UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Universal Pictures Discussion Thr

When Artsmagic released Salaryman Kintaro on DVD, indeed on all of their foreign language DVDs, they're were two subtitle tracks, one with a small font, and the same subtitles in a larger font.

Demelza said:
Currently reading the manga and watch the anime, can confirm that the character is female if that clears the question up. I do agree with Buzz though that it really doesn't matter either way.
During the simulcast I had always assumed Asuramaru to be female, but they were subbed as being male on the UK BDs..

Shiroi Hane said:
Demelza said:
Currently reading the manga and watch the anime, can confirm that the character is female if that clears the question up. I do agree with Buzz though that it really doesn't matter either way.
During the simulcast I had always assumed Asuramaru to be female, but they were subbed as being male on the UK BDs..
Asuramaru is male as he's
Krul Tepes brother

Last edited by a moderator:

I always thought the reaction to the use of the word trap to be an overreaction, until I read it in use in this for tbh. I get it now. The character is male and looks a bit female, but I don't have an issue with that at all or personally understand the issue.

I would want a character like Krul Tepes for very different reasons.

On to the reason for the post. I think since naturally, people who are likely to have a more strong opinion on something speak up about it, I must say that as long as the box art on the side is better than on Space Dandy (I feel bad speaking negatively about the work of another company here), I actually prefer top loading. Things seem held together a little better and some of my CE releases are likely to fall out. I also like that the book can be landscape and have the spine upwards.

Aww damn. I just caught a major spoiler.I thought "show" would show me a picture...

Interesting discussion on the subs. As for the menus, they are Universal standard and are unlikely to change I'm afraid but I will pass your comments along. Arlslan releasing next week, am sending out review copies today!

Would really really really love an Artbox to store parts 1 and 2 of Seraph of the End. You know... Kinda like how Funimation's US CE artbox looks like.

Just saying, I would happily pay more!

I received my Arslan set today.
Holy crap, it's even more glorious than the Seraph of the End one.
I probably won't play the game included (as it would leave a gap in the box), but the artcards are amazing. Thick card stock, and the artbook is wonderful too.

Also, no bleeding around the corners on art (spine to front/back) so it's been put together beautifully.

I absolutely agree, the Arslan set has a real feel of quality throughout. Quality paper in the book, high quality card used on the artcards and the digipack, and all the images are cleanly printed and simply gorgeous to look at. I love it.

Haven't got a clue what to do with the game though, think I'll just leave it be.

I think my Arslan set is damaged. I haven't opened it yet but one side is slanted considerably. Apologies for the crappy iPod photo's.

vycHMpfl.jpg

ADCirOFl.jpg

I got the set from Amazon.

Received my Arslan set today. Not much to add except keep it up Universal. It's really a lovely set.

Blaize said:
I think my Arslan set is damaged. I haven't opened it yet but one side is slanted considerably. Apologies for the crappy iPod photo's.

I got the set from Amazon.

Nope, mine wasn't like that all. Perfectly flat for my copy.

I'll be returning mine to Amazon for a replacement. Unfortunate but it's been at least two years since I've had to return something.

Thanks for all the kind comments folks. Blaize - please let me know if you have any issues returning to Amazon and I will help sort out

Got my copy yesterday. I thought the Seraph of the End was top quality but they've out done themselves with the Arslan set. Really looking forward to part two.

I took a chance on Arslan and I am very impressed by the quality of presentation & extras. I'm not personally a fan of price hiking extras but the price didn't feel exorbitant (paid £35)

I'll be looking forward to future releases.

I have received my replacement and have no problems with it thankfully. I echo everyone else by saying that this is a really beautiful set the only feedback I can give for it is the digipack that holds the discs has some lower resolution artwork (I presume Screencaps) like the Seraph of the End set had. Obviously not a deal breaker but it would be nice to have some higher resolution art there.

But yeah overall a totally outstanding release.

Blaize got the replacement the same day I finally received my preorder copy! Why does Amazon hate me? :(

But yeah, I'm really pleased with this release too. Lots of gorgeous artwork, information and goodies to treasure.

R

Received Arslan the other day really nice set looking forward to the Berserk and Drifters , I hope there is good as this one .

Finally bought myself a copy of Seraph of the End part 1 today. I don't really have much feedback to give that other's haven't in the past, but I just wanted to pop my head in and mention how awesome the art book with the set is - I love it!

I agree with what people said in the past regarding the sets not being top-loading in future (except for Seraph #2 so it matches), but otherwise I can't say I can complain! Also just keep giving me art books, I love them and if they always have this kind of quality then I will be super happy. :p

Hey!
Is there any news about releasing a Collectors Edition box for part 2 of Seraph which can hold both part 1 and 2?

Back