UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

That's awesome show at that price. Love Basilisk.

Just in case nobody else posts it, you can get 20% off at HMV between now and Midday on Monday by entering the code 20OFFHMV at checkout. No pre-orders unfortunately.

And The Book Depository are running another 10% off promotion until 31st May. Code is May11.

Just noticed trsi's Funimation studio sale in time for the last day... as much as I hate Funi, I am tempted by Rideback, Soul Eater, and Dance in the Vampire Bund at the very least.

animefreak17 said:
Akaihane said:
Been thinking of Texhnolyze for a while now. Anyone have any recommendations for it?
yeah if you like horrible ending

There's a difference between horrible and downbeat. Texhnolyze's ending is perfect for its story. It's a Yoshitoshi aBe series, so if you've seen Haibane Renmei, or especially Lain, you'll know something of what to expect from the story and style. Texhnolyze is a futuristic apocalyptic anime, a slow paced atmospheric mood killer, the Radiohead of anime shows, not for everyone, but bloody awesome if you can hook into the mood.

For horrible endings, see half the Gonzo shows in existence. There's a company that hasn't the slightest idea of how to satisfactorily end a series.

I have no problem with depressing endings as long as they are well done :D I loved Lain, and Haibane is one of my all time favourites (the book that largely inspired it is also a fave of mine). Fingers crossed I like this.

I think I'm a bit antsy about this kind of show at the moment as I recently watched Ergo Proxy which I adored the style of, enjoyed the beginning and ending, but almost dropped it as I really didn't enjoy the middle of the series (though I think it was largely down to not liking many of the characters).

Another one to add to the growing stack of DVDs on my shelves I have yet to watch >_<

Just Passing Through said:
animefreak17 said:
Akaihane said:
Been thinking of Texhnolyze for a while now. Anyone have any recommendations for it?
yeah if you like horrible ending

There's a difference between horrible and downbeat. Texhnolyze's ending is perfect for its story. It's a Yoshitoshi aBe series, so if you've seen Haibane Renmei, or especially Lain, you'll know something of what to expect from the story and style. Texhnolyze is a futuristic apocalyptic anime, a slow paced atmospheric mood killer, the Radiohead of anime shows, not for everyone, but bloody awesome if you can hook into the mood.

For horrible endings, see half the Gonzo shows in existence. There's a company that hasn't the slightest idea of how to satisfactorily end a series.
ok then its down beat then

Yoshitoshi aBe was only responsible for the character designs in Texhnolyze. The show is written by Chiaki J. Konaka, and is more like his Lain than anything else. It's dense, confusing, abstract, and incredibly grim. And if you want likeable characters, look elsewhere.

I think Texhnolyze is worth a tenner for its striking visual style, but the rest of it gave me a headache.

Just ordered Texhnolyze Complete Collection,£10 is fantastic and it is an amazing show a personal fave of mine and now i can finally get rid of my single volumes.

Y'know what? there ain't enough of this sort of thing that goes on on t'interwebz, so what the hell:

THANK YOU to the dedicated dudes who mention these bargains here. i'd have missed a few of them if not for your dilligent efforts.

Back