UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Just to note: you need to use a US forwarding service for Sentai as they don't ship internationally.
Yeah, good thing the Irish postal service has a forwarding service. Not too badly priced at €15.99 for up to 2kg, pity it's in Jersey as there is high sales tax there.

I'll grab Big O and anything else that I fancy to qualify for free shipping to the forwarding service.

massive Sentai sale on, even with the garbage exchange rate there are some good prices for importers
Their sales are usually pretty good but last I checked they don't deliver directly outside of US & Canada sadly, unless one uses one of those import companies or whatever they're called. Also reminds of some titles I worry will never make it as UK releases now including SNAFU season 3, shirobako and nana...

What US forwarding service you recommend to use?

Last time I use Ship7 and they are okay. I ordered a manga book that was available from BnN but wasn't in stock in UK.
I've used these 2 in the past with no problems

futurama-good-news.gif

I've used these 2 in the past with no problems

The TrustPilot ratings for those two companies are pretty yikes. I wonder if they've gone downhill or you got lucky.

massive Sentai sale on, even with the garbage exchange rate there are some good prices for importers
I've got a trip to America next month so I'm wondering if it would be possible buy some of this stuff now, get it posted to the hotel and then stuff it in my suitcase. Which feels like an absolutely terrible idea but also the cheapest way to get Venus Wars.

Edit:
please let me know if you think that’s doable. I genuinely don’t know.

Last edited:
When using forwarding services, avoid ordering backordered or preorder items - cause this might result in partial shipments which would increase the fees charged by those forwarders.

I've got a trip to America next month so I'm wondering if it would be possible buy some of this stuff now, get it posted to the hotel and then stuff it in my suitcase. Which feels like an absolutely terrible idea but also the cheapest way to get Venus Wars.

Edit:
please let me know if you think that’s doable. I genuinely don’t know.
If you were doing that for a local UK order being delivered by a tracked service like dpd for example, you could order and then just change the date of delivery to when you're around. Maybe you could look into their delivery services and do something similar?

Back