UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Universal Pictures Discussion Thr

Tind said:
Hey!
Is there any news about releasing a Collectors Edition box for part 2 of Seraph which can hold both part 1 and 2?
Would like one of those for Heroic Legend of Arslan as well.

Gemsy-chan said:
Tind said:
Hey!
Is there any news about releasing a Collectors Edition box for part 2 of Seraph which can hold both part 1 and 2?
Would like one of those for Heroic Legend of Arslan as well.

Yea, that would be cool too!

I mean just look at the Funimation CE box, I really like it, something similar for the UK which holds part 1 and 2 would be awesome!

http://imgur.com/DjDTMkA

I kinda like the idea of keeping the parts separately so if a box is happening it'd be nice to have the option of buying part 2 with or without the box (especially as it'll be presumably pushing the price up). I know that sounds like a bit of a nightmare to handle though...

It's already in a nice box so I don't see a need to add an additional one either. A purple velvet bag with silken lace on the other hand....

What I could definitely do with, is a giant poster of Shinoa's smug grin for Seraph Part 2. Either as part of the set, or a special commission just for me - either is fine :p

UK Anime Network News on Universal UK:

The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season One Part Two details:
This will be followed later in the month with The Heroic Legend of Arslan Season 1 Part 2 on Monday, 26th December - both DVD and Blu-ray Collector's Editions will ship with a hefty 100-page "flipper" art book featuring a visual guide and character sketch book, character cards, 12 art cards and adouble-sided poster.
Seraph of the End: Season One Part Two details:
Returning our focus to 2016 however, we now have a confirmed date for Seraph of the End Season 1 Part 2, that being Monday, 5th December. Both the DVD and Blu-ray Collector's Edition SKUs will contain art cards, character cards, a poster, a 30-page book, and aset of lenticular chibi character stickers.
And introducing the fifth title to join the anime line-up is STARMYU!
Let's start with that new title first, as the distributor has confirmed that the first season of STARMYU will be getting a UK release on home video - this series will be getting the Universal Pictures' Collector's Edition treatment, albeit at a lower price and with less bonus content than previous releases. The release is currently slated for January 2017, with further details to be confirmed.
Source

Slightly disappointed that there's no collectors box to put both parts in for Arslan or Serpeh.

I'm not too fussed re: Seraph because the separate boxes (judging by the first anyways!) are really nice to display.

A little disappointed in the content for Seraph, wish the book was bigger and I'm not really sold on the idea of more character cards (as nice as they are), so I guess I'll see what the artcards look like.

We haven't discounted a collectors box for Arslan and if there is enough interest we might look to release one with Season 2 so you can have all your Arslan in one box. Otherwise a box for parts one and two of series one and a stand alone series two release might look a little off on your shelf. Would be interested in knowing what you guys think. That said we think our rigid slipcases are pretty nice on their own.

With regards the Seraph book - we just didn't have the same content from parts 5-8 in Japan as we did for part 1-4. We have assembled the biggest book we could using all the content from the Japanese vol 5-8 and a few things we didn't use from 1-4 so it is as complete as it can be. The artcards are beautiful and the same quality card stock as in part one and the lenticular stickers are amazing - the 3D effect looks great and we are doing twelve of them.

Oh, and the boxes are top loading (!) with landscape digibooks. We might go side loading for Starmyu though !!

Can't say artcards, character cards, posters or stickers do it for me tbh, then again what else is there? Seem to be the go to tat for collectors editions. I'll still be picking up Seraph, although the lack of an artbox is pretty disappointing after seeing the US set.

Can't say artcards, character cards, posters or stickers do it for me tbh, then again what else is there? Seem to be the go to tat for collectors editions. I'll still be picking up Seraph, although the lack of an artbox is pretty disappointing after seeing the US set.

So what you want is an artbox for you to put artboxes inside?

Reminds me of the xzibit meme

We haven't discounted a collectors box for Arslan and if there is enough interest we might look to release one with Season 2 so you can have all your Arslan in one box. Otherwise a box for parts one and two of series one and a stand alone series two release might look a little off on your shelf. Would be interested in knowing what you guys think. That said we think our rigid slipcases are pretty nice on their own.

With regards the Seraph book - we just didn't have the same content from parts 5-8 in Japan as we did for part 1-4. We have assembled the biggest book we could using all the content from the Japanese vol 5-8 and a few things we didn't use from 1-4 so it is as complete as it can be. The artcards are beautiful and the same quality card stock as in part one and the lenticular stickers are amazing - the 3D effect looks great and we are doing twelve of them.

Oh, and the boxes are top loading (!) with landscape digibooks. We might go side loading for Starmyu though !!

Not sure if it's just a preference, but I like having as few cases on my shelf as possible per show, I just think it looks nicer.

Otherwise a box for parts one and two of series one and a stand alone series two release might look a little off on your shelf. Would be interested in knowing what you guys think.

I think a collector's artbox to keep both sets for Arslan, or one for Seraph would be great, something for both parts to sit inside, sort of like what Anime Limited did with their Sword Art Online release. I would definitely willing to pay extra for the added box as I feel it would add a more Collector's/Premium feel to the release, even though as you say, the sets are pretty nice anyway.

Excellent news about Starmyu, and I'm looking forward to both of those December sets! A big box with Arslan s2 might help soften the pain of how short it is. I don't really need a box for all of the boxes, but on the other hand, it means even more artwork...

R

Great news about the second parts of the shows.
Now, I do like an artbox as much as the next person, but the ones we have are great and I don't personally think another is necessary for me.
Especially if Seraph gets any further seasons then it just wouldn't work.
SAO2 had 4 parts, so that's slightly understandable but feel the Arslan and Seraph ones are great as is. Not to mention very heavy and might be difficult to "weight" the box for the complete series.

Plus, where do we stop? Could we have an artbox for the artbox too? XD

Back