) [2017] - Compare prices for cheap DVDs and blu-ray prices!) However on following the link you get a page not found. Best guess is that price is exposed somehow (via API?) but HMV just haven't created the listing...

Zoom should price match and you'll get an additional 10% off too. I'll post the link once they have lowered the price :)

Since the set is releasing soon, (I've said this elsewhere but) I wonder if Anime Ltd will be selling it at their MCM stall like they did with Seraph/Arslan last year? If so I'd be tempted to pick it up. I recall they were selling Seraph for around £35 if I remember correctly, though this set would likely be selling for a higher amount.

Random question about MHA, do we know if or think that the annoying "dimming" that the streams have will be gone in the BDs? I remember seeing a comparison of what I assume was the Japanese BD and it look so much better.

Hello all. Universal here. We will be announcing our Universal slate to end of year at this months Comicon - currently we have six shows planned for release. I can tell you that the first release will be Starmyu on August 7th. Priced cheaper than Arslan/ Seraph and wont be quite as lavish as those sets but will include artcards and packaged in an amaray with card slipcover. We will be releasing this on DVD and BD and will be setting up pre-orders as soon as artwork is approved from Japan.

Hoping for Drifters, Netoge and Grisaia (we kinda know they have Drifters)
They already confirmed they have Drifters last year.

I reckon the line up will be Berserk Part 1, Drifters, Starmyu, Arslan Season 2, Netoge and one more(would love it to be a complete Hellsing Ultimate set).

My predictions:
  • And you thought that there is never a girl online?
  • Bakuon!!
  • Berserk 2016 [CE]
  • Drifters [CE]
  • The Grisaia Trilogy
  • Hakuoki Movie series [CE]
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Bowl Dance [CE]
  • Higurashi: When They Cry
  • Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Last edited:
I'm gonna go for the unexpected and say Attack On Titan 2! Obviously as a funi release.

And if any company has the cash to slap Japan into releasing their grip on Evangelion... Universal is my bet ;)

Back