UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Universal Pictures Discussion Thr

NormanicGrav said:
mrclt1994 said:
Thanks, John.

I don't mind waiting to be honest, i'm a fan of both Seraph and Arslan but I'm in no rush to rewatch them. What I would ask though is... Is there the possibility of getting an artbox with the part 2 releases to store parts 1 and 2 of these titles? Bit much i know but though i'd give it a shot lol as I'd definitely spend a bit more on a p2 if it had a limited run with a complete series art box.

I would be up for this, besides if its possible they could use art like this:

71_WSQykg8x_L_SL1438.jpg

71DYWLY5BlL._SL1000_.jpg

I didn't watch Seraph yet (I want to marathon part 1 and 2) but is that a trap on the side of the box? If yes, then please dont use that art in the UK...put Krul there.
Also, I think the black+green as main colors used for part 1 was better then this.

Tind said:
December 5. for Seraph?! Holy cow! That is really disappointing... hope there wont be any delays so I could get it for the Holidays.
Not surprised with when part 2 of Seraph is coming out. Most people seem to be forgetting that there was a 1 cour gap between each half with part 2 finishing 6 months after part 1. Part 2 ran in the Autumn season last year and only ended in December.

Having it out here in December would be the same length of time from when it finished to UK release as part 1.

Tind said:
I didn't watch Seraph yet (I want to marathon part 1 and 2) but is that a trap on the side of the box? If yes, then please dont use that art in the UK...put Krul there.
Also, I thing the black+green as main colors used for part 1 wad better then this.
Wait what, why not? I mean, why does it matter what reproductive organs the character on the side of the box has? Would you be happy with that image if the character were the sex you think they appear to be? What a strange thing to say.....

*As a note, I've watched the first 12 episodes and can't remember if that character is male or female.*

Anyway I'd love an artbox with that artwork too, but seems pretty unlikely to happen.

sniper_samurai said:
Not surprised with when part 2 of Seraph is coming out. Most people seem to be forgetting that there was a 1 cour gap between each half with part 2 finishing 6 months after part 1. Part 2 ran in the Autumn season last year and only ended in December.

Having it out here in December would be the same length of time from when it finished to UK release as part 1.
That's a fair point, I only watched the first 12 episodes so that didn't even occur to me.

Thanks for sharing the artbox art, Grav. Yes would be very happy with something like that!

Buzzkillington said:
Wait what, why not? I mean, why does it matter what reproductive organs the character on the side of the box has? Would you be happy with that image if the character were the sex you think they appear to be? What a strange thing to say.....

*As a note, I've watched the first 12 episodes and can't remember if that character is male or female.*

Anyway I'd love an artbox with that artwork too, but seems pretty unlikely to happen.

I've only seen Season 1 but I'm pretty sure the spine is not a trap. This box was Volume 3 so there's probably another one somewhere (I didn't want to locate it in case of spoilers).

mrclt1994 said:
Thanks for sharing the artbox art, Grav. Yes would be very happy with something like that!

No problem. If we don't get a box then I'm honestly fine with the art shown so far, especially Arslan's.

There was a similar art box for Seraph part one in Japan but we couldn't clear the rights to use the art.

Just came out of planning meeting for the Seraph and Arslan part two box sets - looking forward to sharing with you when I can.

johnnythm said:
There was a similar art box for Seraph part one in Japan but we couldn't clear the rights to use the art.

Just came out of planning meeting for the Seraph and Arslan part two box sets - looking forward to sharing with you when I can.

Nice!
Btw, any chance for the OVA episode Vampire Shahal to be included or only the main series?

NormanicGrav said:
Buzzkillington said:

I've only seen Season 1 but I'm pretty sure the spine is not a trap.

Currently reading the manga and watch the anime, can confirm that the character is female if that clears the question up. I do agree with Buzz though that it really doesn't matter either way.

johnnythm said:

Oo interesting. Thanks, look forward to seeing part 2 art!

Count me as +1 for side loading boxes. Really not a fan of top loading as I feel they always look worse with their spine bleed and inability to blend into a collection.
Seeing as this is the Universal thread I may as well ask, is there any chance we'll see Universal move away from those horrific standardised menus for their anime titles and deliver something more akin to a standard anime release?
Even if you were to use the JP/US BD menu design as a base it's be a massive welcome improvement. Me being nitpicky I'd also like to see subtitles during the OP/ED as well as a better font/colour choice for subs. I can't see myself ever watching through Seraph subtitled via the BD.

Mangaranga said:
Count me as +1 for side loading boxes. Really not a fan of top loading as I feel they always look worse with their spine bleed and inability to blend into a collection.
Seeing as this is the Universal thread I may as well ask, is there any chance we'll see Universal move away from those horrific standardised menus for their anime titles and deliver something more akin to a standard anime release?
Even if you were to use the JP/US BD menu design as a base it's be a massive welcome improvement. Me being nitpicky I'd also like to see subtitles during the OP/ED as well as a better font/colour choice for subs. I can't see myself ever watching through Seraph subtitled via the BD.

Hell no. Those screencaps posted on the last thread were perfect. Please don't change them.

Funimation and Aniplex's tiny subtitles can bugger right off. I shouldn't have to squint at the screen to read them, as I did with Danganronpa. Why anime distributors can't just use the stand subtitle font all other releases use is beyond me.

I can agree with the menus. They have to be the only menus I've ever used on a DVD/BD with a learning curve...

I actually haven't seen any subtitles on a Universal release (Haven't gotten around to watching Serph yet and I watched Arslan dubbed) but I assume they're more akin to Sentai subs than Funimation or Aniplex? Big and yellow?

I just checked my Seraph set to see the subtitles after reading that and I'm not a fan of the ones they've used :/ They're far too big imo, they're also are no where near as uh clean? (not sure if that's the right word) as I would like and that's a real let down as I'm not going to watch it dubbed so.....

IncendiaryLemon said:
I can agree with the menus. They have to be the only menus I've ever used on a DVD/BD with a learning curve...

I actually haven't seen any subtitles on a Universal release (Haven't gotten around to watching Serph yet and I watched Arslan dubbed) but I assume they're more akin to Sentai subs than Funimation or Aniplex? Big and yellow?

No. Big and White, with a small shadow. As they should be.

As I've said, my eyesight is not great. These small subs are the bane of my anime BD-watching existence. I hope Universal keeps their existing subs.

Buzz201 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

No. Big and White. As they should be.

I have no problems with that then.

For the love of god, don't make them yellow...

Lol there really is no pleasing us anime fans, huh?

I can see where Buzz is coming from, but for me having the subs take up so much of the screen is kinda annoying. I've recently (well, somewhat recently) started wearing glasses (being able to see is pretty great btw, who knew?) but even before that with my awful eyesight I never struggled with subtitles so it's never really occurred to me that it would be a problem.

I will agree that no yellow please.

IncendiaryLemon said:

I posted an example a while ago.

Subtitles that large wouldn't be quite as bothersome if they were as close to the bottom of the image as possible.

I will be doing the usual thing with Seraph and be watching it dubbed (after having watched it subbed when it aired) just so I can experience it slightly differently but will check the subs and see if I like 'em or not when I get the chance.

Back