UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Has there been any update or is it looking like Universal have given up on anime completely?

Quite disappointing and annoying that they went ahead and licensed a bunch of shows that won't be getting a UK release now :(

crashmatt

Pokémon Master
Has there been any update or is it looking like Universal have given up on anime completely?

Quite disappointing and annoying that they went ahead and licensed a bunch of shows that won't be getting a UK release now :(
It wouldn't bother me if they just put out what they had, either way it would be nice for a confirmation as to whats gone on.

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
Checked Amazon & they haven't listed anything anime related for Q1.

It wouldn't bother me if they just put out what they had, either way it would be nice for a confirmation as to whats gone on.
Ditto.

Anything will do, even if its just to say they're still alive & in the anime business.

^^ Yeah, I haven't touched my Arslan sets yet either. I imported the UK chipbox sets specifically because there was no LE releases in the US. I think those were actually the first UK anime sets I ever imported (now I've got a 3-foot shelf and half of another full of UK releases I've accumulated since then!) I take it we probably won't be seeing any matching box sets for Arslan Season 2... :(

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Student Council President
Universal France just confirmed that they will also release Drifters, so it seem's that it will definitly be a global European release like Arslan/Seraph.
Release date : September/end of the year.