UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by Rui, Jun 11, 2016.

1. johnnythm

johnnythm Universal Pictures Representative Industry Representative

We are still working on our 2017 line up and we haven't announced anything beyond Starmyu, Drifters and Beserk officially yet but I think there is a very good chance that we will be releasing So You Thought There Was Never A Girl Online in the UK in 2017!

2. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Thousand Master

Personally, I'd rather you bring us Grisaia. It's a much better series than So You Thought There Was Never A Girl Online.

3. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

Can we not have both? Id defiantly buy Netoge and Grisaia

Jaysgba likes this.
  4. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

[​IMG]

5. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Very OT but Henceforth i would love it if people spoiler tag the names of the shows that they use images and gifs from. I love seeing them but always ends in me having to Google search for the show details online :p

Rui likes this.
  6. Joshawott

Joshawott Monsieur Monster AUKN Staff

I would be over the moon if And you thought there is never a girl online? was released here, maybe even with a Seraph/Arslan-style Collector's Edition?

7. NormanicGrav

Well this is awkward, Arslan Part 1 has Short Comedy episodes 1-7, but Part 2 has Short Comedy episodes 5-8. Huh?

[​IMG]

Jaysgba likes this.
  8. blinx01

blinx01 Completely Average High School Student

Any news on an updated schedule?
    Berserk and Drifters are the main two I'm interested in...

9. mrclt1994

mrclt1994 Hunter

Arslan S2 news? :D

PilibO likes this.
  10. bailey1985

bailey1985 Hunter

NormanicGrav, HWR, Buzz201 and 3 others like this.
  11. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

PilibO likes this.
  12. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

If it is Universal then that's great. Nice collectors edition ahoy!

PilibO likes this.
  13. Patient-X

Patient-X School Idol

I like the Arslan and Seraph CEs, I just wish the opening was in the side rather than the top.

14. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

Still waiting on news for Netoge as well. Hope we get some more info on the 2017 line-up soon. Drifters is on my purchase list.

15. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun Great Teacher

Bonus disc TWO! And it's nearly 2 hours long?! Jesus that's a lot of extras!!!! :D

16. HWR

HWR Magical Girl

Looks to be a good release, Universal have been great thus far :D (though I agree that side-opening would be better than top-opening)
    Would be interesting to see if anything has developed regarding Berserk 2016 as well (especially since a dub trailer was just unveiled)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  17. bailey1985

bailey1985 Hunter

Jon O Fun and HWR like this.
  18. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Loads of content i'll (unfortunately) never watch, just give me an artbook like the previous UP releases and i'll be happy!

19. NormanicGrav

Three Blu-ray discs? This is interesting considering I took a look at the US release. They have 2 Blu-ray discs and 3 DVD discs. The extras that are listed on the BBFC are all on Blu-ray disc 2.

Either way, it's time to intensify:

[​IMG]

sniper_samurai and HWR like this.
  20. HWR

HWR Magical Girl

If previous UP releases are anything to go by we'll get the best of both (booklet and bonus material) :D