5. ?

Green:

1. Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon
2. Boogiepop Phantom
3. Josee, the Tiger and the Fish
4. Violet Evergarden I: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll
5. ?

Anyone have any other guesses?

Sort of related; my MVM Blu-Ray mystery bundle turned up today.
(the Anime.Ltd one is FedEx, so although I’ve got my other orders; the mystery boxes won’t be until Monday at the earliest)

Girl in Twilight
Psycholelectric Girl
Battle Girl High School
Devils‘ Line
Love and Lies
All standard Amarays, as expected /advertised

(the Anime.Ltd one is FedEx, so although I’ve got my other orders; the mystery boxes won’t be until Monday at the earliest)

Girl in Twilight
Psycholelectric Girl
Battle Girl High School
Devils‘ Line
Love and Lies
Thank you for saving my wallet so for this year they actually not 1 but they have 2 previous releases that were in the mystery boxes, sheesh these must be really low sellers for them to include them again.

The only thing from Anime Limited i got was Sister Devil New Testament Limited Edition set which is a real bargain compared to the other at 12.45( i used the code)

Im surprised it still has not sold out after all these years i would of figured it would of been more popular and its funny cause the standard editions are seperate and are selling for 19.99 each even with the BOGOF so your better getting the LD as you save 5 more pounds that way and get more stuff for your worth, who even keeps tabs on these prices? XD

Last edited:

Girl in Twilight
Psycholelectric Girl
Battle Girl High School
Devils‘ Line
Love and Lies
Good thing I didn't get MVM's box this year as the only one of those that piqued my curiosity in the slightest was Devil's Line (just from the title) but I then looked at the MAL score and now I am fully convinced that my £40 can be put to better use.

The others sound like generic slice of life shows, not saying they are automatically bad because of that, they may be ok, but there is too much anime out there for me to spend time on shows that are simple ok without something that gives them an identity of their own.

The price is insane good (25GBP, but it's probably some bug). I have ultimate, and CE (and premium old release), so I will skip it... probably. But... The blue thing is real cover or still waiting for something, because I'm a little confused.

Last edited:
I personally think that 90 quid minus a penny is too much for one show, a movie, and a few other bits and bobs that I would only look at once or twice; I get Evangellion is highly influential but what's in it to make it worth so much?

I personally think that 90 quid minus a penny is too much for one show, a movie, and a few other bits and bobs that I would only look at once or twice; I get Evangellion is highly influential but what's in it to make it worth so much?
It's primarily the fact that you have the original English dubs and subtitle translations in HD alongside the Netflix dub and its subtitle translation. Basically, four ways to watch the TV series. It's expensive but at least it's still available for those who missed out on the sets from last year.

This has the adv dub and just slightly nicer packaging than the armourys... Basicily its just so people can buy it...

It's primarily the fact that you have the original English dubs and subtitle translations in HD alongside the Netflix dub and its subtitle translation. Basically, four ways to watch the TV series. It's expensive but at least it's still available for those who missed out on the sets from last year.
This has the adv dub and just slightly nicer packaging than the armourys... Basicily its just so people can buy it...
Indeed I can understand why people would want to buy it; I just think £89.99 is a lot for a single set, even if it does have multiple dub options, I could only really justify paying that much for a complete triple figure episode anime set.

I understand it is a collectors set but the standard edition price is not much better either.

I am aware that anime prices in Japan are probably even worse but I personally think that this fact is what is keeping the industry a fairly niche' one as opposed to the game industry which has deals left right and center and is widely enjoyed by billions.

I think it's the wider issue for the industry that shows being priced like this creates that bothers me more than the price itself.

Evangelion should still be on Netflix. If it is then its about as far away as "Niche" as it gets as a good chunk of people subscribe to Netflix making it easily available

Only reason why the physical product could be considered niche is because the hardcode anime fans asked for it... The ones who buy physical media for the Limited, Collectors, Delux and Ultimate editions

Dont get me wrong, the standard edition is £50 so seems a lot, but considering the cost to license it and the rrp the old ADV DVD's were, £50 isnt bad esp when you can likely find it for £40~45

Or... Just watch it on Netflix 🤣

Evangelion should still be on Netflix. If it is then its about as far away as "Niche" as it gets as a good chunk of people subscribe to Netflix making it easily available

Only reason why the physical product could be considered niche is because the hardcode anime fans asked for it... The ones who buy physical media for the Limited, Collectors, Delux and Ultimate editions

Dont get me wrong, the standard edition is £50 so seems a lot, but considering the cost to license it and the rrp the old ADV DVD's were, £50 isnt bad esp when you can likely find it for £40~45

Or... Just watch it on Netflix 🤣
So what I was referring to as fairly niche' was the anime industry as a whole, not Evangelion which is one of the more popular shows; I am aware that the industry is getting more popular as time goes on and Netflix has helped a lot in that regard, however, compared to the game and even the film industry, it still has a long way to go which results in some of my other pet peeves with the industry such as region locking, locked subs and some shows not getting released in the UK at all.

I have actually already seen Evangellion and don't get me wrong, it is a very good show and I will concede that collectors ed sets are indeed for hardcore fans but some shows or films don't even get a standard ed, a place on a UK streaming service or even a UK release; like I say, the wider issues caused by high anime prices, on any show really, particularily in Japan, bothers me more than the price itself.

At this price point it’d have been nice to atleast get some art on the box / disks it feels really weird for it to be just blue
The price is definitely too much; with that said I actually don't mind the box art as it goes well with some of the themes of the show; if I can remember (it's been a while since I saw it last) without spoiling anything, some events lead to certain characters feeling empty inside, just like the box art; hopefully not the box itself though, that would not be good lol.

Last edited:
Back