UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by Rui, Jun 11, 2016.

1. PilibO

PilibO Student Council President

My Hero Academia has been listed at £77 on Zoom.co.uk (Universals online store) and it appears this is the RRP. With a 25-30% retail discount plus 10% off with the SIGNUP10 code they offer, it should be £50 (just keep an eye out)

2. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Adventurer

My hero academia down to £65.09 on Amazon will it drop any more I wonder

3. Buzz201

Buzz201 Mad Scientist

They look to be pricematching Zoom, so we should really be asking if somebody else will drop the price more...

Jaysgba likes this.
  4. serpantino

serpantino Straw Hat Pirate

It feels like universal has been pretty quiet lately. Any news on Berserk? Crunchyroll has season 2 now and I'm eagerly awaiting a physical release of season 1

5. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

PilibO likes this.
  6. PilibO

Zoom should price match and you'll get an additional 10% off too. I'll post the link once they have lowered the price :)

7. HWR

HWR Stand User

Since the set is releasing soon, (I've said this elsewhere but) I wonder if Anime Ltd will be selling it at their MCM stall like they did with Seraph/Arslan last year? If so I'd be tempted to pick it up. I recall they were selling Seraph for around £35 if I remember correctly, though this set would likely be selling for a higher amount.

8. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Death Scythe

Random question about MHA, do we know if or think that the annoying "dimming" that the streams have will be gone in the BDs? I remember seeing a comparison of what I assume was the Japanese BD and it look so much better.

9. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Dragon Knight

Yeah dimming is automatically done for TV broadcast home media never has it.

10. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Death Scythe

I assumed that would be the case, the dimming really annoyed me so look forward to watching it again without.

11. PilibO

12. johnnythm

johnnythm Universal Pictures Representative Industry Representative

Hello all. Universal here. We will be announcing our Universal slate to end of year at this months Comicon - currently we have six shows planned for release. I can tell you that the first release will be Starmyu on August 7th. Priced cheaper than Arslan/ Seraph and wont be quite as lavish as those sets but will include artcards and packaged in an amaray with card slipcover. We will be releasing this on DVD and BD and will be setting up pre-orders as soon as artwork is approved from Japan.

Rui, Joe, Jon O Fun and 8 others like this.
  13. blinx01

blinx01 Completely Average High School Student

Excellent news!
    Hoping it includes Berserk and Drifters releasing by the end of the year!

14. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

Hoping for Drifters, Netoge and Grisaia (we kinda know they have Drifters)

15. They already confirmed they have Drifters last year.

I reckon the line up will be Berserk Part 1, Drifters, Starmyu, Arslan Season 2, Netoge and one more(would love it to be a complete Hellsing Ultimate set).

16. blinx01

blinx01 Completely Average High School Student

Complete Hellsing Ultimate set would be legendary if possible!

17. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

I want them to be the distributor who got Higurashi so that it means Manga don't have it

18. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

My predictions:
    • And you thought that there is never a girl online?
    • Bakuon!!
    • Berserk 2016 [CE]
    • Drifters [CE]
    • The Grisaia Trilogy
    • Hakuoki Movie series [CE]
    • The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Bowl Dance [CE]
    • Higurashi: When They Cry
    • Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  19. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

20. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun Great Teacher

I'm gonna go for the unexpected and say Attack On Titan 2! Obviously as a funi release.

And if any company has the cash to slap Japan into releasing their grip on Evangelion... Universal is my bet ;)