UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

It's frustrating for those of us willing to support. We've missed the release dates for Bakuon & Starmyu with absolutely zero contact :| & we're nearing the release dates for Netoge, Arslan: Dust Bowl Dance & standard edition sets for Arslan & Sereph ..all of which are due at the end of the month. Not great :oops:

Was rather looking forward to Bakuon and Arslan S2 as well...

It's certainly frustrating, I budgeted for buying Netoge but with the release date looking unlikely I will have re-assess my purchase list. I'm happy to wait but I hope we get some info soon.

I only really wanted Drifters from them tbh and even then I ain't exactly desperate for it, but it is a bit concerning that they just went silent on us. I wonder if they maybe weren't happy with the numbers they were shifting and are re-evaluating how they wanna do things. I mean Seraph was a nice set (despite being top loading) but considering how quickly the price of that and Arslan dropped I wonder if they really under performed or something. Same goes with MHA, it's a good looking set but I wonder how well it actually sold over here as it wasn't cheap. Probably just thinking to much on it, hopefully it's just a blip and they come back and give us an update soon.

Side note: I had no idea that Netoge was the short of "And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online?" I been scratching my head thinking what the hell are people talking about until I googled it lol.

Universal Schedule News: The kind folk at Universal were happy to discuss their anime slate with me this morning, You can find the full details here.

Basically, everything is delayed until Q4 2017 at the earliest, with all but Berserk and Drifters potentially being Q1 2018.

Drifters mostly and then Berserk is what I m waiting for. Due to the crap cgi Berserk has Idk if I'm buying CE or SE. Did anyone buy the jp releases to check if the bluray version is any better?

Last edited:
Drifters mostly and then Berserk is what I m waiting for. Due to the crap cgi Berserk has Idk if I'm buying CE or SE. Did anyone buy the jp releases to check if the bluray version is any better?
The Blu Rays improved a lot of the animation
Berserk 2016 TV Broadcast vs Blu-Ray Release (NSFW)
Still isn't perfect but it's an improvement. Not sure if the dubbed episodes I've found use the improved animation or not

I guess ultimately it isn't that bad, if there was gonna be delay then Q1 2018 would have been preferable for me, since there is already so much stuff coming out between now and the end of 2017.

I guess ultimately it isn't that bad, if there was gonna be delay then Q1 2018 would have been preferable for me, since there is already so much stuff coming out between now and the end of 2017.

To be honest I was thinking the same thing. Q4 is looking super busy for releases so spreading them out isn't an issue for me I just buy something else instead.

Nope, which is a shame since the US edition of Berserk 2016 is available to pre-order. Hopefully Universal give an update soon...

If there's one thing to point out, it's that Universal author their own discs rather than use Funimation's (judging by Arslan and Seraph so far). So this would be a good opportunity for Drifters if they decide to delay it to include the new content (if Funimation decides to do a simuldub or not).

Berserk I'm not fussed about waiting since the US set will probably be barebones aside from a box.

Back